Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   593 views

Description

Dear Administration, I ask you to punish a person with a nickname 'micxem2585' on the site 'diablo 2 i0' for misinformation on Diablo
Description by Bikass

Can be used to make Runewords:

Dear Administration, I ask you to punish a person with a nickname 'micxem2585' on the site 'diablo 2 i0' for misinformation on Diablo

ShadowHeart 2086Moderator

Europe PC
This happens fairly frequently. Sometimes the /uberdiablo command is plain wrong (there are some known bugs with it), sometimes people make legit mistakes, and sometimes there are actual trolls purposely reporting false status updates.

@Teebling, not sure what the site policy on this is, if there is one? Might be best if you put in your 2 cents, I think...

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
This happens fairly frequently. Sometimes the /uberdiablo command is plain wrong (there are some known bugs with it), sometimes people make legit mistakes, and sometimes there are actual trolls purposely reporting false status updates.

@Teebling, not sure what the site policy on this is, if there is one? Might be best if you put in your 2 cents, I think...
I think that such people should be punished, sometimes the races start at 5 in the morning. That I have to wake up in the morning when someone just joked like that?

Europe PC
Bikass wrote: 1 year ago
I think that such people should be punished, sometimes the races start at 5 in the morning. That I have to wake up in the morning when someone just joked like that?
I'll leave it up to Teebling to answer, he's the site admin/owner (or perhaps one of the other mods wants to answer for him).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Bikass wrote: 1 year ago
I'll leave it up to Teebling to answer, he's the site admin/owner (or perhaps one of the other mods wants to answer for him).
OK, thank you
The person might have selected the wrong realm, or progress. Maybe he got the wrong information from somewhere.
We don't know if that person maybe just made a mistake once, but has provided usedful information 100 times.

If you are changing your sleeping habits or think people deserve to get punished for this, you are taking this *game* way too seriously.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
OP
SuperIllu wrote: 1 year ago
The person might have selected the wrong realm, or progress. Maybe he got the wrong information from somewhere.
We don't know if that person maybe just made a mistake once, but has provided usedful information 100 times.

If you are changing your sleeping habits or think people deserve to get punished for this, you are taking this *game* way too seriously.
You first look at his profile on the site, then you tell me something. Registered an hour ago and made 100 useful reviews)?
1. He received the wrong information. He can log in and check the status
2. It's not for you to give me advice on how to relate to the game.
lol

Btw your account is also 1 day old.

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511
OP
JulieP wrote: 1 year ago
lol

Btw your account is also 1 day old.
I say that I made 100 useful reviews?

Teebling 6007Admin

Europe PC
There are loads of bugs with the in-game /uberdiablo command (still) so this was probably an accidental one-off and no-one is getting punished. Just correct the mistake np. If it happens again please private message me.

I can relate to the frustration, back when Anni was super important to me, I was waking up at all hours of the night when people would report wrong info and it would drive me bonkers some nights.

Best thing you can do is private message them and kindly let them know they made a mistake. 9/10 times it fixes the problem with that user and they'll pay more attention in future.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Necrarch 1777Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Same as above. If the command from Blizzard wasn't wrong a good 10% of the time, we could consider people are behaving badly.

Here, the probability that the command just returns a wrong value for that guy that this cannot be done.

Apart from that, Annis used to be very valuable, they are not anymore. Clearly not worth breaking your own sleep.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Just use "d2r clone hunters" on discord to get notification when people are selling, it will also give you an alert before a host begin selling sojs for wich region and game mode

time and date for planned host to spawn dclone etc etc, usally when they begin selling it takes 2-10min for him to spawn

PM if I win

Schnorki 3317Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago

Apart from that, Annis used to be very valuable, they are not anymore. Clearly not worth breaking your won sleep.
And yet, even then...
:)

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Europe PC
Naitsirk wrote: 1 year ago
Just use "d2r clone hunters" on discord to get notification when people are selling, it will also give you an alert before a host begin selling sojs for wich region and game mode

time and date for planned host to spawn dclone etc etc, usally when they begin selling it takes 2-10min for him to spawn
Funnily enough, a lot** of status updates on D2R Clone Hunters come from.... you guessed it, diablo2.io. The bot on D2R Clone Hunters that handles manual user status reports also picks up status updates from Teebling's neat little tracker API right here. Sooooo.... in the end, the source for status updates is often the same, this very website ;) It feels like despite their 20k+ members, the users here are a lot more active in actually reporting status updates (false or not). D2R Clone Hunters' announcements of upcoming/planned walks is best in class however, that's my source 99% of the time when I post on these boards about upcoming walks :)

** I would say most, it certainly feels like it sometimes, but I haven't actually counted :P

OP
As a result of this topic, the person sent a personal message to me and apologized, the incident is over.

Necrarch 1777Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
All the better, one good thing done ! :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...