Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   646 views

Description

Hey y’all

The Ik armour dropped for me recently (thanks game for the troll drop, next gunna drop me mavina’s
Diadem
? Haha), I threw on the whole set, and wow, the set bonuses look impressive. But before I use one of my hard earned tokens on a respec for my disappointing
Frenzy
barb, I have a few questions:

1. Is an Ik barb even viable? I know pretty much everything is viable on players 1, but can an Ik barb handle anything higher?

2. What’s the best build? I’d assume
Whirlwind
, but any other options?

3. Is there any other use for the Ik set? I’ve heard a Fury Druid can use most of it, but haven’t seen a proper build guide.

Thanks for any advice, if the answer is : “nah it’s not viable, don’t waste your time” it’s all good!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 548

Switch
Hey y’all

The Ik armour dropped for me recently (thanks game for the troll drop, next gunna drop me mavina’s
Diadem
? Haha), I threw on the whole set, and wow, the set bonuses look impressive. But before I use one of my hard earned tokens on a respec for my disappointing
Frenzy
barb, I have a few questions:

1. Is an Ik barb even viable? I know pretty much everything is viable on players 1, but can an Ik barb handle anything higher?

2. What’s the best build? I’d assume
Whirlwind
, but any other options?

3. Is there any other use for the Ik set? I’ve heard a Fury Druid can use most of it, but haven’t seen a proper build guide.

Thanks for any advice, if the answer is : “nah it’s not viable, don’t waste your time” it’s all good!

M1ck 336

Europe PC
In general Barbarian is weaker than a lot of the other classes because it needs good gear (Melee tends to be that way). Fully equipped it can demolish though.

I have a magic find barb, which uses
Berserk
. Slow, but fun to play finding items and gold etc.

Schnorki 3308Moderator

PC
Ik barbs work just fine.

Given, they're far from the best version of a barb so don't expect them to just plow through P8 in record time but they can certainly handle their own beyond P1 as well.

But yeah, as you already guessed, that's speaking from a WW perspective. Mainly due to attack speed constraints.

You can take zerk down to 11fps best case I believe it was (without fana/burst) which is just sad and slow.

Whirlwind
by contrast you can take down to 5 relatively easily, without even touching the
Maul
sockets. As a result, not only do you get way more attack speed but you can actually do something silly like BerBer your IK
Maul
to end up with a solid 80 crushing blow.

Frenzy
obviously isn't an option because you can't be an IK barb without the
Maul
, meaning you get no 2nd weapon to
Frenzy
with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP

Nate 548

Switch
Yea maybe I’ll save it for 2.5 and give him a Hustle on switch, or set him up with an act 1 merc using my now undervalued Faith
it's a very nice set and cheap, but massive cold damage means lots of shattering monsters. didn't put a single point in
Find Item
i used act2 merc w. Insight/might

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...