Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
87 replies   11850 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

pyropy wrote: 1 year ago
I love starting from scratch with nothing. Getting rich is fun, being rich is boring IMO.
I am increasingly coming round to this point of view. Not that I've ever been rich but I prefer the quest to get there than playing with end game toys.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
What are your plans for starting season 3 guys?
The usual: Doing a Blizz Sorc, building an Edge and selling all Annis that drop for Runes

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
Also love starting from scratch. Though I exclusively play HC ladder.
I was hoping for a bit more time in S2 since I only started about a 5 or 6 weeks ago but ah well.

I'll do my usual and make a trapsin as a main and randomly decide on a build as next..
I'll be rolling a new class. Typically only play ladder to play through the game with other folks then SP thereafter :)
Damn lol I just got back in... ran several builds but got 3 to NM. Fury Druid,
Vampire
Assassin and, lightning sorceress.

I think sorceress is the way to go. She's so powerful ... not very much fun in normal but I read she grows into Hell really well.

But I'd be farming the whole time for another assassin. I'm in love with this build and doing countess runs with mostly found items. She's SO fun!
Blubbalutsch wrote: 1 year ago
The usual: Doing a Blizz Sorc, building an Edge and selling all Annis that drop for Runes
How much time do u need to kill dc with blizzard sorc?
Difficult question.
My assumption is that there will be no significant changes in game (maybe new runewords only).

To be honest i thought about builds for quite some time. General assumption is to limit playtime (there is other life than diablo) so I want to focus on dc (from start) and maybe tz for sunder / some arreas like travi for small Wealth and not choose same builds (foher, hdin out). Also I assume I will not be able to build Enigma, Infinity etc
So 3 ideas are blizz sorc, hybrid zealot/smiter (maybe also for ubers) and... and hybrid assasin (if any reasonable build for play with kicker add on can be done - still looking for)
Any advice?

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
Blizz sorc is certainly one of the cheapest options to be effective with. Hence it being so damn popular with everyone, despite being eclipsed by plenty of other builds later on. Though ironically, it was also one of the hardest/most relatively expensive ones to ramp up in S2 because everyone and their mom had one after all of that sunder-cold-mastery wining. Took folks a while to realize that wasn't nearly as OP as they all claimed and other builds still outperform the hell out of it. Might still happen again for S3 though.

As far as dclone goes, blizz sorcs can cheese him with almost no gear, so long as you know what you're doing (palace +
Edge Bow
= win). So you're basically guaranteed to be able to handle him starting with the first walk. Come some proper gear, they can handle him quite easily out in the open as well though the kill does naturally take significantly longer than a lot of other builds.
So while you can certainly handle your own dclones, odds are you won't be fast enough with it to reliably sneak into pugs for extra annis as they'll all have been farmed clean by the time you're ready.

A hybrid pally (or even a pure smiter) on the other hand is a bit more annoying to get going but once you have one, you can just farm on autopilot. Get enough gear to handle ubers (which can be done on a budget). Get enough trading powder for your first full set of keys. Then just keep wrecking ubers and farm torches to sell for 4x3. That way, every 3rd run is a free torch for you which either reliably sells unid for solid income to gear yourself with or which you can gamble on to try and find a sorc torch or two to basically be done instantly.
DClone will obviously be a joke with a pally.

Assassins are kind of a middle Ground imo. Easier to get going than a pally initially but they also drop off in performance significantly faster when compared to a pally. Kicksins at least. But unlike a normal blizz sorc, a kicksin can also handle ubers herself so that's a definite plus. Come some gear, you always have the option to move her into being a trapper instead which makes for very solid farming and easy enough dclones though ubers will then no longer rly be on the table.

Honestly, you can make every class work if you want to..all with their own advantages and disadvantages. I'd say just pick whichever you enjoy the most.
Personally, I'll continue to be torn until we know what S3 actually brings. Changes/added gear may well impact what you want/how you play. E.g. sunders basically forced you into
Terror
zones for farming (if you actually wanted to drop some yourself), meaning the ideal solution was an allrounder farming build. Without something like that though, one can always go back to just chaining CS or solely ubers or whatever the hell ya want.

That having been said...
My wish for S3 is merely a new BiS helmet runeword akin to Flickering Flame except for necros and cold skills this time. Solely because I'm tired of looking at the hideous current BiS helmets on them two. :(
Alternatively, some per-char checkmark to show/hide headwear would do the trick.
I know..wishful thinking.. :)
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Took folks a while to realize that wasn't nearly as OP as they all claimed and other builds still outperform the hell out of it. Might still happen again for S3 though.
Not to start that argument here, but thank you. I can't count the number of people I saw claiming that sunder charms were going to ruin the game because no one else would play anything but cold sorceresses. A ton of people even claimed they'd stop playing.

And yeah, it will almost certainly happen again.
I'd say just pick whichever you enjoy the most.
The most important consideration if you ask me.
Alternatively, some per-char checkmark to show/hide headwear would do the trick.
I still think the best thing they did with D3 over D2 is the in game transmogrification.

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
I still think the best thing they did with D3 over D2 is the in game transmogrification.
Transmog is one of the best ideas in any game that includes visually distinct gear imo. Really the only way to go from "everyone always looks the exact same" to some sort of variety, despite everyone using the same BiS gear.

But for D2:R...I would never dare Dream that big. :P

Given, generally speaking, I'm all for "the less changes the better". But that one..even I would love to see! Though we certainly never will.
I disagree. The best thing is personal loot.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
I disagree. The best thing is personal loot.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
re Transmog
blizz could change
Anya
's unused quest reward into a visual personalization for 1 item...
That could work. You don't really need it for anything other than armor,
Helm
, weapon, and shield so an
Anya
for each difficulty would be pretty boss.

Of course, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Of course, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Of course not. That wouldn't be a new half-baked idea that ignores a massive backlog of existing bugs or QoL issues in the game.

We need a new feature that adds more bloat and spaghetti code and will present a mind-numbingly stupid usability or UI bug upon initial release and require a subsequent patch or hotfix. It's the ATVI way.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
We need a new feature that adds more bloat and spaghetti code and will present a mind-numbingly stupid usability or UI bug upon initial release and require a subsequent patch or hotfix.
Oh, I'm sure if they were to implement transmogrification of any kind in D2/D2R, the UI would be a bloody nightmare.
With transmogs, they could simply rip the idea from D3. Except even when the feature and interface design is handed to them on a silver platter, they still wouldn't be able to implement it correctly because this team has proven that they can't manage the most basic game assets without falling flat on their faces.

I'm still annoyed at how on PC, you can't pick up items from the Ground into the open cube drawer if /nopickup is enabled and your item label display is set to "hold" unless you were already displaying the items before opening the cube drawer. If you have the cube drawer open first, you can't highlight anything with your hold key.

I would like nothing more than a pure bugfix patch in preparation for a new season. There are so many stupid issues in this game that devoting effort to fixing those alone would make the game feel new again. Besides, there really isn't a new feature they can implement properly because these lazy project managers (or executives) expect the player base to do all their QA testing.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
With transmogs, they could simply rip the idea from D3. Except even when the feature and interface design is handed to them on a silver platter, they still wouldn't be able to implement it correctly because this team has proven that they can't manage the most basic game assets without falling flat on their faces.
I was actually referring to the implementation not the UI style, design, or "language."

I mean, there is only so much you could do with that and keep any consistency wit the rest of the game.
I would like nothing more than a pure bugfix patch in preparation for a new season.
I could get behind a pure bugfix release if it actually fixed enough stuff to be worth bragging about.

Of course, updating a few bits and pieces in the designer software to make a few new runewords is a great deal easier than actually figuring out why some people have to reload in order to create a game.
Szambodiver wrote: 1 year ago
2-3 min with half-decent stuff. I also recommend getting
Hotspur
and
Dwarf Star
asap as this enables u to just keep standing and stacking Blizzard when dclone firewalls u

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
Szambodiver wrote: 1 year ago
Blubbalutsch wrote: 1 year ago
Quick test kill with an all-rounder semi-mf geared blizz sorc (aka not even close to all-out dmg..no fathom, no nightwing, none of that):
27.6 seconds.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...