Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   2739 views

Description

So I’ve noticed throwing weapons can roll with the “5% chance to can amp damage on striking” which coupled with some good ed would be amazing for a throwing barb - even better than
Lacerator
to get away from causing things to run away mod.

I checked and the
Winged Knife
has the best base speed at -20 and the base damage isn’t that for off the big throwing axes. Plus it’s way faster to gamble. And you can up rares in the cube to elite versions. I shouldn’t need as well to get the ias mod as my barb will be running a Faith merc plus other ias gear.

So that’s what I’m doing with me gold from trav. I know ideally it would be
Eth
and you can’t gamble
Eth
items, but chances are astronomically low to find one in the wild, or through the
Charsi
quest (though that’s what I’m doing with superior
Eth
throwing weapons.

Anyone ever found this or have any recommendations?

I’m ssf offline so I’ve got to find it myself…let the grind begin!

The best one I’ve found so far rolled the fools mod with +40%ed… still meh

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 538

Switch
So I’ve noticed throwing weapons can roll with the “5% chance to can amp damage on striking” which coupled with some good ed would be amazing for a throwing barb - even better than
Lacerator
to get away from causing things to run away mod.

I checked and the
Winged Knife
has the best base speed at -20 and the base damage isn’t that for off the big throwing axes. Plus it’s way faster to gamble. And you can up rares in the cube to elite versions. I shouldn’t need as well to get the ias mod as my barb will be running a Faith merc plus other ias gear.

So that’s what I’m doing with me gold from trav. I know ideally it would be
Eth
and you can’t gamble
Eth
items, but chances are astronomically low to find one in the wild, or through the
Charsi
quest (though that’s what I’m doing with superior
Eth
throwing weapons.

Anyone ever found this or have any recommendations?

I’m ssf offline so I’ve got to find it myself…let the grind begin!

The best one I’ve found so far rolled the fools mod with +40%ed… still meh
A
Cham
in "a week or two" and the "ultimate throwing weapon" now on self-found offline... you are a bit of a masochist aren't you!?

I was happy just to get enough gearing to manage SSF Hell Ancients without grinding for two weeks.
OP

Nate 538

Switch
Well to be fair the 2 goals sorta go hand in hand, run trav till full up on cash, gamble some stuff and repeat.

I’m definitely dipping into my sleep time on this one!

I also might give up… I tend to get bored of stuff like this in a couple days
You can't gamble a GOOD good throwing weapon because only found items can roll ethereal. You want all and any you would potentially use to be ethereal thanks to throwing changes replenishing quality.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Eth
+ 40 IAS + ~350ED + ctc amp.
Seem to be X00
Jah
rune item to me.

My recommendation is being really really really lucky :P

Relax and have fun!
OP

Nate 538

Switch
Yea I’ll be happy with a 200+ ed and ctc amp. But other good mods can also roll as well, including ignore target def, prevent monster heal, charged skills (
Life Tap
Lower Resist
), I even gambled one with 1-500 (ish) lightning damage.

Mostly because the weapon will throw so fast I’m not as worried about the damage, I’ll get plenty of that from skills and other gear, it’s the amp damage needed, otherwise my throwing barb relies on gimmershreds or berzerk (cool, but not ideal)

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Mostly because the weapon will throw so fast I’m not as worried about the damage, I’ll get plenty of that from skills and other gear, it’s the amp damage needed, otherwise my throwing barb relies on gimmershreds or berzerk (cool, but not ideal)
Actually, that's exactly why you should worry about the on-weapon damage.

The enhanced damage you get from skills and other gear is summed and mulitplied with the weapon damage which is then again multiplied due to amp.

So if your weapon damage is on the low end, you're not just looking at dmg lost from "low ed on weapon" but you are looking at massive damage lost due to "low ed on weapon multiplied by skill/gear/stat damage multiplied by amp damage". Basically, cheaping out on the weapon itself is the worst thing you can do because it makes all of your other enhanced damage and the amp proc you're after infinitely worse as they all have less base dmg to multiply.
In terms of "so fast", attack speed is basically just another dmg multiplier to get from hit dmg to DPS. So that's another multiplier becoming significantly worse due to low weapon damage.
OP

Nate 538

Switch
Yea so I found a decent pair of these, at least enough to run them for a bit and see how they do.

Yes I would love these guys with the ed in the +300 range…but I got other things I wanna do with my life.

So I got a +230 ed
Balrog Spear
and a +40 ed
Winged Knife
with +4x to max damage, both have the amp damage proc chance.

So I put all the good gear I had on my throwing barb (was only level 85): my arreat’s face with a 15ias +31ed jewel, highlords, Fortitude, loh, razor tail,
Gore Rider
, ravenfrost and a decent dual leach ring. In my pack is torch, anni and a total of +93 to max damage worth of other charms. The merc has Faith, Treachery and Andy’s face.

I tried out some other combos, war travs for the plus damage, i could also forgo some of the ias gear, with the ias from the weapons and
Fanaticism
I only need +15 off weapon to reach the 7 attacks per second break point. But I didn’t really have better glove/amulet /
Belt
options (any recommendations).

I ran him through the pits,
Arcane Sanctuary
Chaos Sanctuary
and cows on p1, p3, p5 and p7. I also threw on my
Lacerator
/
Warshrike
combo for a bit at each for comparison.

The build is a pure damage throwing barb build - high dex

I can say against a single target or monsters all in a line it’s a pretty solid build, pits even on p7 is decently fast, Chaos is doable on p7 but he starts to slow down (he’s definitely not in danger, the life leached is massive), but cows past p3 it’s like - no thanks the bowazon still clears cows faster. But the attack rating is just massive from that fools mod I got, even at p7 there’s a 95% chance to hit everything. On p1 he shreds everything…everything, and fast too, but most builds should be like that on p1.

These weapons are still not that much better than the
Lacerator
/war shriek combo, especially compared to how much more difficult they are to get. If they were the full +300 ed and
Eth
with some other good modifiers then yes they’d definitely be way better, but what I got…meh.

Also even with all this, I ran into 2 uniques that were Stone skin, immune to physical and had other defences that even with amp damage took a while to cut down.

At the end of the day it was a fun experiment. In doing all the trav runs to fund the gambling I found a perfect gheeds, a 5/5 fire and 5/5 psn facet, a hoz, a pally combat skiller and
Gul
(I also basically found the runes needed to upgrade the throwing weapons). I also found a 42 war trav
Boots
when clearing cows, so not bad.

However in the end as always, the melee/physical builds just pale in comparison to the casters… my hammerdin and javazon could clear basically all level 85 areas on p7 in the time this throwing barb could fully clear p3 cows and Chaos

Being a throw barb is just so fun though, hopefully they could find a way to bump up this build a bit more in the future.
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Being a throw barb is just so fun though, hopefully they could find a way to bump up this build a bit more in the future.
Well, the experiment may not have been a complete success, but at least you had fun and found some pretty nice stuff.
OP

Nate 538

Switch
Yea, I think the gg throwing weapons will always be a chase item for me, like a jmod. There’s still some room for improvement in the build though. I still haven’t found a 3os barb
Helm
with +3 to
Throwing Mastery
and other mods (only spawns in act 1 nightmare and before, and I guess I could try with a act 2 might Pride merc if I work berzerk more often into the mix, but for right now my throwing barb will fill the role of “put the players setting to 3, and just relax for a bit”
There's something just wonderfully silly about throw and sing barbs. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation