Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
27 replies   6060 views

Description

I just had my first Sunder Charm drop in front of the
Icy Cellar
while farming Terrorized Ancients Way. I know some of you have also found one or more Sunders and I'm curious as to what they are and where you found them. Here is an image of the charm I just found.

Can be used to make Runewords:

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Icy Cellar
while farming Terrorized Ancients Way. I know some of you have also found one or more Sunders and I'm curious as to what they are and where you found them. Here is an image of the charm I just found.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Okay, this is a little odd. I just jumped on for a few minutes and another Sunder dropped, it's another
Crack of the Heavens
. Not quite as good as the first, but still usable.

Temple, lvl 2.

Ravoc 123

PC
The negative lightning resist applies to you, so your second one is better.
Sunder means that if an enemy is immune to the relevant element (in your case, lightning), it instead has its resistance set to 95%. This happens before any other negative enemy resistance you might have, so it is VERY useful. As a cost, it greatly reduces your own resistance to that element as well.

All Prices Negotiable :-)
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Seamus McNugget wrote: 1 year ago
Sunder means that if an enemy is immune to the relevant element (in your case, lightning), it instead has its resistance set to 95%. This happens before any other negative enemy resistance you might have, so it is VERY useful. As a cost, it greatly reduces your own resistance to that element as well.
Neither of those are going to help me in anyway, and if I carried one it wouldn't hurt my build either since it's a physical strafezon range fighter. I would have preferred a Physical Sunder, but in a sense my build already breaks physical immunities with
Magic Arrow

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Sunder charms aren't all that rare (even post-fix). You'll find quite a few more as you keep playing.

They can drop off of any champion/unique/boss/.. in a
Terror
zone and at least seem to be unaffected by magic find, despite being unique. The latter part isn't confirmed since we never got the full details of the adjusted drop mechanics but prior implementation and observations support the claim.

Typically, if you actually semi-efficiently farm a
Terror
zone for the full hour, you'll get about a hand full of sunders out of it.

As others already noted, sunder charms do 2 things:
1) They break immunities to a specific element, setting the previously immune target's resistance to a flat 95%. Other resistance reducing effects are then applied on top of that, lowering them further from 95. On targets not previously immune to the element, they don't do anything.

2) They lower your resistance (or in the case of physical flat out increase your dmg taken which is basically the same thing) to that same element by the amount noted on the charm. So for the number you see on them, lower is better. Or for non-phys higher, mathematically speaking, since the number is negative.. :D

Sunders exist for cold, light, fire, poison, magic and physical.
The first 4 can go down to -70 res applied to you on a perfect roll, magic to -45 and physical to 10% dmg increase.
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Icy Cellar
earlier today when
Tal Rasha
was terrorized. I got 2 sunder charms from 1
Terror
zone - my wave clear aint the fastest.

I play ladder this season just to get sundercharms. Because they are dropping like candy they are super cheap, I think that best is if you just run for hellforge - high chance to get
Pul
+ and for this price you can buy 7x% sunder charm. It can be fastest and less stresfull than building up character which can farm TZ effectively

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
They can drop off of any champion/unique/boss/.. in a
Terror
zone and at least seem to be unaffected by magic find, despite being unique. The latter part isn't confirmed since we never got the full details of the adjusted drop mechanics but prior implementation and observations support the claim.
My MF is 80, earlier today when I was farming TZ for hour, I found 3 Grand Charms. Two of them were sundercharms. Totall I found 4 Unique items (including those 2 sunder charms). So if sunder charms were based on MF, then my main non ladder MF character would be dropping unique items from almost every monster.

My run confirms theory that its not about MF. But it can also be some wierd luck

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
Icy Cellar
earlier today when
Tal Rasha
Terror

I play ladder this season just to get sundercharms. Because they are dropping like candy they are super cheap, I think that best is if you just run for hellforge - high chance to get
Pul
+ and for this price you can buy 7x% sunder charm. It can be fastest and less stresfull than building up character which can farm TZ effectively
I have no difficulty in clearing a Terrorized area, but I've also been skipping on the ones I consider boring such as the Act 1 zones. I have however ran
Nihlathak's Temple
and all of the act 5 Zones,
Chaos Sanctuary
, and
Tal Rasha
's a few times without getting a single drop. So I just assumed they weren't that common without considering that my luck was just that bad. :D

The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
Icy Cellar
earlier today when
Tal Rasha
Terror

Pul
I have no difficulty in clearing a Terrorized area, but I've also been skipping on the ones I consider boring such as the Act 1 zones. I have however ran
Nihlathak's Temple
and all of the act 5 Zones,
Chaos Sanctuary
, and
Tal Rasha
's a few times without getting a single drop. So I just assumed they weren't that common without considering that my luck was just that bad. :D
they are common so much that everyone will have them. Resists can be a bit problem. But that can be fixed with charms or with easy RW like Smoke

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Another reason I might not have found Sunders earlier is that I only joined in ladder less than 3 weeks ago.

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
It appears they are pretty common. I just found two more, a fire and cold Sunder. At this pace I'll be handing them out in free stuff games.

I think my MF is bugged. Been running TZ and I've only found ONE so far since ladder szn2 inception. And here are people getting a couple every hour?!

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Skaijuice wrote: 1 year ago
I think my MF is bugged. Been running TZ and I've only found ONE so far since ladder szn2 inception. And here are people getting a couple every hour?!
MF has nothing to do with sunder charms. That's why the original
Find Item
bug occured: sunder charm drops are regulated by flat nodrop, not the regular mechanic for dropping
Gheed
's. Since
Find Item
bypasses nodrop on a successful roll, sunder charms dropped every time. Your poor sunder charm drops are just a string of unlucky rolls. It'll even out eventually. Schnorki is wrong about getting a handful per hour though. It's probably closer to one for semi-efficient farming and two or three for proper fast farming, with obvious potential for up to like seven or eight on a super lucky hour.
It appears they are pretty common. I just found two more, a fire and cold Sunder. At this pace I'll be handing them out in free stuff games.
They're very common but how many perfect ones have you dropped so far? 'Cause that's the central idea of their drop rate. I've gotten close to two hundred sunder charms, and I've only gotten one -70%
Flame Rift
It's a cool incentive to keep grinding.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
They're very common but how many perfect ones have you dropped so far? 'Cause that's the central idea of their drop rate. I've gotten close to two hundred sunder charms, and I've only gotten one -70%
Flame Rift
It's a cool incentive to keep grinding.
With what I'd estimate is easily 100+ sunders by now...not a single one! :D
Luckily, enough other folks are far more successful at finding perfect rolls so I could at least buy the ones I wanted.

Though I believe the point of the relatively high drop rate isn't "perfect for everyone!" but "sunder for everyone, fast!", seeing how the whole argument behind them was to make
Terror
zones accessible to non-hammerdins, effectively making them an essential, core balancing aspect and something that should (when following that logic) be quickly and readily available to everyone.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Though I believe the point of the relatively high drop rate isn't "perfect for everyone!" but "sunder for everyone, fast!"
:insert whynotboth.jpg:
😉

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Fair enough :)

Though they did actively make "perfect" less likely.
After all, the original sunder charms didn't even have a range but were simply always perfect.
so far, got something like 15. 1 was lightning, the rest cold and fire. lowest -res 78.

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.
I found two almost immediately and then not a single one since, I ran two hours straight of terrorized Pit followed by Chaos, nothing.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation