Sur
, wth? Its duped?
there are unconfirmed rumors of duped high runes

All Prices Negotiable :-)

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Also, having one
Sur
is pretty much useless at this point in ladder.
If later on, people want to make Enigma or Infinity, the price will go up...
But for now, people want
Lo
Ohm
and
Vex
way more.
What rumors of duped runes? I thought duping was gone since D2R?

The days of having to instantly socket your HR into your bases to make sure it wouldn't disappear because it was duped were the blackest of days...

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6
EMzx25 wrote: 1 year ago
What rumors of duped runes? I thought duping was gone since D2R?

The days of having to instantly socket your HR into your bases to make sure it wouldn't disappear because it was duped were the blackest of days...
mrllama already confirmed that there was a working duping method at the moment. he said he reported it to blizzard but who knows when the lazy guys there will act against it..
It was good while it lasted...

Lem
Ral

seras 35

Europe PC
To be honest with the extreme amount of bots in d2r the dupes don't even make a difference anymore.
Since vicarious visions got integrated into blizzard no one there seems to care anymore. Maintenance mode is active.
Another good example is the poor ladder announcement.

Usually not online / checking d2io between 11pm - 7am CET. ( 4pm - 0am CST )
i hope they patch this dupping method, and try harder on ban bots, but...this guys have a long history of bots inside d2

seras wrote: 1 year ago
To be honest with the extreme amount of bots in d2r the dupes don't even make a difference anymore.
Since vicarious visions got integrated into blizzard no one there seems to care anymore. Maintenance mode is active.

At least when you trade for something sourced from a botter, it doesn't disappear on you. Duping is much worse.

Lem
Ral

seras 35

Europe PC
EMzx25 wrote: 1 year ago
seras wrote: 1 year ago

At least when you trade for something sourced from a botter, it doesn't disappear on you. Duping is much worse.
That usually only happened when dupers got greedy and sold directly duped items without new item id & when there is an actual exploit or a weakness in server - client communication.
I think many people underestimate how business-like 'real' botters/programmers operate & how much profit they make a day.

It could be duping, but I haven't seen anyone complaining about their high runes poofing yet. I held one of those Surs for about a day and it luckily didn't poof during that time. Additionally, I had heard that runes were never actually themselves assigned unique IDs but I have heard conflicting reports on that.

If there's duping then yes, it would drop the price of high runes strictly from a supply and demand perspective, as long as those runes were NOT actually poofing. However, there's two other factors to consider:

1) Fear of duping: Just the fear of high runes maybe poofing is going to suppress high rune values and raise mid-rune values. Myself, I'd much rather be paid in
Ist
runes than
Sur
or
Ber
right now!

2) Lowered high rune demand: Sorceress is even moreso the most popular class in the game now, due to Sunder charm's interaction with
Cold Mastery
and the senseless, last-second nerf to
Conviction
Aura (i.e., Infinity), which nerfed every other well-geared elemental build. So, the (presently) most powerful/popular build (Cold) of the by-far most popular class (Sorceress) doesn't really need high runes anymore, when previously, the best sorc builds needed 2
Ber
. Furthermore, there are probably fewer people even gearing characters who do need
Jah
and
Ber
right now as compared to past ladders at this point, because many of the players who might otherwise be playing a paladin or a zon are probably playing a cold sorceress.
It seems like no one want's
Sur
runes currently. It's actually quite hard to trade one.
They seem also be quite low in value (saw
Lo
+
Vex
)

For the fact that they are half a
Ber
- curious.

So maybe that's also adding into the number of games people trying to sell a
Sur
or break it into differen other runes.
To be honest, the only reason why
Sur
and
Ber
Runes are so cheap right now, is because there are so many botters around d2r.

And also the dropchance is maybe higher? I already found 3
Sur
runes this ladder in
Terror
Zones.
The introduction of the Sunder Charms and the subsequent
Conviction
"nerf" made Infinity much less relevant, which is certainly why way less people are needing
Sur
(and by extension
Ber
) runes right now :)
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
The introduction of the Sunder Charms and the subsequent
Conviction
"nerf" made Infinity much less relevant, which is certainly why way less people are needing
Sur
(and by extension
Ber
) runes right now :)
full ack

seras 35

Europe PC
Seismoforg wrote: 1 year ago
To be honest, the only reason why
Sur
and
Ber
Runes are so cheap right now, is because there are so many botters around d2r.

And also the dropchance is maybe higher? I already found 3
Sur
runes this ladder in
Terror
Zones.
That's just rng, i didn't find any HR this ladder and i'm playing more than last one where i found
Ohm
Sur
&
Lo
at this point.
My sorcs are HR drop immune it seems. :D

But yeah,
Terror
zones are probably super nice for botters with hundreds of virtual machines.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Botters don't find
Sur
runes, botters find everything. So if they were to blame, it wouldn't make that much of a difference because the extra
Sur
would balance out with the extra everything else, much like it always has.

Duping...makes no sense. IF someone (in this case a ton of people because there's countless folks offering them) had a method of duping their
Sur
, it would make zero sense to sell that
Sur
rather than make 2 of them, dupe the gem alongside them and make a
Ber
. Because
Ber
you can at least sell. Noone wants a bloody
Sur
right now. Also, you'd have a ton of reports of
Sur
going poof by now. Plus if that many people did know of a working dupe, there's no way it wouldn't long be public domain. There's a limit to how many people can keep a secret.

I dare say tatarjj nailed it. The amount of sorceresses right now and cold sorc specifically is absolutely insane. Everyone and their mom jumped on the "OMG SUNDER = BLIZZ RULES ALL!!!###!#)!($)#!$!!" bandwagon, resuling in
Tal
-Rasha gear for example still being 2-3 times the price it would normally be at this point and all of the "cold sorc don't need this!" stuff, such as a
Sur
rune, being just ridiculously cheap and hard to trade. Hell, I've seen multiple
Sur
go for LESS than a
Lo
each by now which is just silly. It'll even itself out once all of those sorcs get geared and to the point where cold just isn't the best spec anymore, despite sunders (and despite everyone desperately pushing the narrative that it is) because at that point, they'll go back to wanting Infinity and/or they'll move on to other classes again anyways because the hard
Cap
on kill speed for blizz sorcs just holds them back too much.

Until then...enjoy stocking up on stupidly cheap
Sur
runes I guess.

Though admittedly, I, too got suspicious when I sold my last ladder anni a few days ago and got like 20+ back to back
Sur
offers within minutes and nothing else. Then I looked at pricing of everything else and mid-range cold sorc gear in particular..and it all made sense.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Though admittedly, I, too got suspicious when I sold my last ladder anni a few days ago and got like 20+ back to back
Sur
offers within minutes and nothing else. Then I looked at pricing of everything else and mid-range cold sorc gear in particular..and it all made sense.
What the heck, you were offered a
Sur
for an unid Ladder Anni? :D

They tend to sell for a
Gul
, lol.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
Sur
What the heck, you were offered a
Sur
for an unid Ladder Anni? :D

They tend to sell for a
Gul
, lol.
Who said anything about unid? ;)

Though even if..you can easily get more than
Gul
for an unid.
Who said anything about unid? ;)
Though even if..you can easily get more than
Gul
for an unid.
Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't have assumed, but since you didn't mention anything to imply its stats, I thought you're referring to an unidentified one :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...