Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   2938 views

Description

Have you ever had that one item..that you've seen drop 2934820948204893234924 times before because it really isn't that rare?
That one item..that you can't trade for because noone cares about it and noone ever picks it up, let alone lists it as a trade?
That one item..that you suddenly actually need because its a new ladder season and now that you actually need one again, you simply can't bloody freakin' find one?!

Seriously, if anyone happens across a 5-socket
War Spike
, or even a White one that I can cube-gamble on, please do be so kind as to let me know! Happy to tip you for the assist on a 5s (or a successful cube).

I'm well over 20 cubes in, gotten everything from 1-6 multiple times except of course the 5 I need. And the only 5 sock I could find...was ethereal. -_-
It really is starting to drive me nuts.

(And it is such a normally pointless item that my WTB topic isn't even being viewed because noone in their right mind searches for a
War Spike
for anything, lol)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Have you ever had that one item..that you've seen drop 2934820948204893234924 times before because it really isn't that rare?
That one item..that you can't trade for because noone cares about it and noone ever picks it up, let alone lists it as a trade?
That one item..that you suddenly actually need because its a new ladder season and now that you actually need one again, you simply can't bloody freakin' find one?!

Seriously, if anyone happens across a 5-socket
War Spike
, or even a White one that I can cube-gamble on, please do be so kind as to let me know! Happy to tip you for the assist on a 5s (or a successful cube).

I'm well over 20 cubes in, gotten everything from 1-6 multiple times except of course the 5 I need. And the only 5 sock I could find...was ethereal. -_-
It really is starting to drive me nuts.

(And it is such a normally pointless item that my WTB topic isn't even being viewed because noone in their right mind searches for a
War Spike
for anything, lol)
Answeredby Queegon1 year agoGo to post
Been picking them up when I saw that post of yours earlier, no dice so far. Will keep you posted. :)
Been picking them up when I saw that post of yours earlier, no dice so far. Will keep you posted. :)
This post was marked as the best answer.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
<3

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel

mhlg 855

Americas PC
Same here. Then in latter I came across a 4os
Flail
, a HOTO base. Not that rare or that hard to find except when you don't have one. :D

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Will add it to my list of stuff to keep an eye out for!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
oh man, i found a 5socket pick, so close
Gor one for you!

Add me and it's yours

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Which Runeword will you do with that base? :
Confuse
:
will check

CtA
OP

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Correct, using it for CtA. (All my CtAs are in war spikes)

Big thanks for keeping an eye out to RMac! Still looking though as I sadly do need it to be non-superior. :(

(Cubed like 10 more coming out of the
Terror
cows last night..once again not a single 5 -_-)
OP

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Finally!!!
A huge thank you to Queegon for hooking me up with the lucky
War Spike
that finally cubed to 5! <3
And thanks to everyone who started keeping an eye out for spikes!
Noice :D And not a half bad roll either.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
May I ask why? Do you use it as a main weapon (instead of for the buff only), or just for style?
OP

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
May I ask why? Do you use it as a main weapon (instead of for the buff only), or just for style?
I don't use anything that isn't elite, out of Principle really. On any build.
For armor, it has an actual purpose in that you maximize your def.
For a CtA which I don't use to attack, it doesn't really matter functionally but if everything else is elite, I won't stop there. :)

War spikes have some general advantages as a weapon if you ever do want to use it but more importantly, it is one of the very few bases that every single build (of mine) can use as is. They all have the str, usually from Enigma or because they need it for Spirit anyways and the dex req is so low that anyone can use it with just an anni and a torch. Plus I do like the visual of it.
I don't use anything that isn't elite, out of Principle really. On any build.
For armor, it has an actual purpose in that you maximize your def.
For a CtA which I don't use to attack, it doesn't really matter functionally but if everything else is elite, I won't stop there. :)
That's what I was asking about. I have yet to see a build using CtA as an actual weapon (after all, it has 40% IAS and 240% ED), and that elite base gave me some hope. :D

You gave me an idea... What if every elite item had some kind of a built-in bonus, to encourage using them instead of exceptionals and normals (and exceptionals over normals)? Something like "Spirit made in CS provides only 25% FCR, in DB +1 skill and up to 30% FCR, and finally in PB +2 skills and up to 35% FCR"? In the same manner, magic and rare affixes' pool could be limited based on item tier.
OP

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
They already have a built in bonus in the form of increased dmg or def. At the cost of higher requirements.

Adding a bonus beyond that, especially to that extent, would merely mean that normal and excep bases become entirely pointless. So..less variety which imo is rarely a good thing.
They already have a built in bonus in the form of increased dmg or def. At the cost of higher requirements.

Adding a bonus beyond that, especially to that extent, would merely mean that normal and excep bases become entirely pointless. So..less variety which imo is rarely a good thing.
I deliberately used Spirit as en example, since weapon dmg is a useless stat for casters, for whom this RW is intended. So it is always created in a normal
Crystal Sword
. No variety at all.
Anyway, I think bonuses could be similar to Spirit in
Monarch
vs other caster shields. You either have BiS shield, but need to pump strength (I know, ruined by Enigma...) or settle for a worse one, but with lower requirements.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...