Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   1228 views

Description

So you’ve completed your holy grail eh? Even made crazy rune words like Last Wish too? Do you jump between
Baal
waves and the moo moo farm all on players 8 with ease?

I have a challenge for you ... and surprisingly it’ll be harder for you than someone who just picked up the game doesn’t have an
Ist
to their name

The concept is simple: choose a character, any you’d like, even a sorc, And play through the game - the trick is you can’t use your map. You can even trade and get gear from your other chars/shared stash, but you still can’t use your map.

I hear you saying “lol, i’ll Just use a sorc or telecharge my way through in a couple hours” - to that I say haha, you haven’t teleported without your map before have you - good luck!

If you want extra points don’t use any town portals too!

Muwawawa!

Seriously though, I do recommend this challenge to almost everyone, it’s surprisingly fun and even addicting.

even if you only get to the jail on normal and your like “f#%+ this, it’s stupid” a few days later you’re going to Want to try it again.

If you try this challenge I suggest taking it really slow at the start just to see how often you use your map, and try to break the habit. It’ll probably be instinctual for you to pop your map open every 30 secs or so (if it’s not always open), you really need to make a mental effort when starting out to focus on not using it.

Once you get to hell things get really crazy, the maps get bigger each difficulty, and I’m sure you know there are areas where you can’t just follow the left wall until the next area. Playing the game without a map really forces you to pay attention.

Im sure there’s an argument to be made that it’ll make you smarter or a better overall player (may be true), but really it’s just something fun to try - this is a game after all.

I was surprised how this play style took me back to version 1.0, 20 + years ago where teenage me didn’t know the map was a thing and he full cleared an area before moving onto the next one to be sure nothing was missed - that’s what it felt like!

Enjoy - let me know how it goes!

Full disclosure in my play through I nearly gave up in the durance of hate, I was really frustrated after the sewers and I almost said f- this, imma use the map, no-ones gunna know. but gave myself a day and glad I did. It felt quite good once I was done.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 528

Switch
So you’ve completed your holy grail eh? Even made crazy rune words like Last Wish too? Do you jump between
Baal
waves and the moo moo farm all on players 8 with ease?

I have a challenge for you ... and surprisingly it’ll be harder for you than someone who just picked up the game doesn’t have an
Ist
to their name

The concept is simple: choose a character, any you’d like, even a sorc, And play through the game - the trick is you can’t use your map. You can even trade and get gear from your other chars/shared stash, but you still can’t use your map.

I hear you saying “lol, i’ll Just use a sorc or telecharge my way through in a couple hours” - to that I say haha, you haven’t teleported without your map before have you - good luck!

If you want extra points don’t use any town portals too!

Muwawawa!

Seriously though, I do recommend this challenge to almost everyone, it’s surprisingly fun and even addicting.

even if you only get to the jail on normal and your like “f#%+ this, it’s stupid” a few days later you’re going to Want to try it again.

If you try this challenge I suggest taking it really slow at the start just to see how often you use your map, and try to break the habit. It’ll probably be instinctual for you to pop your map open every 30 secs or so (if it’s not always open), you really need to make a mental effort when starting out to focus on not using it.

Once you get to hell things get really crazy, the maps get bigger each difficulty, and I’m sure you know there are areas where you can’t just follow the left wall until the next area. Playing the game without a map really forces you to pay attention.

Im sure there’s an argument to be made that it’ll make you smarter or a better overall player (may be true), but really it’s just something fun to try - this is a game after all.

I was surprised how this play style took me back to version 1.0, 20 + years ago where teenage me didn’t know the map was a thing and he full cleared an area before moving onto the next one to be sure nothing was missed - that’s what it felt like!

Enjoy - let me know how it goes!

Full disclosure in my play through I nearly gave up in the durance of hate, I was really frustrated after the sewers and I almost said f- this, imma use the map, no-ones gunna know. but gave myself a day and glad I did. It felt quite good once I was done.

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
yes, i do that to increase fun from time to time. it starts to remind diablo1 gameplay, when monsters starts to emerge from darkness suddenly.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
If you're a true sadomasochist, you'll do this challenge in Durance of Hate =)
Add Hardcore mode for extra intensity. :)

I may actually try this one day.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
This "feature" should have been enabled for HC mode. This conversation was brought up before decades ago i recalled in the good ol Diabloii.net forum days..

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...