Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   1012 views

Are you seeing increased disconnects?

Poll ended at 1 year ago

Yes - Reliably being disconnected when inactive in a game (29%)
Yes - Rarely (25%)
No - Same as in the past (43%)
No idea - Not staying in a game while inactive (4%)
Total votes: 28
Total votes: 28

Description

As of late, I've been seeing more and more 'random' disconnects when going afk in a game, independent of the region I am on. Apart from that however, my general internet connection seems to be perfectly stable and the same it has always been which has me thinking it is likely something on Blizzard's end. Servers going to crap, broken patches, capacity being reduced, an actual afk-timer having been added, server load increasing as folks return closer to S2, ... who knows. Curious to see if others are experiencing the same thing.

The server load/capacity reduction seems to be supported as a possibility as I'm now also seeing queues again every so often which (excluding Asia) hasn't been the case in quite some time.

With regards to the afk timer possibility, I haven't been around enough to get a real idea of whether this is random timing or reliably after x minutes/hours but if anyone else is seeing repeated disconnects and managed to get some timing data, do please feel free to share.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3241Moderator

PC
As of late, I've been seeing more and more 'random' disconnects when going afk in a game, independent of the region I am on. Apart from that however, my general internet connection seems to be perfectly stable and the same it has always been which has me thinking it is likely something on Blizzard's end. Servers going to crap, broken patches, capacity being reduced, an actual afk-timer having been added, server load increasing as folks return closer to S2, ... who knows. Curious to see if others are experiencing the same thing.

The server load/capacity reduction seems to be supported as a possibility as I'm now also seeing queues again every so often which (excluding Asia) hasn't been the case in quite some time.

With regards to the afk timer possibility, I haven't been around enough to get a real idea of whether this is random timing or reliably after x minutes/hours but if anyone else is seeing repeated disconnects and managed to get some timing data, do please feel free to share.
Yes, it has been more unstable for me over the last couple of days for sure.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
about the same.

Asia is usually the most unstable for me. yesterday morning I was still in game about 6hrs afk just in case FBI or the other Asian streaming decided to do a DClone walk. and i was semi-AFK for an addition 3hrs after that.

Houston, TX Central Time. join D2R Dclone Hunters Discord https://discord.com/invite/5DgUvcAYbR
There are times and times.

Yesterday i guess it was because of the OW2 launch

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"

Necrarch 1698Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
New stuff here : BNet client says "busy day, 6 minutes approx wait" !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Schnorki 3241Moderator

PC
Alright, I'll go ahead and claim servers are just crap (again), no new afk timer..

Given, Asia has never been the most stable cross-pond but 3 disconnects in 5 minutes? Ugh...

Necrarch 1698Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Weird stuff : I try to use in-game chat and... nothing appears in the discussion window. Anyone noticed that ? I guess update time is coming.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

Necrarch 1698Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Even more weird, a guy shows on my game - and chat still does not work so... well... can't talk. He starts putting stuff on floor, can't even say thanks or not interested... and then leaves.

The guy just dropped :

a
Dracul's Grasp

a
The Gladiator's Bane

a
Guardian Angel

a
Shaftstop

a
Blackoak Shield

a
Sandstorm Trek

Well, that's weird just after a scam attempt (see other topic).
Anyway, I have no use of these, so anyone reading this, if you want any of these 6 pieces, I'll do them for free, just add me for that, especially if you're a poorer player.

Annihilus
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Even more weird, a guy shows on my game - and chat still does not work so... well... can't talk. He starts putting stuff on floor, can't even say thanks or not interested... and then leaves.

The guy just dropped :

a
Dracul's Grasp

a
The Gladiator's Bane

a
Guardian Angel

a
Shaftstop

a
Blackoak Shield

a
Sandstorm Trek

Well, that's weird just after a scam attempt (see other topic).
Anyway, I have no use of these, so anyone reading this, if you want any of these 6 pieces, I'll do them for free, just add me for that, especially if you're a poorer player.
Hi friend, thanks for letting me know, I appreciate gladly. If you want I am available to accept these items. Thank you so much

I can help for Normal and NM rush With or Without side quests for rune.
I can help for Dclone and the
Pandemonium Event
for rune.
GG and GL!
OP

Schnorki 3241Moderator

PC
Weird stuff : I try to use in-game chat and... nothing appears in the discussion window. Anyone noticed that ? I guess update time is coming.
Had that earlier today as well. Works again by now though.

Necrarch 1698Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
My first ever give away is ended ;)
At least that was useful to someone.

Thanks Schnorki, a good ol' restart fixed stuff

Annihilus
That happens all the time. Quit and restart the game has worked for me in the past, but I can't say for sure whether that's a remedy or coincidence.

In-game chat has always been a buggy mess and that's why I was so vocal about bug fixes over new features after the first PTR news in August.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

moot11 119

Americas PC
well right now at the start of ladder (1 hour before)... I crashed out at 10am and havent been able to rejoin...
It's down right now, can't connect to server. Is there a dedicated forum post to D2 server status that I might be missing?
I spoke too soon....back up :)
OP

Schnorki 3241Moderator

PC
Getting worse progressively.

Not even getting decent performance before the disconnects anymore.
Teleport
lag at 200FCR, sure...but at 0 FCR?! Ugh..that's new..and bad..
Wasn't AFK, but I just had a nasty disconnect + Death on my level 96 (multiboxing and could see the health being slowly chipped away from the other windows before I could get to him in time). And he was SO close to 97.. Been working all weekend to get that last bar and couldn't even get to my body since I DC'ed.

And now to add insult to injury, it says I have to wait almost an hour to log back in. Hopefully can get my gear back.. Over 10 months of work into that char. Never died like this before! Really frustrating.

UPDATE: Blizzard just changed the message to show that they're being DDoSed. GREAT!! Is this how they dupe SoJs??

"We are currently experiencing a DDoS attack, which may result in high latency and disconnections for some players. We are actively working to mitigate this issue."

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...