Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
97 replies   8867 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know but we're talking a matter of weeks :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I think Mist in a A1 merc is nice, with the
Concentration
aura provided. It misses one thing though, i.e. life leech for survivability. Probably good to pair it with a VGaze or a Andy face + Treachery, but prevents the use of Delirium sadly.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I like the idea of the manic pixie dreamgirl, indeed, but I don't have the runes for Ice or BotD anyway and it sounds like Delirium doesn't make sense without these options. More a question of whether it's better to hold on to the
Cham
or make a Mist. Might see if NL
Cham
prices change when the season ends but I'm leaning towards giving it a go.

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Delirium with Edge in
Great Bow
+ Treachery works actually really well for a budget merc option. Now looking for a
Zod
to go to BotD for more damage, but as for crowd control she makes such a mess in the enemies, it is really fun to see even with this non optimal setup.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
I like the idea of the manic pixie dreamgirl, indeed, but I don't have the runes for Ice or BotD anyway and it sounds like Delirium doesn't make sense without these options. More a question of whether it's better to hold on to the
Cham
or make a Mist. Might see if NL
Cham
prices change when the season ends but I'm leaning towards giving it a go.
I'm currently running a "budget" version of the MPD using a Harmony bow on the rogue, plus as much IAS gear that she can lug so she can spam those
Arrows
, and the
Vigor
aura is super helpful for my WW Barb, who flies all over the screen using the extra speed. I might actually prefer this over the traditional might aura A2 or
Holy Freeze
merc.
Well, I currently have the runes to try both options since they don't overlap at all. If I do try Mist once the season ends then I'll report back with how it fares vs the MPD.

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
My bet : Mist will damage more, while MPD messes enemies and does crowd control better. Matter of preference. :)

Annihilus
Sorry for the slight necro but now that Ladder S1 has ended, I have a
Windforce
on my strafezon (with a
Shael
in it) and a Fortitude ready to replace Treachery. Can someone just confirm that I'm reading this IAS table correctly?

https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calculator/

With
Windforce
+
Shael
and LoH, I have 60 IAS. The top three breakpoints are 80, 120, 157. 157 Seems out of the question, but I only need 20 more IAS to hit 80 and 60 to hit 120, is that right? I could get to 120 with Highlord's or Cat's Eye + 3x IAS jewels in a 3os
Diadem
but I only have one Highlord's and I quite like
Atma
's on the bowazon, so I thought I would just aim for 80 by putting 2 IAS jewels + an ED jewel in the
Diadem
(I obviously don't have any 15/40s, kr indeed any jewels with both IAS and ED). Thoughts?

I don't have Mavina's but I do have
Giant Skull

mhlg 857

Americas PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
My bet : Mist will damage more, while MPD messes enemies and does crowd control better. Matter of preference. :)
I've been sitting on a 5 OS MB and 5 OS GM bow with all the necessary runes to make a Mist since the 1st PTR, and my patience is wearing thin. I managed to find a +1 GM bow to make a Mist only two days before PTR ended. Before that I found a lower level, I think,
Ceremonial Bow
, made a Mist, and cleared Nihlathaks Temple with in Hell level. So a Mist bow in my view is going to become quite popular. With the +3 to all skills, along with plus 3 to bow skills, a Freeze/
Strafe
Zon sounds like a good possibility.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Ravoc 123

PC
I would consider Mist especially potent on an Act I rogue, given the full
Pierce
and aura you also benefit from. Combined with Delirium and Treachery, it'd be pretty boss.
Aye, disappointed that those runewords didn't make it to NL, now my
Cham
and 5os +3 GMB are just taking up space.

Ravoc 123

PC
yeah, was going to run a
Fire Arrow
rogue with my Enchantress, to further up the exploding
Arrows
with
Enchant
. Alas, Blizzard tricked us... :(
Windforce
on my strafezon (with a
Shael
in it) and a Fortitude ready to replace Treachery. Can someone just confirm that I'm reading this IAS table correctly?

With
Windforce
+
Shael
and LoH, I have 60 IAS. The top three breakpoints are 80, 120, 157. 157 Seems out of the question, but I only need 20 more IAS to hit 80 and 60 to hit 120, is that right? I could get to 120 with Highlord's or Cat's Eye + 3x IAS jewels in a 3os
Diadem
Atma
's on the bowazon, so I thought I would just aim for 80 by putting 2 IAS jewels + an ED jewel in the
Diadem
(I obviously don't have any 15/40s, kr indeed any jewels with both IAS and ED). Thoughts?

Giant Skull
This is what I was getting, 56, 89 and 147 for attack speeds to reach break points.
I've never used his before, I've always used this one. https://d2.lc/IAS/ which also shows the same.

My personal experience says go to the highest breakpoint you can possibly reach and the class is so much better. I gave up on
Atma
's for physical immunes very quickly switching to highlords as my amulet. For physical immunes I just use the one point into
Magic Arrow
and that does enough damage.

Also just as an aside, I got 3 of those 15/40 jewels (not actually 40s, F that lol, mine were mid 30s), and the damage that I gained from the +101% ED was about 300 to max, not worth their cost IMO. If you don't need +45 ias from the
Helm
I would just put 1 or 2 15 IAS jewels into another
Helm
that has some benefits. If only GFace had 2 sockets

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

mhlg 857

Americas PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
Windforce
on my strafezon (with a
Shael

With
Windforce
+
Shael
Diadem
Atma
Diadem

Giant Skull
This is what I was getting, 56, 89 and 147 for attack speeds to reach break points.

image.png

I've never used his before, I've always used this one. https://d2.lc/IAS/ which also shows the same.

My personal experience says go to the highest breakpoint you can possibly reach and the class is so much better. I gave up on
Atma
's for physical immunes very quickly switching to highlords as my amulet. For physical immunes I just use the one point into
Magic Arrow
and that does enough damage.

Also just as an aside, I got 3 of those 15/40 jewels (not actually 40s, F that lol, mine were mid 30s), and the damage that I gained from the +101% ED was about 300 to max, not worth their cost IMO. If you don't need +45 ias from the
Helm
I would just put 1 or 2 15 IAS jewels into another
Helm
that has some benefits. If only GFace had 2 sockets
You need to set the skill to
Strafe

mhlg 857

Americas PC
I also use the old calculator because it also factors in IAS from your armor and
Belt

https://d2.lc/IAS/?char=0&charform=0&wa ... per+second

I missed we were talking about
Strafe
, such a poor skill its never used.... lol jks

mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
I've been sitting on a 5 OS MB and 5 OS GM bow with all the necessary runes to make a Mist since the 1st PTR, and my patience is wearing thin. I managed to find a +1 GM bow to make a Mist only two days before PTR ended. Before that I found a lower level, I think,
Ceremonial Bow
, made a Mist, and cleared Nihlathaks Temple with in Hell level. So a Mist bow in my view is going to become quite popular. With the +3 to all skills, along with plus 3 to bow skills, a Freeze/
Strafe
As a Bowazon fan Mist was my only target this ladder. I just rcently started trading a bit here, but am still pretty much SSF - i used
Strafe
for the first time this ladder, and had the hardest time finishing hell. Managed to get Mist on the very last day, after i beat Hell ofcourse, and i gotta say, it was basically a double up in power, from my Buriza/
Endlesshail
combo!

A very fun and powerful Bow, which can no doubtoutperform
Windforce
on many a build :)

mhlg 857

Americas PC
dirkemans wrote: 1 year ago
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Ceremonial Bow
Strafe
As a Bowazon fan Mist was my only target this ladder. I just rcently started trading a bit here, but am still pretty much SSF - i used
Strafe
for the first time this ladder, and had the hardest time finishing hell. Managed to get Mist on the very last day, after i beat Hell ofcourse, and i gotta say, it was basically a double up in power, from my Buriza/
Endlesshail
combo!

A very fun and powerful Bow, which can no doubtoutperform
Windforce
on many a build :)
Strafe
has the best leech and ergo survival rate of all Zon skills. I can solo a Hell run of all 5 acts,
Andariel
through
Baal
without using a single potion.

I have been running an experiment lately with my zon. I have multi and guided which I used exclusively and man, the mana consumption on multi is outrageous. With my 10%ish leech however it wasn't a problem until
Terror
zones had me doing tombs again. No leech from skeletons. I respeced and ran multi/guided/
Strafe
and I can say that I use all 3 depending on the situation.

I would argue that Multi shot has more survivability than
Strafe
simply because I get to leech from up to 24
Arrows
, instead of max being 10 for
Strafe
. However, both are very good and the difference is negligible because you could argue
Strafe
uses less mana so you never get low and you can just keep shooting to get more leech. What I can say 100% personally, i feel safer with multi than
Strafe

Things with no leech - I use
Strafe
and everything dies.
Mass hordes of fleshy things - I use multishot and everything dies a bit faster
Single targets get
Guided Arrow

mhlg 857

Americas PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
I have been running an experiment lately with my zon. I have multi and guided which I used exclusively and man, the mana consumption on multi is outrageous. With my 10%ish leech however it wasn't a problem until
Terror
zones had me doing tombs again. No leech from skeletons. I respeced and ran multi/guided/
Strafe
and I can say that I use all 3 depending on the situation.

I would argue that Multi shot has more survivability than
Strafe
simply because I get to leech from up to 24
Arrows
, instead of max being 10 for
Strafe
. However, both are very good and the difference is negligible because you could argue
Strafe
uses less mana so you never get low and you can just keep shooting to get more leech. What I can say 100% personally, i feel safer with multi than
Strafe

Things with no leech - I use
Strafe
and everything dies.
Mass hordes of fleshy things - I use multishot and everything dies a bit faster
Single targets get
Guided Arrow
Perhaps it depends on your bow and stuff? I have a perfect Faith GM bow and a
Windforce
. My
Windforce
has a higher Dps in my stats but Faith beats it in reality. In my experience there are no other Zon skills that can match the survivability of
Strafe
because leech keeps both health and mana topped. Multi and Guided are both
Strafe
synergies so you will max them out as well. I can choose any of them but multishot is a mana hog and not that good at leech. I find leech requires both speed and damage. I also have an Andy's socketed with 15 IAS 36 ED jewel, Nostferatu coil
Belt
, and
Laying of Hands
mitts.

This is the best I could do in the first PTR, but it was enough to make want one.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...