Blizz being blizz!
BTW love the
Terror
Zones ideal.
image.png
lmao is that a new runeword with special skin? xD i'm dying

Bisu 369

PC
My guess is that the image was referring to Fortitude.
I hope we can use our own characters in the
Terror
zones, not just Blizzard generated characters.
Furthermore, I have no interest in running through the PTR and/or
Terror
zones if the characters I created are locked out.

ShadowHeart 1744Moderator

Europe PC
Of course you'll be able to use your own characters, after the PTR (when the patch is live). The characters you see on PTR are just there so you can quickly start trying out the
Terror
zones at various levels with various builds. They are "demo" characters so you don't have to create new characters all the way from level 1. The PTR is separate from the normal realm(s).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
So...a
Terror
'd normal mob (hell A5) gives around 500xp at lvl 98. That's a bit under 600k kills needed to get from 98 to 99.

That's opposed to something like just shy of 12k
Baal
kills (
Baal
alone that is, each of the W4/5 adds gives about half of a
Terror
mob atm) or 50 normal mobs to make up for one
Baal
in terms of xp.

That's..actually not bad. And on P1.

Champions and their minions seemed to yield 2-3 times as much.

What's just as interesting though...if even normal mobs can push up to lvl 96, that's gonna make 45 life grand charms and such a LOT more common as every mob in a hell
Terror
zone would be able to drop them.
Sadly, the 99 limit means we still won't see any 50 life charms as they'll
Cap
out at matching
Baal

Terrorized cows..that'll be glorious for xp farming actually. Question being how often you need to remake your games to randomly get the right zone terrorized.
(Or if you have to wait that noted 1 hr which would make the whole thing more or less pointless)

Bisu 369

PC
I saw reports that +50 life skillers were found on PTR, with level 97 requirement to equip.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
I saw reports that +50 life skillers were found on PTR, with level 97 requirement to equip.
I'll go ahead and call BS on that until proven otherwise.
+50 takes ilvl 110 which won't happen with lvl 99 mobs.

Given, they may have adjusted the lvl req on it but there's 0 mention of that. Or the
Terror
bonus might be bugged and currently blow past 99 but..mweh, who knows. Either way, I highly doubt it.

louner 197

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
I'll go ahead and call BS on that until proven otherwise.
+50 takes ilvl 110 which won't happen with lvl 99 mobs.

Given, they may have adjusted the lvl req on it but there's 0 mention of that. Or the
Terror
bonus might be bugged and currently blow past 99 but..mweh, who knows. Either way, I highly doubt it.
You get that skiller on a pregenerated character immediately after starting PTR, so it's there out of the box. The question is whether it's just trolling by devs or a feature. :D

Europe PC
Terrorized cows..that'll be glorious for xp farming actually. Question being how often you need to remake your games to randomly get the right zone terrorized.
(Or if you have to wait that noted 1 hr which would make the whole thing more or less pointless)
From the testing I saw done live on stream, the current
Terror
Zone was global and the same for all (even for NA and EU folks). It changed for everyone at the same time, everyone got the same
Terror
Zone when it changed, it didn't change between game creations, the current zone shifted globally at ~xx:00 every hour. No way to tell though if it'll actually be like that when the patch is live, they may tweak it still of course.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
I think they will leave it globally, because you get to run more or less through all zones and not farm one zone over and over again.

if they change it to randomly generated then exactly what schnorki said will happen. people will pop in games until they have their preferred zone.

What's just as interesting though...if even normal mobs can push up to lvl 96, that's gonna make 45 life grand charms and such a LOT more common as every mob in a hell
Terror
Cap
out at matching
Baal
I was pondering that earlier. I didn't read the patch notes extremely carefully, but I don't remember anything about TC alterations? In terrorized zones, the ilvls would change but not necessarily the mob TC, correct?

For ilvl, 45 vitas aren't the only thing. GG poison and lightning small charms would also depreciate.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Europe PC
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
Terror
Cap
out at matching
Baal
I was pondering that earlier. I didn't read the patch notes extremely carefully, but I don't remember anything about TC alterations? In terrorized zones, the ilvls would change but not necessarily the mob TC, correct?

For ilvl, 45 vitas aren't the only thing. GG poison and lightning small charms would also depreciate.
According to the Item Generation Tutorial at the Diablo 2 Wiki, there already is a possibility of TC upgrade in the game for mobs in NM and Hell. I mean, isn't that why champions and uniques in alvl 85 areas can drop from TC87 in the first place? (the normal White mobs in alvl 85 areas should technically drop from TC84 at most since they are mlvl 85, if I understand this correctly).

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Item_Generation_Tutorial
All monsters have treasure classes, written in monstats.txt file. When you kill a monster in normal difficulty the game simply uses its TC to drop items. However in Nightmare and Hell difficulty the given TC may be upgraded. When determining the TC for a monster, the game selects the highest level TC in the group that is equal to or less than the Mlvl. If there is no group for TC of this monster, than it doesn't upgrade TC. Treasure classes that are included in the selected TC aren't upgraded.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
From the testing I saw done live on stream, the current
Terror
Zone was global and the same for all (even for NA and EU folks). It changed for everyone at the same time, everyone got the same
Terror
Zone when it changed, it didn't change between game creations, the current zone shifted globally at ~xx:00 every hour. No way to tell though if it'll actually be like that when the patch is live, they may tweak it still of course.
Aye, that's what it seemed like.
Minus the "globally". PTR only has one region so we don't know anything about that.

If that, too ends up being region specific though..ugh..server hopping every hour to see where the best lvling is. Ugh..

@Teebling: How about a
Terror
zone tracker? ;P
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
Terror
Cap
out at matching
Baal

Higher monster lvl = higher item lvl = higher possible affix lvl.
There's some special TC categories/drop limitations that they won't suddenly pick up but the lvl based stuff would shift up accordingly.

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
@Schnorki happy to build out a new feature if you think people would find it useful - you did a great job with the dclone tracker in that regard!

When they finalise the areas that can spawn as
Terror
zones I'll probably add a pseudo-db entry for that, and a filter for it for the Areas category.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As many players I expected QoL changes like stackable runes and gems.

However, Blizzard 's role is less to content us than making us play their game.

And in that aspect,
Terror
zones are a great idea - and to go above level 90 very good news (if well implemented of course).

A surprise, sure, but overall a good one for me.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I do like the fact that they put new content in a 20+ year old game and that they change very old code for that.
given how fast IT moves you could say the code is from the middle ages and I can imagine that this work is not easy :D

Why no one
Talk about
Metalgrid
? )

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...