Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   687 views

Description

trying to setup a trade in game is so hard with the current system in place that it's hard to justify posting items since most of the time when someone replies if you don't respond in 5-10 minutes they'll move on. you should do what Path of Exile does where you can click a box that copies a string to your clipboard with "/msg (accountname) Hi I would like to buy your (listed item) for (offering item)". Then you just paste it into the game and it sends a quick pm and you can setup a trade that way. or what pd2 and path of diablo have where there's an instant message feature so you can quickly setup a trade in the browser instead of basically making a forum post every time you want to relay any information. though this would be a lot harder especially with the amount of traffic your probably getting now. currently it's going something like this 1.post an item
2.someone replies to the post wanting to buy your item 3.you tell them to add you on bnet or discord to setup a game 4.if they end up following up you create a game 5.trade happens inside the game 6. close the trade on the site and vouch. it's great what you guys are doing for the d2 community and the site looks great but it's getting ruined by gating trades from actually happening.

Can be used to make Runewords:

trying to setup a trade in game is so hard with the current system in place that it's hard to justify posting items since most of the time when someone replies if you don't respond in 5-10 minutes they'll move on. you should do what Path of Exile does where you can click a box that copies a string to your clipboard with "/msg (accountname) Hi I would like to buy your (listed item) for (offering item)". Then you just paste it into the game and it sends a quick pm and you can setup a trade that way. or what pd2 and path of diablo have where there's an instant message feature so you can quickly setup a trade in the browser instead of basically making a forum post every time you want to relay any information. though this would be a lot harder especially with the amount of traffic your probably getting now. currently it's going something like this 1.post an item
2.someone replies to the post wanting to buy your item 3.you tell them to add you on bnet or discord to setup a game 4.if they end up following up you create a game 5.trade happens inside the game 6. close the trade on the site and vouch. it's great what you guys are doing for the d2 community and the site looks great but it's getting ruined by gating trades from actually happening.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
milesj wrote: 2 years ago
If someone links their BNet Tag, put a little Message or Copy-to-Clipboard button to their trades.
It's there already. Click the big blue bnet details button and it copies their bnet tag to the clipboard.
That is not possible because most time you can't whisper someone from game if you don't have them in your friendlist (they probably need to be inside a game)

How to contact me to do trade?

You have 3 options:
1. From the game type /w Morph#21260 Hi
2. Join to group before trading, you will be removed after trade is completed https://blizzard.com/invite/BZyaxpcPPB
3. Send me your battletag in pm
Great suggestion. I am not familiar with PD2 or Path of Diablo but I think a system similar to PoE would already go a long way.

Teebling 5997Admin

Europe PC
Guys,

If I had direct API access like PoE trade does, I'd be able to do lots of fancy things like this, but I don't, because Blizzard haven't made an API for D2R (yet). Until that happens, I can't really make things any simpler than they are already, besides perhaps implementing that clipboard copy message you mentioned.
wizardshade wrote: 2 years ago
1.post an item
2.someone replies to the post wanting to buy your item
3.you tell them to add you on bnet or discord to setup a game
4.if they end up following up you create a game
5.trade happens inside the game
6. close the trade on the site and vouch.
1. This is unavoidable?
2. You can skip this and immediately copy their bnet tag or discord tag and go straight into DMs with the other person, this is optional.
3. Again, completely optional, see point above.
4. How else are you going to trade if you don't create a game? This is a null point.
5. Yeah, so you do the trade in-game, again, nothing I can do to eliminate this step or make it shorter.
6. How else can people earn trust if it is not manually given by the other person? How would you improve this?

Just seems like you're chatting breeze tbh, nothing I can do about your trades not being sold pal.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
1.post an item
2.someone replies to the post wanting to buy your item
3.you tell them to add you on bnet or discord to setup a game
4.if they end up following up you create a game
5.trade happens inside the game
6. close the trade on the site and vouch.
1. This is unavoidable?
2. You can skip this and immediately copy their bnet tag or discord tag and go straight into DMs with the other person, this is optional.
3. Again, completely optional, see point above.
4. How else are you going to trade if you don't create a game? This is a null point.
5. Yeah, so you do the trade in-game, again, nothing I can do to eliminate this step or make it shorter.
6. How else can people earn trust if it is not manually given by the other person? How would you improve this?

Just seems like you're chatting breeze tbh, nothing I can do about your trades not being sold pal.
the majority of people don't have their bnet or discord connected to their account just clicking through the random trades on the front page show that. and obviously you can see better since you have access to the backend. if they're accounts are not connected i don't see how steps 2 and 3 are optional then. yes a lot of the steps are unavoidable, but wouldn't having less steps to complete a trade be good anyways. i only wrote it out like that to illustrate how much you actually had to do just to get a single item traded. i think this sites really good and would like it to be the go to place for all d2 trading, that's the only reason i took the time to write out the feedback.

Teebling 5997Admin

Europe PC
the majority of people don't have their bnet or discord connected to their account just clicking through the random trades on the front page show that
So what else can I do? It's offered upon registration and easily changed by visiting one's account settings. If people aren't bothering to input this information then it's their trades that will suffer. You'll find that most traders with high trust ratings have them.
but wouldn't having less steps to complete a trade be good anyways
Of course it would, but you haven't actually explained to me yet how I can do this so I don't understand the point of this post.
. i only wrote it out like that to illustrate how much you actually had to do just to get a single item traded
And when it becomes possible for that process to be shortened somewhat I'll be able to do something about it, until then I can't.

@Teebling It's going to take time for everyone to realize that - linked accounts. I didn't notice until I was reviewing the market and saw someone elses, then promptly updated mine.
I really think this is not an “either or other” suggestion and I think both ways could co exist.

If someone links their BNet Tag, put a little Message or Copy-to-Clipboard button to their trades. For sellers who are not linking their battle tag (or those I cannot reach as they are offline / not ingame) I can still follow the conventional way of replying to their trade topic.

Once this gets enough attention and enough people use this, I can even see how a filter “Show only Sellers who can be contacted directly via BNet” may be useful to some as I also believe that trades would be much faster and more efficient this way.

Teebling 5997Admin

Europe PC
milesj wrote: 2 years ago
If someone links their BNet Tag, put a little Message or Copy-to-Clipboard button to their trades.
It's there already. Click the big blue bnet details button and it copies their bnet tag to the clipboard.
This post was marked as the best answer.

EnragedN3wb 193Moderator

PC
Seems to me like this is mostly an issue of the website being so new & people not knowing how to really use it yet. Which should mostly be sorted out in time as people figure out how to get the best results for their trades.

If someone has their bnet or discord added to their account here then there is already a button at the top of their trades you can click to copy their name for easy pasting.

I could see maybe the item listed being added to that in a ready to send message format(if possible on the new bnet), but you would still have to add what you're offering yourself as there's no way it could really know that.

Personally I'd rather have people add as a friend for the duration of the trade anyway, as it makes joining their game as easy as clicking on the friend UI.

Edit: I'm too slow. :P

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...