Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1865 views

Regular non autorefreshing trade search?

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Am I missing something really obvious or are there really no way to do a regular search and not just that autorefreshing one? As in type in a search term, that preferably doesn't have to be an exact match, hit enter and get a complete listing in the same format as the filtered list? I'm no web developer but I imagine having that autorefresh search must be much more taxing on the server also? Just get rid of that imo.

Also why does the description text cut of at something like 30 characters and not utilize the full window width? Often cuts of so you don't even see what the person is asking for. Even better would be if you made price a separate field that you have to enter when you post a trade. That then is displayed as a column making it clear what the asking price is. Take a look at how path of diablos trade site looks for example: https://beta.pathofdiablo.com/trade-sea ... rest+Shako

Thank you for your effort, this does seem to be the most promising D2r trade platform for us that don't want to use d2jsp.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Am I missing something really obvious or are there really no way to do a regular search and not just that autorefreshing one? As in type in a search term, that preferably doesn't have to be an exact match, hit enter and get a complete listing in the same format as the filtered list? I'm no web developer but I imagine having that autorefresh search must be much more taxing on the server also? Just get rid of that imo.

Also why does the description text cut of at something like 30 characters and not utilize the full window width? Often cuts of so you don't even see what the person is asking for. Even better would be if you made price a separate field that you have to enter when you post a trade. That then is displayed as a column making it clear what the asking price is. Take a look at how path of diablos trade site looks for example: https://beta.pathofdiablo.com/trade-sea ... rest+Shako

Thank you for your effort, this does seem to be the most promising D2r trade platform for us that don't want to use d2jsp.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Fixed/feature request fulfilled in v1.0 - see patch notes here.

Teebling 6701Admin

Europe PC
Asmo42 wrote: 3 years ago
Just get rid of that imo.
No?

Noted on the rest though - template update will make things more readable. Native keyword search without autocomplete is there just not styled. Patience please, this site is just developed by me.

OP
Well agree to disagree on the autosearch thing I guess, I personally can't see any upside to it compared to a regular search. It just feels slow and unresponsive and at least as it's currently implemented gives a less detailed version of the regular listing. I don't think I've ever seen a trade site or ingame AH in any other game do it that way. I assume the goal eventually also is to implement some search filters for rare items and such which I imagine will be even more awkward with that type of autosearch.

But like I said I appreciate you're working with limited time and resources and I'm grateful for whatever you can do. Rather as I said my assumption is that such an autosearch feature adds serverload and at least imho is of no benefit so if you'd change it to just a regular search that would be a win win in that case in my book.

Teebling 6701Admin

Europe PC
There is a regular search you can use: /search.php - but it's not styled or anything - there's no UI really, but it's functional.

If you really need it for now you can use it - it's being prettied-up next patch. @Asmo42

OP
Hmm that search is supposed to work for trades? Not getting it to return anything except posts from the pricecheck forum, this string for example:
search.php?keywords=nagelring&terms=all ... mit=Search

Thats all search options default and Trade selected.

Teebling 6701Admin

Europe PC
Asmo42 wrote: 3 years ago
Hmm that search is supposed to work for trades? Not getting it to return anything except posts from the pricecheck forum, this string for example:
search.php?keywords=
Nagelring
&terms=all ... mit=Search
Ah right I haven't turned indexing on for that search engine yet. It'll be fully functional next patch.

In the meantime there's also some very crude parameter filters you can use like https://diablo2.io/trade/?item=Shako or https://diablo2.io/trade/?item=Shako&sold=1 but pagination isn't working for it yet (again next patch).

Hey,

Thanks for the website. It's been a big help for price checking but I was coming here to suggest a search feature such as this as well. Trying to find a torch is a nightmare with how fast people are posting them and not being able to see a full list makes it tough. Glad you're working on it.

Appreciate it!

Teebling 6701Admin

Europe PC
Fixed/feature request fulfilled in v1.0 - see patch notes here.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...