Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   1056 views

Description

Queue in 390 in Asia, and its just a normal weekday 8:00 pm.

Seem like its will take an hour to get in, Blizzard not even putting more potato server for it players.

Not gonna spend a single more penny on Blizzard game =[
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Queue in 390 in Asia, and its just a normal weekday 8:00 pm.

Seem like its will take an hour to get in, Blizzard not even putting more potato server for it players.

Not gonna spend a single more penny on Blizzard game =[

Take Offer in Rune/P.Gem/UberKey/Mix of LowRune
=Check out my active trades=

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
ya they said the Que is temporary, but how temporary... it better not be more than another week or so. This is ridiculous.

Yeah, it is horrible experience...

Even if you get in, if you are unlucky and you get disconnected or your game crashes(still happens once in a while) you are back at the back of the queue. No grace period of 2-3mins to rejoin. It looks like they simply don't care.

The other annoying "temporary" fix is the full 1 minute CD after you joined a game. Sure, if you successfully managed to get into a game, then put on the CD. But failing to join one, shouldnt put you on a CD. Doing public
Baal
runs that you are not hosting is even a more impossible mission now. If the host takes a few more seconds to create the game and you try to join too early will put you on a 1min cd, which for sure will mean your spot will be taken by the time you can retry...

y2kid 109

PC
Fully agree with all of this. Yesterday, Sunday morning I wanted to play some D2 before I had to leave the house. Logged in to find myself at position 380+ on a queue. 90 minutes later when I had to leave I was at position number 2..... I cannot imagine that I am the only person who has couple hours here and there who wants to play the game. It is an old game, most of us are adults with their own life, we cannot afford to spend 90+ minutes to join a queue. That said... I have noticed that during prime-time for European hours there are no queues, so Blizz is definitely spinning more servers up (or pure speculation, reserving some of the Asia/US ones for Europe folk to occupy). This no queue prime-time solution is ok... but at the very least it has to be extended for the weekends as well.... And yes the cooldown is ridiculous. If you want to do something such as torch farming, this is practically impossible if you want to focus on a single
Key
boss. You are forced to do more than one in order to circumvent the cooldown "fix". But doing multiple you spend more time in the "loading" screens when you try to change acts so the loading alone is higher than the cooldown and therefore not worth. So much of this game's experience has been brutalized by these "temporary fixes" that they deployed that it is essentially rendering it unplayable... Honestly, I would rather go back to a state where we have more freedom over what we do and have to suffer the consequence of couple hours server downtime every now and then.... It was crap, but these "fixes" made the game experience even worse.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

Sorceress Americas PC
Aerethiel wrote: 2 years ago
Even if you get in, if you are unlucky and you get disconnected or your game crashes(still happens once in a while) you are back at the back of the queue. No grace period of 2-3mins to rejoin. It looks like they simply don't care.
lmao this happens to me constantly. 5 times yesterday i randomly crashed in various areas and then had to sit in a 50-100 person que each time i DC'd

I crashed twice and tried immediately to rejoin and didn't had to wait the queue again. Maybe you have to be very fast?

Sorceress Americas PC
ZenBeckson wrote: 2 years ago
I crashed twice and tried immediately to rejoin and didn't had to wait the queue again. Maybe you have to be very fast?
nah ive insta-rejoined and still had a que. its all about when you get in. either way, these damn ques need to end lol

Yeah, I insta rejoined as well. The clinet starts in a matter of seconds on this Beast of a PC, so definitly wasn't that I was too slow. There is just no concept of having a grace period what so ever. :(

Sorceress Americas PC
There is just no concept of having a grace period what so ever. :(
the way you get locked out for 1. typing in a game name wrong or 2. typing in the game name before it exists is INSANE that you also get the 60 second lockout.

The lockout AND the que need to be removed ASAP.

OP
Both login queue and game joining cooldown are seriously disappointing solution in nowadays. And hope they're rly temporary =p

Take Offer in Rune/P.Gem/UberKey/Mix of LowRune
=Check out my active trades=
+1, it's awful
Blizzard seems not having enough resources it has been more than 1 week queue is set...
they are more fixing the queue than solving what's behind
what I feel
I have a feeling they are simply trying to "wait it out", rather than really trying to fix it. The way they described the problem it is a pretty big architectural fuck up on their end and that is not something easily fixable. Lets all hope it is not going to just "stay" in there forever until most of us just quit the game.

Sorceress Americas PC
I have a feeling they are simply trying to "wait it out"
wait out what? even MORE people are buying D2R with each passing day. they said themselves they got WAY more users then they thought possible and keep hitting new record concurrent user highs.

Once the servers are stable-ish they can announce ladder and then the flood gates are really going to open. There's no waiting anything out lol

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
I have a feeling they are simply trying to "wait it out"
wait out what? even MORE people are buying D2R with each passing day.
Like 60% of the 20ish friends i have that were playing the game are seriously considering quiting. Even a ladder won't bring them back. Personally, I'm not even sure I'd bother with starting on ladder either. Maybe on the second one. That have been the case for most people I spoke with. But who knows..

Sorceress Americas PC
Like 60% of the 20ish friends i have that were playing the game are seriously considering quiting. Even a ladder won't bring them back
I know a lot of people who haven't even bought D2R simply because of no ladder. Plenty of people going to come on ladder launch. They gotta fix this shit now because the playerbase isn't going down anytime soon.

D2R is literally the D3 the D2 vets have all been waiting for. Shit servers or not, the game is still incredible.

You will spend most of your life waiting in lines, and waiting in general. Get used to it; you're not special, nor do you need special treatment. Does queue suck? Yeah. Of course. Are the wait times ridiculous? Yes. Of course. But Blizzard is trying to make the game playable for others, too, ya know? Would you rather the servers be down for hours on end again, like before the queue was implemented?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...