diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   1050 views

Make "Bnet ID" on your profile a required field please

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Hi!
I have had quite many trades now where the bidder or seller do not have their Battle Net id given on their profile.

So each time the trade is delayed because you have to ask in Trade or in PM just to get their battle net id, which can take hours to get some times.

I really think you should make this field required when saving your profile, will remove so many posts/PMs just asking for it.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi!
I have had quite many trades now where the bidder or seller do not have their Battle Net id given on their profile.

So each time the trade is delayed because you have to ask in Trade or in PM just to get their battle net id, which can take hours to get some times.

I really think you should make this field required when saving your profile, will remove so many posts/PMs just asking for it.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
You can now verify your Bnet tag by linking it to your d2io account as of 1.37.
OP
Here is my latest example of this, trade/perfect-amethyst-t233488.html
This is a great idea and would be really helpful!

Teebling 5892Admin

Europe PC
It would also prevent and discourage people from using the site for other versions of Diablo 2 where a battlenet tag isn't required... I'll consider making it mandatory.

I disagree!

Bnet- and Discord-tags should not be mandatory! I would not use the site in that case.

Sixt 23

Sorceress Europe PC
Ginunstoppable wrote: 2 years ago
I disagree!

Bnet- and Discord-tags should not be mandatory! I would not use the site in that case.
The same is true for me. this is a question of data security, everyone should be free to decide how much they want to reveal.
I think it should remain optional as well. As a seller it is indeed a great way to have your buyer's reach out to you and coordinate trades.

But I do not think it should be mandatory. I was hesitant myself initially as I do not like having random people on my discord / battle.net friends lists but I chose to make the exception for this community as they have been great.

Maybe if there was some better notification process, etc. for trade communication. I have also enabled email alerts myself for watched posts which automatically gets set to watched when you list and I believe when you respond to a trade post.

I think there will be a lot of people that will not like to be forced to post their discord/battle.net ID.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder
I have to agree with the possible security issue. I don't mind about my Discord ID. Years ago I had my account hacked and lost everything my Lvl 98 Necro and 85 Sorc had. I just started playing the game again 3 weeks ago. I've got a bad feeling about this.
Also, if you decide to do this, is there any way i can get my donation back?
Lmao donation back? Such a bum thing to even ask.

Please implement this and pm me this guys donation and I'll donate and match his. Entitled ass people 😂😂

Talking about data security in relations to your BNET BATTLE TAG. Probably busy on Facebook and tiktok while posting that comment too.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
i also find having the b.net id on someones profile to immensely helpful when in comes to communicating with potential traders, but am inclined to agree with the folks thats have brought up security and freedom of choice issues. regardless i will still use the site because of how much it helps to facilitate trade. either way i love this site and am super grateful for its existence. thank you for making it teebling.
Sixt wrote: 2 years ago
Ginunstoppable wrote: 2 years ago
I disagree!

The same is true for me. this is a question of data security, everyone should be free to decide how much they want to reveal.
Security what? Login ≠ password. Just use stronger passwords that qwerty.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Security what? Login ≠ password. Just use stronger passwords that qwerty.
The best security is to be not known at all.

I do have my bnet in my profile but i still prefer to not force the people to do that.

EnragedN3wb 189Moderator

PC
I'm neutral on this being mandatory. Doesn't really matter to me either way. There seems to be a huge misconception in here that your Bnet ID is private though... It's not.

Your Bnet ID is automatically shared with everyone you have ever played with, & everyone you ever will. It's right on their "Recently Played With" list.

Teebling 5892Admin

Europe PC
So I discussed this with a few people and I've decided not to make this mandatory.

The site's philosophy has always been to allow people to interact with minimal restrictions, and making something like this mandatory would discourage a lot of users from using the market in the first place.

However, I will be introducing a feature that lets you 'verify your bnet account' and discord account - in essence linking it to bnet/discord using an OAUTH service that you only need to do once. This will give you a 'verified' badge next to these contact details and add to your overall trustworthiness. Having this extra Edge through being verified will be attractive to a lot of people trying to gain a competitive Edge in the market, and will lead to 1. more people adding bnet details and 2. allow us to keep these tags unique to accounts, so that your ID is protected/associated with a registration here.

BillyMaysed 2194Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
kevdrogo wrote: 2 years ago
Please implement this and pm me this guys donation and I'll donate and match his. Entitled ass people 😂😂

Talking about data security in relations to your BNET BATTLE TAG. Probably busy on Facebook and tiktok while posting that comment too.
lol this. No one on this site is a famous streamer or a celebrity, NO ONE needs to hide something as trivial as their battlenet ID. But i can see why people would want it as an option for the ultra-paranoid.

I would much rather prefer you can actually see the Bnet ID on peoples accounts so its much quicker to get trades going. Oh well.

Teebling 5892Admin

Europe PC
You can now verify your Bnet tag by linking it to your d2io account as of 1.37.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...