Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   144 views

Description

Ability to give a user a negative review similar to that of a +Trust for a good review. Seeing recent posts of bad trades. Would be good to be able to share a list of non-trustables. Not sure how to prevent this from being abused though. Can't just run someones name through the mud because you don't like that they sold something to a higher bidder.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ability to give a user a negative review similar to that of a +Trust for a good review. Seeing recent posts of bad trades. Would be good to be able to share a list of non-trustables. Not sure how to prevent this from being abused though. Can't just run someones name through the mud because you don't like that they sold something to a higher bidder.
I've run and been a part of quite a few trading forums, and usually I find the "negative trust" feature get abused more than it helps. For instance, some folks think that simply taking too long to reply or "flaking" by not responding is negative-trust worthy.

I feel like the best move is to simply have a "scammer/banned user" list or index or tag/flair or some combination of that to keep people safe. That's just my two cents but every time I've seen a "negative" feature it usually ends up with false reports from jilted traders and can, as you mentioned, Wind up with innocent sellers getting defamed unfairly

Add BigSmelly#11936 on Bnet for fastest response

See my listings here and feel free to make an offer -- I will usually consider Perfect Gems and I am ALWAYS looking for Magic Vampirebone GIoves

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
BigSmelly wrote: 2 years ago
I've run and been a part of quite a few trading forums, and usually I find the "negative trust" feature get abused more than it helps
^ This. Negative voting always turns into witch-hunts and abuse.
BigSmelly wrote: 2 years ago
For instance, some folks think that simply taking too long to reply or "flaking" by not responding is negative-trust worthy.
We get many people submitting paragraph long reports simply because the other player flaked out of a deal and they think we should literally ban them from the site.

Internet-karens. lol

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...