Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   2472 views

Description

What were your thoughts on Beta?

-Did you enjoy the game as it currently is ?
-What did you think of the Lobby Versus the one we had before ?
-Do you like seeing your character in the middle of the Lobby ?
-Did you encounter any bugs?
-Do you like the new spells colors/animations ?
-What are your hopes for the final Launch ?
-What is your biggest pet peeve ?

Can be used to make Runewords:

What were your thoughts on Beta?

-Did you enjoy the game as it currently is ?
-What did you think of the Lobby Versus the one we had before ?
-Do you like seeing your character in the middle of the Lobby ?
-Do you like the new spells colors/animations ?
-What are your hopes for the final Launch ?
-What is your biggest pet peeve ?
Ah hell. I wasnt going to but I am upgrading my monitor, turned on a big ol screen and accidentally clicked the d2r icon to launch (pre downloaded to just update when launch rolls and get it). Wasnt going to play, fml I cant go back. Idk how.

Yes I enjoy it as it is. It feels....slower and more manageable idk

I dont remember the lobby

Yes

I did encounter one bug, where I just randomly teleported a quarter screen ahead of me

I love the animations

21:9 ratio during non pvp

Only playing for 45 mins.
It was overall enjoyable but I do think that there could be improvements. I understand that the version provided isn't necessarily the current build.

I think the lobby needs to be changed. I don't know if I like having the character front and center. Also, when looking at games, I would like to see it in the format on all one page instead of changing tabs to get to players list.

I enjoyed the majority of what I saw for spell colors and animations. I really liked everything the druid had to offer. I still have to get through it with other characters but sorc seems to be just fine as well.

I just hope they get the last few things polished that that would be nice. Maybe if they thought about a few more QoL improvements like being able to kill
The Cow King
without punishment but if not, that's fine.

biggest pet peeve? LET ME PLAY MY NECROMANCER MAN.
I agree with you on the lobby. I was liking the D2 LoD clean style way more than the beta. That character window I'm not a fan of. Just have all the chars standing on the bottom panel like before. It was fun to hunt for your own character in the list.
Benzoxazine wrote: 2 years ago
biggest pet peeve? LET ME PLAY MY NECROMANCER MAN.
There is a way to unlock the necro and assassin.

Blizz had -direct -txt enabled in this beta game.exe

If you're interested I can give a guide on how to get the D2R data files and edit the characterCreate json (replace "betaEnabled:false" to "betaEnabled:true" for the two missing classes

All the files for the necro and assassin are in the game files, they load up with no issues when creating games on the beta

Quick directions:
Extract the data from D2R using CascView from http://www.zezula.net/en/casc/main.html

the entire data/ folder has to be extracted (~30 GB). then place the folders locales, local, hd, and global into your Diablo II Resurected/Data/ folder

The json file to edit is charactercreatepanelhd.json and found in Data\global\ui\layouts

Final step is to run Game.exe as a shortcut with -direct -txt added to the launch options

A similar guide I have here for visual effects fog removal mod https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=217&t=67231

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
-Did you enjoy the game as it currently is?
Yes, the graphics look amazing, all the QoL are a HUGE deal for me and the game runs super smooth, even with my crappy setup.

-What did you think of the Lobby Versus the one we had before?
I like it, tho the chat annoys the crap outta me but I guess it's just temporary and/or just for the beta.

-Do you like seeing your character in the middle of the Lobby?
Yeah, it's ok. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Yes, I did and I reported them!

-Do you like the new spells colors/animations?
Only tested the Paladin so far but from what I could see, yes, I like the new look.

-What are your hopes for the final Launch?
I'm hoping for a smooth launch, to be honest. I know, I know... Blizzard tends to fuck it up on all game's launches. I'm just positive about this one!

-What is your biggest pet peeve?
I can't disable the chat and the spam is a bit annoying.

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
I find laggy for example on killing monsters to loot on Ground etc... but my connection work well... this is Beta ...
OP
Thank you everyone for your inputs. It was really enjoyable to read and informative.
Anyone of you playing on europe servers?
I had to switch to North America Region because servers were down on Friday evening in europe.
That was quite the bummer and no good sign for the final release...

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@Sabcoll I am. And yes, I did swap to US server on Friday briefly after the EU server was down but they handled the server crash quickly enough.

By the end of the night I was back into EU server and I haven't experienced any type of crash since then.

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
Sabcoll wrote: 2 years ago
Anyone of you playing on europe servers?
I had to switch to North America Region because servers were down on Friday evening in europe.
That was quite the bummer and no good sign for the final release...
I find EU laggy...
gmy77 wrote: 2 years ago
I find laggy for example on killing monsters to loot on Ground etc... but my connection work well... this is Beta ...
I did notice lag when I first started playing like when I would click on an item in my inventory it would take a half second to be selected. I had just gotten a new monitor and the default hz was set to 60. I changed it to 144hz and it went away and played super smooth.
Got beta
Key
from twitch. Installed. CTD when trying to run.

Overall my opinion is that it sucked because I couldn't play :D

Yeah, I only have an old laptop here but D3 runs perfectly on it...

The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the damned.
You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained, for now.
Nebthtet wrote: 2 years ago
Got beta
Key
from twitch. Installed. CTD when trying to run.

Overall my opinion is that it sucked because I couldn't play :D

Yeah, I only have an old laptop here but D3 runs perfectly on it...
What was your issue with playing? What did you experience? Maybe we can help remedy it.

What are the specs on your craptop (jokes aside). I have some ram for a desktop I can donate.
What I did notice was the difference in sound when switching between legacy and modern.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
What I did notice was the difference in sound when switching between legacy and modern.
I watched some of the remastered cinematics and was very pleased that the voice acting remained the same. This would have been a big immersion breaker for me otherwise. I'm guessing in-game sounds are good?

PC: I was happy with just about everything except for the minimap on Act2. Inside dungeons, it was difficult to see doors.

Xbox: Lack of Lobby was unfortunate. Unfortunately, I did not get to test skills such as
Teleport
on a controller... something I wish I had done.

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Update:
After playing 40+ hours the last few days, I'm extremely happy with the result so far.

I played
Holy Shock
/Zealer Paladin most of the time, got to Level 33 and did a little bit of gamble trying to get a
Bonesnap
. Wasted many millions with no luck. Maybe next week!
My biggest complaint about this phase was the god damn annoying chat. It was too spammy.
Got some disconnects here and there but nothing major. Mostly while doing Trist and Tomb runs.

Overall, a very good experience for me. No lag, just a bit of desync.
The audio looks crisp, the cinematics are beautiful and the visuals are gorgeous.
I can't wait for next week!

What did you guys think of the EA Beta?

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
I watched some of the remastered cinematics and was very pleased that the voice acting remained the same. This would have been a big immersion breaker for me otherwise. I'm guessing in-game sounds are good?
Yes, when you change in between classic and resurrected the sound changes as well, and it sounds great!
@CitationNumber it's Dell Inspiron 3543 and I guess the problem is that nvidia doesn't make newer drivers for mobile gpu that's in this dinosaur. From what I read on the net the CTD issues of the beta are related to that.

Also tried running on that integrated Intel card for shits and giggles, got CTD too :D

Oh well maybe I'll manage to play some next week when I'll be back home with my big rig :)

The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the damned.
You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained, for now.
Nebthtet wrote: 2 years ago
@CitationNumber it's Dell Inspiron 3543 and I guess the problem is that nvidia doesn't make newer drivers for mobile gpu that's in this dinosaur. From what I read on the net the CTD issues of the beta are related to that.

Also tried running on that integrated Intel card for shits and giggles, got CTD too :D

Oh well maybe I'll manage to play some next week when I'll be back home with my big rig :)
Damned happy to hear you have a rig at home :) God speed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...