diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   251 views

Suggestion: Add "Trust Given" as Counter per User

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Hey Guys,

Not sure if it is only me, but there are at least 6-7 trades I executed successfully via diablo2.io without people giving me trust for that trade.
Not that it should be mandatory, but I think the purpose of the system is to really motivate people using it.

Idea: How about adding the Counter "Trust Given" next to "Trust Recieved" per User?

That would motivate more people to not only recieve but also give trust to others.
And it also gives an impression if that person is rather selling or buying more often on this platform, which can also be interesting.

Let me know your thoughts!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey Guys,

Not sure if it is only me, but there are at least 6-7 trades I executed successfully via diablo2.io without people giving me trust for that trade.
Not that it should be mandatory, but I think the purpose of the system is to really motivate people using it.

Idea: How about adding the Counter "Trust Given" next to "Trust Recieved" per User?

That would motivate more people to not only recieve but also give trust to others.
And it also gives an impression if that person is rather selling or buying more often on this platform, which can also be interesting.

Let me know your thoughts!
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
TRON wrote: 2 years ago
Showing the number of successful transactions on the profile
Coming patch 1.0

Beardozer 457Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I think the main problem is you don't get notified when the guy who sold you something marks their trade as sold. The site is supposed to ping you with a notification to review the trade and give trust to the guy, but the feature was broken and was flooding the server with requests and was causing massive performance problems. It was temporarily disabled. The next website patch will fix this, and people who buy from you will again get notified when you close the sale and remind them to hit the trust button.

In the meantime, just remind the guy after the trade to hit the trust button. People legitimately forget, and I've found they do it every time I remind them after the trade. I've also found myself almost forgetting to leave trust when I buy things, it's really easy. So just a quick friendly reminder before you two split goes a long way.

The next patch is also going to add trust for both buyers & sellers, so stay tuned - it's going to be reworked, fixed, and expanded soon. No ETA yet, but the admin is working on it.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
IMO a transaction that is considered to be successful by both parties should reward both of them in some way.

Showing the number of successful transactions on the profile (instead of received "trusts" as a seller) would provide some useful info for everyone. It would motivate the buyer too to provide feedback after the purchase.

Teebling 6699Admin

Europe PC
Showing the number of successful transactions on the profile
Coming patch 1.0
This post was marked as the best answer.

I think calling it "trust" isn't necessarily a good idea. I wouldn't expect someone to trust me after a single successful transaction but I'd expect them to mark the transaction as successful if they benefit from doing so.

Teebling 6699Admin

Europe PC
I think calling it "trust" isn't necessarily a good idea. I wouldn't expect someone to trust me after a single successful transaction but I'd expect them to mark the transaction as successful if they benefit from it.
Okay, not going to change this though. Seems to make sense to most as it is.

My point is that it can discourage people from pressing that button. "Things went well this time" and "I trust this guy" are not exactly the same.

Teebling 6699Admin

Europe PC
My point is that it can discourage people from pressing that button. "Things went well this time" and "I trust this guy" are not exactly the same.
And my point is that there are tens of thousands of already existing trust transactions that show that the current wording works and people are not discouraged. If you don't want to give them trust, you don't have to.

What you are suggesting is essentially two tiers of trust - I'm not going to spend 50 hours developing that when this is the first time the suggestion has ever been asked for.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...