Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1128 views

Description

This topic is now outdated. Please read the patch notes for v1.0.
Hello guys,

Wow. I don't think any of us expected the site to blow up like it did after posting to the /r/Diablo subreddit yesterday. The number of registered users actually doubled overnight, and the number of visits yesterday was something like 5-6k. Unbelievable and unprecedented for our little corner of the D2 community.

I've been working on d2io for over 1.5 years now, so to see this amount of interest, support, and good will is really a joy. To be honest I was starting to lose Faith a little bit - a few individuals last week inexplicably began putting the site down and spreading misinformation about it on various public forums, and it was starting to make me feel pretty bad.

Today? I feel totally different. I feel vindicated - I'm filled with Pride for all of the contributors that have been diligently chipping away at the DB entry data, and I have new hope for the site, and a firm belief that now we can all really can help Resurrected players, and give people that feeling of nostalgia that goes hand in hand with a truly great game like Diablo 2.
So, I wanted to say - thank you everyone who joined yesterday and immediately began posting to the forums, reporting bugs, and suggesting tweaks in the Feedback forum. I've even had a few description suggestions and a lot of very kind comments about the site in general. This is the encouragement I think the guys here needed - to see all of this coming to a larger and more receptive audience.

The vision for this site was always the same: to give the community a place where they could contribute their collective Wisdom about this crazy game, and be rewarded and celebrated for doing so. To give you all an opportunity to add your knowledge, your experience, your weird and wonderful tips that match the game's quirkiness and ability to surprise.
SO. Let's continue with that guys - this is a call to action for all of you really whilst I have your attention. If you want to see d2io succeed and grow - check out - where you'll find instructions on things you can do that truly benefit the database and community here.

Every description added, every image uploaded, every comment posted, every forum guide written, every reply, every share, every mention in the wild... every single action like this, no matter how small, counts.

Ten years of trying (and failing) to make a strong Diablo community has taught me one thing: that momentum is everything. Sure, the site got a boost yesterday, and a lot of resourceful and talented people joined - but that means nothing unless we carry through on it!
I'm currently abroad taking my first holiday in a long time, so I won't be able to respond to bug fixes immediately, or to answer all of your posts as quickly as I'd usually like to, until I return in a week's time.

Until then, thank you all once again for your kind words, wishes, and positive energy for d2io. Made it all worthwhile in the end for me personally and you guys can't possibly fathom how much this place means to me :,) Can't wait to get back and attack some bugs lol.

Teeb
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5837Admin

Europe PC
This topic is now outdated. Please read the patch notes for v1.0.
Hello guys,

Wow. I don't think any of us expected the site to blow up like it did after posting to the /r/Diablo subreddit yesterday. The number of registered users actually doubled overnight, and the number of visits yesterday was something like 5-6k. Unbelievable and unprecedented for our little corner of the D2 community.

I've been working on d2io for over 1.5 years now, so to see this amount of interest, support, and good will is really a joy. To be honest I was starting to lose Faith a little bit - a few individuals last week inexplicably began putting the site down and spreading misinformation about it on various public forums, and it was starting to make me feel pretty bad.

Today? I feel totally different. I feel vindicated - I'm filled with Pride for all of the contributors that have been diligently chipping away at the DB entry data, and I have new hope for the site, and a firm belief that now we can all really can help Resurrected players, and give people that feeling of nostalgia that goes hand in hand with a truly great game like Diablo 2.
So, I wanted to say - thank you everyone who joined yesterday and immediately began posting to the forums, reporting bugs, and suggesting tweaks in the Feedback forum. I've even had a few description suggestions and a lot of very kind comments about the site in general. This is the encouragement I think the guys here needed - to see all of this coming to a larger and more receptive audience.

The vision for this site was always the same: to give the community a place where they could contribute their collective Wisdom about this crazy game, and be rewarded and celebrated for doing so. To give you all an opportunity to add your knowledge, your experience, your weird and wonderful tips that match the game's quirkiness and ability to surprise.
SO. Let's continue with that guys - this is a call to action for all of you really whilst I have your attention. If you want to see d2io succeed and grow - check out - where you'll find instructions on things you can do that truly benefit the database and community here.

Every description added, every image uploaded, every comment posted, every forum guide written, every reply, every share, every mention in the wild... every single action like this, no matter how small, counts.

Ten years of trying (and failing) to make a strong Diablo community has taught me one thing: that momentum is everything. Sure, the site got a boost yesterday, and a lot of resourceful and talented people joined - but that means nothing unless we carry through on it!
I'm currently abroad taking my first holiday in a long time, so I won't be able to respond to bug fixes immediately, or to answer all of your posts as quickly as I'd usually like to, until I return in a week's time.

Until then, thank you all once again for your kind words, wishes, and positive energy for d2io. Made it all worthwhile in the end for me personally and you guys can't possibly fathom how much this place means to me :,) Can't wait to get back and attack some bugs lol.

Teeb

One of the new guys brought over from the reddit post... Im here for the long haul now. everything about this site you created feels authentic and made with love.

Lets be honest, the people who grew up with this game and all the new players to join the addiction can all benefit from a community like this.

Cheers for the hard work! If you ever need help with hosting costs Id be happy to donate If you set up a system for it.
Endgame wrote: 2 years ago
Cheers for the hard work! If you ever need help with hosting costs Id be happy to donate If you set up a system for it.
+1!

If this happens, I will be ready to host everything on a dedicated server at my place, xD! This is the greatest project and it must live!

Ran37 96

Sorceress Americas PC
Thanks for all of the great work. I was hoping someone would make this type of thing but this far surpassed all my expectations. Can't wait to help it grow!

- Ran37

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Teebling wrote:
You should feel EXTREMELY proud sir. This site is literally light years ahead of any other forum on the internet, period. Not just D2, not just video game forums in general, all forums. :D
Teebling wrote:
Honestly this is so true. I think you should post this website on EVERY diablo subreddit and forum:

-Main blizzard forums. I was thinking of posting your site there right now, but figured i should ask for permission. May I advertise for you there?
-Reddit has 3 different diablo subreddits. Diablo, Diablo2 and Diablo 2 resurrected.
-D2jsp (ya ya i know, but the site is blowing up even more)
-Diablofans (pretty dead, but my threads still get thousands of views in a week there)

Teebling wrote:
We will miss you, and be sure to destroy all your hard work in your absence. :P.

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Honestly this is so true. I think you should post this website on EVERY diablo subreddit and forum:

-Main blizzard forums. I was thinking of posting your site there right now, but figured i should ask for permission. May I advertise for you there?
-Reddit has 3 different diablo subreddits. Diablo, Diablo2 and Diablo 2 resurrected.
-D2jsp (ya ya i know, but the site is blowing up even more)
-Diablofans (pretty dead, but my threads still get thousands of views in a week there)
@Teebling already posted on all of Reddit subforums.
And I posted today on D2R Official Forums too: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/ ... site/44875

:)

Sorceress Americas PC
Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago

And I posted today on D2R Official Forums too: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/ ... site/44875

Oh ok awesome. I just saw your thread in the main blizzard forums and liked it :).

What about D2jsp though? I could post it if you don't want to, lots of trolls in there. lol. But im confident it will really help for those who appreciate what Teebling and you guys have done here.

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

Oh ok awesome. I just saw your thread in the main blizzard forums and liked it :).

What about D2jsp though? I could post it if you don't want to, lots of trolls in there. lol. But im confident it will really help for those who appreciate what Teebling and you guys have done here.
Imma leave that one for @Teebling to answer.
I'm a little biased regarding D2JSP.

Sorceress Americas PC
Imma leave that one for @Teebling to answer.
I'm a little biased regarding D2JSP.
Yep thats why i asked before posting without permission. Maybe he would prefer no one from that community come over here? Should be his choice, this site is amazeballs and deserves to be protected! :D

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Hello guys,

Teeb
With every new gaming site made, especial ones made that are trying to be a part of an already establish community of similar sites, you are always going to get those who will shit on it. Whether the site is actual shit or not (and this one certainly is not shit), it doesn't matter to them. The shit lords do this because your site is viewed as "competition" and "change" despite you and the mods consistently saying that this site is strictly to bring D2 players together and help better the community in any way it can.

My point is that regardless of the drama/stress that comes from the few very vocal shit lords out there, your purpose & diabl2.
Io
's purpose to is to inform and bring the D2 community together. Never lose sight of that and keep making this site the best it can be (it feels like weekly this site gets better and better). The majority of users, though not necessarily vocal, love this site, love the D2 community and we vastly outnumber the shit lords who spread negativity.

Have Faith, focus on the positivity and keep supporting D2 scene. We got your back :)

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
Every time I come on here I feel cozy.

I can tell more people are around, I took a break for like a week and a half or whenever I stopped contributing.

SIX PAGES OF UNREAD FORUM POSTS HOLY ...
Hell-O, Wujek here.
I'm play'n on ps4, country is Poland.
Any1 is welcome to trade or play along. I found site by myself, and I'm glad I'm here.
Great job m8, keep it going.
Also I reported laggy site issue in bugs session. Maybe it helps.
Have a good one.
Peace
I'm so glad I found this site little over a week ago. Not only do I use it on a daily base to look up a ton of info. It also has such a nice design fitting the game perfectly! As someone who really holds the D2 design and style in high regards. This site is my new home for everything D2! Keep up the good work!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...