Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   69 views

Description

So, I'm not going to call any one out. I'll just say that upfront.

But I've been increasingly receiving private messages for trades the longer I'm on the site. Sometimes there might be a legitimate reason for contacting the seller in private. Maybe a question about the trade that you don't want to clutter up the post with, as an example.

But sending a private message with trade offers is generally a sign of bad faith in my opinion. It's often done by someone looking to low-ball you on a trade or scam you. That's why they don't want to make the trade in the open.

I have had people PM me after a trade with someone else has been accepted and I made the trade with them instead. This is kind of a gray area. Due to schedules and time zones, sometimes a trade is accepted but I end up waiting around forever for the trade. Even when I play half of the day, in several hour chunks and at different times of the day. It happens. It's unavoidable. Depending on the trade, I will try to give people a chance, but in the end I will go with the trade that is better and more convenient. Also, if you PM me about a trade after an offer was accepted, I will still list you as the trade partner if you are a site member. So you might as well post in the trade thread instead of PMs anyways. People will still see your name.

I'm not sure if I should say much more so as to not give away too much information... so instead, a little more ranting:
  • If you low ball me, you will be squelched and lose all ability to trade with me. Especially if it's obvious what you're doing. Just don't do it.
  • Read my Signature. If you're going to offer something, give an amount. Don't waste my time making me reply back and forth. It will just aggravate me and make me more likely to squelch you.
  • Just don't make trade offers via PM. Post in the trade thread. That's what it's for.

Can be used to make Runewords:

So, I'm not going to call any one out. I'll just say that upfront.

But I've been increasingly receiving private messages for trades the longer I'm on the site. Sometimes there might be a legitimate reason for contacting the seller in private. Maybe a question about the trade that you don't want to clutter up the post with, as an example.

But sending a private message with trade offers is generally a sign of bad faith in my opinion. It's often done by someone looking to low-ball you on a trade or scam you. That's why they don't want to make the trade in the open.

I have had people PM me after a trade with someone else has been accepted and I made the trade with them instead. This is kind of a gray area. Due to schedules and time zones, sometimes a trade is accepted but I end up waiting around forever for the trade. Even when I play half of the day, in several hour chunks and at different times of the day. It happens. It's unavoidable. Depending on the trade, I will try to give people a chance, but in the end I will go with the trade that is better and more convenient. Also, if you PM me about a trade after an offer was accepted, I will still list you as the trade partner if you are a site member. So you might as well post in the trade thread instead of PMs anyways. People will still see your name.

I'm not sure if I should say much more so as to not give away too much information... so instead, a little more ranting:
  • If you low ball me, you will be squelched and lose all ability to trade with me. Especially if it's obvious what you're doing. Just don't do it.
  • Read my Signature. If you're going to offer something, give an amount. Don't waste my time making me reply back and forth. It will just aggravate me and make me more likely to squelch you.
  • Just don't make trade offers via PM. Post in the trade thread. That's what it's for.

If no price, offer. Give amount. LF Perfect Gems, Keys, Runes, and gearing my characters.
Current Chars:
Nova
/BlizzOrb/Fire Sorcs, WW (s/s), thrower, trav singer,
Nova
Necro,
Rabies
Druid, Java, Spearzon, Mosaic Asn, Trapsin, Uber Smiter.
People not listing their Bnet account on the profile is also very sus.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
Yep. Someone sent me a low offer for a trade via PM recently. It seemed weird, but I thought they anticipated some haggling and didn't want to clutter the trade.

Particularly weird when they asked me "how much for [something else]?" when the price is in the trade itself.
OP
Xanhast70 wrote: 1 hour ago
Yeah, I was trying not to give away any hints. Let them out themselves in any way they want lol. I'm just letting people know, so they can be aware, and double check on the person to see if they're being legit before even continuing. But also just telling people not to do trades via PM.
Yep. Someone sent me a low offer for a trade via PM recently. It seemed weird, but I thought they anticipated some haggling and didn't want to clutter the trade.

Particularly weird when they asked me "how much for [something else]?" when the price is in the trade itself.
They should just make their offers in the trade thread. If they don't know what you'll accept, just have the items listed in their stash on this website, and point you towards the items you might be interested in (like "hey, I got some druid gear on my profile, would you accept any of those?").

As long as they can easily search what you have, you can put the onus on them to do a quick look. That's what make this website such a powerful tool.

But yeah, that's weird. I honestly don't know if people don't read, or what...

If no price, offer. Give amount. LF Perfect Gems, Keys, Runes, and gearing my characters.
Current Chars:
Nova
/BlizzOrb/Fire Sorcs, WW (s/s), thrower, trav singer,
Nova
Necro,
Rabies
Druid, Java, Spearzon, Mosaic Asn, Trapsin, Uber Smiter.

Necrarch 2046Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I had several times newcomers reaching me out from PM. Always went fine for me so I definitely don't prevent that even if the best practice for sure is in thread.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus
Xanhast70 wrote: 1 hour ago
I don't list my Bnet account as I have been scammed enough in real life I don't need my escape also threatened.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation