Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
24 replies   753 views

Description

Description by seansixsixsix

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hmm. Interesting. Maybe my Dragon Shield is still useful. Too bad I already made the Phoenix in a pally shield so I can't just swap it to my sorc or zon. =(

If no price, offer. Give amount. LF Perfect Gems, Keys, Runes, and gearing my characters.
Current Chars:
Nova
/BlizzOrb/Fire Sorcs, WW (s/s), thrower, trav singer,
Nova
Necro,
Rabies
Druid, Java, Spearzon, Mosaic Asn, Trapsin, Uber Smiter.

Schnorki 3740Moderator

PC
fredkid wrote: 16 hours ago
Can, but you already have 125 pierce from
Conviction

[..]
Against immune/sundered
Conviction
works at 1/5 so extra pierce will be way more effective but still not enough to double the damage...
monster will take 0.3x damage with only
Conviction
(effective resist 70) and 0.55x damage with an addition 25 pierce (effective resist 45) (~+83%)
[..]
Actually, any self-convicting pally should aim for lvl 25
Conviction
at which point you're shaving off 150 res (conv's
Cap
) and not just 125.
The -100 min
Cap
is accurate so on any mob that has 50 or less res, extra -res would do nothing thanks to
Conviction
already taking care of it.

On immunes, you're looking at 95 res post-sunder, -30 from
Conviction
(due to the 1/5th rule) and -20 from Hand of Justice, meaning you do 55% of your normal/base dmg against those (as compared to 200% of your base dmg against <=50 res mobs).

If you were to add Phoenix to that, you're adding -28 res which would take you to 83% of your base dmg or just about 51% more damage done, relatively speaking. Obviously, 51% is quite a hefty increase in and by itself but the cost of that is even more hefty as you're losing dmg two-fold:
1) You're dropping from tri-tick to dual-tick which in itself is essentially a 50% loss on the aoe part (albeit no impact on the melee dmg), meaning it already near fully offsets the gain from Phoenix there.
2) You're dropping your HF by 14 levels which - just quickly looking at maxroll for the numbers - is essentially right around a 44% dmg loss on both, melee and aoe.

As a result, looking at dmg vs. <=50 res mobs and vs. immunes, you're looking at essentially doing anywhere from around 15% all the way to around 62% less damage when using Phoenix which essentially means Phoenix is anywhere from 'bad' to 'horrible' as compared to another Dragon.

Or more specifically, in numbers, cause why not: That's looking at comparative base dmg mind you, not considering synergies and the like. But seeing how those multiply out independently, they don't change the relative comparison.
On mobs >50 res but not immune, few as they may be, the difference would be somewhere in between those for <=50 and immunes.
Also assuming no -res in the headpiece here, just to give Phoenix a chance (futile as it was). If you add -res there, be that via facets or flickering, the relative gain from the Phoenix -res drops, making the comparative results even worse for it.
SkullScythe wrote: 15 hours ago
Hmm. Interesting. Maybe my Dragon Shield is still useful. Too bad I already made the Phoenix in a pally shield so I can't just swap it to my sorc or zon. =(
Could always keep the Phoenix as an overkill swap for quick regen, without having to waste an actual skill point on
Redemption
. :D
Shame on me... πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

At the time I was writing I confuse
Conviction
"max" level (25) with the max pierce (that's why I came with 125 instead of the correct 150 🀦🀦🀦)

And completely forgot tha Hand of Justice already have fire pierce on the calculations...
Schnorki wrote: 2 hours ago
fredkid wrote: 16 hours ago
Can, but you already have 125 pierce from
Conviction

[..]
Against immune/sundered
Conviction
works at 1/5 so extra pierce will be way more effective but still not enough to double the damage...
monster will take 0.3x damage with only
Conviction
(effective resist 70) and 0.55x damage with an addition 25 pierce (effective resist 45) (~+83%)
[..]
Actually, any self-convicting pally should aim for lvl 25
Conviction
at which point you're shaving off 150 res (conv's
Cap
) and not just 125.
The -100 min
Cap
is accurate so on any mob that has 50 or less res, extra -res would do nothing thanks to
Conviction
already taking care of it.

On immunes, you're looking at 95 res post-sunder, -30 from
Conviction
(due to the 1/5th rule) and -20 from Hand of Justice, meaning you do 55% of your normal/base dmg against those (as compared to 200% of your base dmg against <=50 res mobs).

If you were to add Phoenix to that, you're adding -28 res which would take you to 83% of your base dmg or just about 51% more damage done, relatively speaking. Obviously, 51% is quite a hefty increase in and by itself but the cost of that is even more hefty as you're losing dmg two-fold:
1) You're dropping from tri-tick to dual-tick which in itself is essentially a 50% loss on the aoe part (albeit no impact on the melee dmg), meaning it already near fully offsets the gain from Phoenix there.
2) You're dropping your HF by 14 levels which - just quickly looking at maxroll for the numbers - is essentially right around a 44% dmg loss on both, melee and aoe.

As a result, looking at dmg vs. <=50 res mobs and vs. immunes, you're looking at essentially doing anywhere from around 15% all the way to around 62% less damage when using Phoenix which essentially means Phoenix is anywhere from 'bad' to 'horrible' as compared to another Dragon.

Or more specifically, in numbers, cause why not:
image.png

That's looking at comparative base dmg mind you, not considering synergies and the like. But seeing how those multiply out independently, they don't change the relative comparison.
On mobs >50 res but not immune, few as they may be, the difference would be somewhere in between those for <=50 and immunes.
Also assuming no -res in the headpiece here, just to give Phoenix a chance (futile as it was). If you add -res there, be that via facets or flickering, the relative gain from the Phoenix -res drops, making the comparative results even worse for it.
SkullScythe wrote: 15 hours ago
Could always keep the Phoenix as an overkill swap for quick regen, without having to waste an actual skill point on
Redemption
. :D

Time Zone: GMT-3
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3740Moderator

PC
fredkid wrote: 2 hours ago

At the time I was writing I
Confuse
Conviction
"max" level (25) with the max pierce (that's why I came with 125 instead of the correct 150 🀦🀦🀦)

And completely forgot tha Hand of Justice already have fire pierce on the calculations...
[..]
And you took Phoenix as -25 instead of -28 I believe. ;)

<3
Yep...
But that was 'on purpose' to make calculation simpler 😝😝
(And that's why I didn't say Phoenix explicitly on that specific post πŸ˜‰ 🀫)
Schnorki wrote: 2 hours ago
fredkid wrote: 2 hours ago

At the time I was writing I
Confuse
Conviction

[..]
And you took Phoenix as -25 instead of -28 I believe. ;)

<3

Time Zone: GMT-3
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...