Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   229 views

Description

So iv read here and there that shared stash is saved different and suddenly dissepear!!?
Iv got some 20 year old chars I really don't wanna loose stuff on. So is it safe, and if so at what patch did they fix it?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So iv read here and there that shared stash is saved different and suddenly dissepear!!?
Iv got some 20 year old chars I really don't wanna loose stuff on. So is it safe, and if so at what patch did they fix it?
LOD had no shared stash, unless u used a mod like plugy...

Necrarch 1977Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As far as I remember the issue can be on any stash (personal or shared) and only if you overflow the Memory of that stash by filling it entitely with 1-slot crafted items (e.g. crafted amulets) that have 7 affixes while stashes are counted for 100 x 6 affixes.
Fill your stashes in a balanced way (with bigger stuff or full rejuv pots) and you should be fine.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus

Schnorki 3698Moderator

PC
I've had 0 issues with any stash in any mode, even though the overflow thing does exist. Though as far as I recall, that was applicable to char saves rather than the stash save on SP as those kept the old limits despite increased capacity. Might be misremembering that though.. Either way, it won't affect most people as it really only hits when there's too much affix information and such to store, meaning when there's a crapton of fully-variable items in there (e.g. nothing but rare rings).

Either way, the beauty of (at least PC) SP is that you can protect (or clone *cough*) whatever you want to protect, simply by creating a backup:
- Hit up your d2:r save game folder (typically C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected)
- Create a backup of the charactername.d2s file for whichever character you'd like to protect
- Create a backup of SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i to protect your shared stash

If you then do something that ends up breaking things somehow, you always have a fallback to drop back to, simply by copying over the previous version.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...