Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   508 views

Moving from Diablo 2 LOD to resurrected. Needs some help

No data yet

Description

Hi.

So im an old Diablo player and havent played in years. But with the "newly" resurrection I got interested again and booted up my old D2 LOD 1.14 with a 20 year old single player char. Quickly remembered the hardships of drops and storage...

So i checked resurrection and it seems ti fix a few things like?:
- Storage increase (yay)
- All runewords can now be created???
- Red portals do not disappear like before after killing cow king or finishing quests!
Any others big things?

But I wanted to ask, is there anything that can block my chars to be imported to resurrected? Il admit iv used hero editor 104 2 times. Both to reset quests to be able to reset my build and align skillspoints. Never touched gear or anything else. Wil this be a problem? Also used text to "add players"(/players x) for more challenge and drops if that means anything.

Also, is it now possible for single player chars to play together with friends over the internet on a private game?

Also 2, can you still use the text to "add players" to get more challenge and xp?
Description by maraxion

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi.

So im an old Diablo player and havent played in years. But with the "newly" resurrection I got interested again and booted up my old D2 LOD 1.14 with a 20 year old single player char. Quickly remembered the hardships of drops and storage...

So i checked resurrection and it seems ti fix a few things like?:
- Storage increase (yay)
- All runewords can now be created???
- Red portals do not disappear like before after killing cow king or finishing quests!
Any others big things?

But I wanted to ask, is there anything that can block my chars to be imported to resurrected? Il admit iv used hero editor 104 2 times. Both to reset quests to be able to reset my build and align skillspoints. Never touched gear or anything else. Wil this be a problem? Also used text to "add players"(/players x) for more challenge and drops if that means anything.

Also, is it now possible for single player chars to play together with friends over the internet on a private game?

Also 2, can you still use the text to "add players" to get more challenge and xp?

ShadowHeart 2586Moderator

Europe PC
Welcome to diablo2.io! :)

maraxion wrote: 3 weeks ago
All runewords can now be created???
All LoD rune words can be created on non-ladder as well as offline.

There are some new D2R rune words are ladder-only (but they are available offline).

All rune words work offline (including the new D2R ones).

Any others big things?
There's been some skill balance changes. See the 2.4 patch notes in particular, there was a long list of balance changes:
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... r-now-live

No. The only way to play multiplayer is by playing online. Offline is single player only. They decided to not implement TCP/IP play for security reasons (that's what they said), and there's no "open b.net".

The /players X command still works offline.

But I wanted to ask, is there anything that can block my chars to be imported to resurrected?
I have yet to play offline in D2R so I can't help with this one, unfortunately.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
But I wanted to ask, is there anything that can block my chars to be imported to resurrected?
I have imported several characters, some who were all legit, some who were slightly tweaked by Hero Editor, and even a few completely Hero Editor generated characters for testing purposes. Never had an issue!

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Schnorki 3694Moderator

PC
Winterkill wrote: 3 weeks ago
I have imported several characters, some who were all legit, some who were slightly tweaked by Hero Editor, and even a few completely Hero Editor generated characters for testing purposes. Never had an issue!
From any testing/playing around I've done so far, any char that works in LoD also works in D2:R.

That said, if you edit your char to the point of breaking the save file (i.e. breaking it for LoD), D2:R won't fix that and it'll be broken there as well.

Exceptions may apply but I've not encountered any so far.
play online!
i rarely play multiplayer games but just the trading makes it worth it.
also end of each ladder (2 days) there is a bunch of free stuff as players manage their inventory.
browse the trades with the "free" flag selected-
browsetrades.php?sk=t&sd=d&legacy_resu=1&free=1
ShadowHeart wrote: 3 weeks ago
Any others big things?
There's been some skill balance changes. See the 2.4 patch notes in particular, there was a long list of balance changes:
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... r-now-live
And also 2.5 with Sunder charms. Ignoring immunes is definitely "big".
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... ded#Charms

ShadowHeart 2586Moderator

Europe PC
Trang Oul wrote: 3 weeks ago
And also 2.5 with Sunder charms. Ignoring immunes is definitely "big".
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... ded#Charms
Oh yes, for some reason that slipped my mind. And some other stuff.

So, the major changes in D2R so far have been:
  • Lots of skill rebalancing, too much to list here
  • Casting delays (skill cooldowns) are now per skill rather than shared (mostly affects Sorceress & Elemental Druid)
  • Some skills had their casting delay reduced significantly or removed entirely
  • Sunder Charms & Terror Zones
  • Some LoD rune words can now be made in more bases (Insight in missile weapons, Infinity/Obedience/Pride in spears and Amazon spears)
  • New rune words (click on or hover over the names to see details):
  • Dclone now spawns on an entire region (Americas/EU/Asia) at once instead of only on a specific server IP
  • Everything that was online-only and/or ladder-only in LoD is available on both non-ladder and offline in D2R
  • Now possible to upgrade set items via cube (previously only possible with rares and uniques)
  • Merc improvements (including new Act 5
    Frenzy
    Barbarian merc type)
  • NHD (next hit delay) changes (this has bigger implications than one might think at first for some builds)
  • Hydras & Assassin traps benefit from both -X to enemy resistance as well as +X to elemental skill damage
  • Controller support (thanks DasNarf!)
+ some bug fixes and other improvements

Anything else major I missed?

EDIT: Added controller support to the list (thanks @DasNarf!)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 3 weeks ago
Anything else major I missed?
Controller Support. Huge improvement for couch-players like me. Most builds work very well without mouse and keyboard. Some don't.

Very important: Controllers don't suffer from new hotkey bugs.

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)
OP
Fantastic help people, thank you!

A couple of quick ones at the end I cannot remember anymore.

1. Merc magic find is that based on the players %+merc gear? So the merc can have higher magic find % then the player?

2. With magic find is it the players gear when the monster dies that matters or before? Lets say you get
Baal
down to 5% health and swap in an amulet with +100% magic find, would that work?
maraxion wrote: 2 weeks ago
1. Merc magic find is that based on the players %+merc gear? So the merc can have higher magic find % then the player?
Yes. When Merc kill it use your Magic Find/Gold Find + his/her Magic Find/Gold Find
This can be seen on https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/
maraxion wrote: 2 weeks ago
2. With magic find is it the players gear when the monster dies that matters or before? Lets say you get
Baal
down to 5% health and swap in an amulet with +100% magic find, would that work?
the MF at the time of the death that counts (it is a common approach on MF builds to have a swap equipment with more MF and swap just before the kill)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...