Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   598 views

Description

I do some item crafting (mostly jewelry) occasionally, and this is my last creation of sorts. I'm wondering, how in the world the game came up with required level 96 (the highest I've ever seen for a crafted item) for it, if the original magic ring was of required level 51. Any thoughts? The resulted ring features are mediocre at best.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I do some item crafting (mostly jewelry) occasionally, and this is my last creation of sorts. I'm wondering, how in the world the game came up with required level 96 (the highest I've ever seen for a crafted item) for it, if the original magic ring was of required level 51. Any thoughts? The resulted ring features are mediocre at best.
crafted rings w. the lamprey suffix (6-9) = clvl 96

...and manald ring = clvl 15 lol

mhlg 1156

Americas PC
bigbikefan wrote: 1 month ago

image.png
It's simple! Nothing below level 96 would survive with that kind of jewelry. :D

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet, I'm in EST time zone (E Coast U.S)
6% ML has levelreq 74
level of the crated item = 74 + 10 + 3*4 (4 random affixes) = 96

Relax and have fun!
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 month ago
6% ML has levelreq 74
level of the crated item = 74 + 10 + 3*4 (4 random affixes) = 96
I've been able to confirm the req lvl 74 for 6% mana leech, but I'm not sure how the total required char lvl got calculated. Say, +48 to mana alone requires lvl 22, so if the required levels get summed up, then just these two attributes together would give required level 96. From your equation it's unclear where 10 and other numbers come from.
so the general formula seems to be:
(# of random affixes x 3) + (level req of highest affix) + 10
OP
krathkor wrote: 1 month ago
There are 6 total affixes for the crafted ring. After subtracting the one with the highest required level (74) 5 affixes remain. So the game randomly chose 4 out of 5, multiplied by 3 and added 10 as a constant? Are you saying this ring could have been of required level 99 if it was 5 instead of 4?
only the random affixes count.
Crafted items have 1-4 random affixes, and 3-4 fixed affixes depending on the item 😉 (in the case of the
Caster Ring
, there are 3 fixed affixes: +1-5 To Energy; Regenerate Mana 4-10%; +10-20 To Mana)
There are 6 total affixes for the crafted ring. After subtracting the one with the highest required level (74) 5 affixes remain. So the game randomly chose 4 out of 5, multiplied by 3 and added 10 as a constant? Are you saying this ring could have been of required level 99 if it was 5 instead of 4?

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
n.b. there are 4 random affixes on the ring, the add to mana random affix summed with the fixed add to mana affix;
so only 6 are visible
OP
Thanks for all responses. I probably should spend more time on crafting. So far I've only succeeded in getting a very high required clvl item.
Crafted items can have up to 4 random affixes only (on top of the 3 fixes).
The req lvl is capped at 98.

Relax and have fun!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...