diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
33 replies   1084 views

Description

Description by d2jsp

Can be used to make Runewords:

I stand by my previous statement
BoringTitle wrote: 1 month ago
I think I heard the same thing in wizard of Oz.

'Dont pay attention to the man behind the curtain' lmao.

flamebellow wrote: 1 month ago
Sounds more like a wounded narcissist to me.
Don't pay attention to my communication style, it's just a stage image and a social experiment. I'm interested in which direction the site will develop and what improvements will be made for all users.
Regardless. By linking to the other thread within the first paragraph. This is a continuation of the locked thread.
OP

d2jsp 90

PC
Regardless. By linking to the other thread within the first paragraph. This is a continuation of the locked thread.
I can provide a link to any message on this site, even a closed post, as long as it has not been deleted. To show readers, and possibly users of my instructions, an alternative point of view. But the main content of the main post is completely opposite to the previous one, therefore it is not a continuation of the original topic laid down by the author of the last post.

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️
Skaijuice wrote: 1 month ago
what are you suggesting? Say it in plain words.
I'm just giving an alternative view of trading and presenting the darkside.

Just like M1ck and you are against resellers, I am for global trading, reselling and achieving maximum profits in less time spent by knowing the cost of prices.
Look. If I hadn't been clear to you, re-sellers are part of the scene. I don't 'hate' them. That was just my way of poking fun at them. Perhaps an emoji or two would have been more convincing. I can only control who i close trades with & I don't control what they do after. Btw I don't need to make my own rules because i know how things run on a forum & i do my own diligence respecting those rules - And i give my input as constructively as i can upon request.
I refused to use JSP because it's a scam site.
I would like to hear clarification on this matter. Your opinion is very important, because it can protect newcomers.
That's not me to influence how others do or do not. It is for the individual to judge. I don't answer to you certainly but for myself.
That thread despite being closed yielded some good because it opened up conversation by addressing the elephant in the room.
Secondly, as a result of the call out it provided a channel for me to bring into the open one of this site's policies concerning hiding the identity for a call-out.
And lastly, re-selling here and/or the activity affording the means to resell is not frown upon here, maybe even encouraged? Idk..it was ambiguous from @Teebling last message to me.

either way my guess is it was closed because no further value was contributed.

Maybe this will be part 2? 😁
The previous topic was closed because Teebling provided clarification on the site's policies. What is not prohibited is permitted.
I give an alternative view, supplementing it with instructions and, in general, the most simplified overview of how the economy is built between different sites. Therefore, my post is different from the previous one.
But you quoted the original participants from that thread as a triggering point. You are just picking your battles trying to vindicate yourself. 🙄

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.

M1ck 457

Europe PC
This looks like a nice bedtime story guaranteed you’ll fall asleep after the first paragraph, assuming you even make it that far (I didn’t).

Nothing to see here, just a continuation of the original topic. Teebling locked the post for a reason, read the room.

Millionaire, please show us your philanthropy by posting a generous giveaway to the D2io community.

Have a nice day.
OP

d2jsp 90

PC
M1ck wrote: 1 month ago
This looks like a nice bedtime story guaranteed you’ll fall asleep after the first paragraph, assuming you even make it that far (I didn’t).

Nothing to see here, just a continuation of the original topic. Teebling locked the post for a reason, read the room.

Millionaire, please show us your philanthropy by posting a generous giveaway to the D2io community.

Have a nice day.
My generous giveawway is the knowledge that I share for free.

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️
I don't really get it. I sorrowfully watched that ego clash on the locked topic, and apparently you guys haven't had enough of it.

If two people are willing to make a trade, there shouldn't be any third party concerned about it. This is independent of anyone's choice, whether to hate any one of those two or not. This is nobody's problem. This is a game, has its own trade mechanic and if you think someone getting scammed, this is none of your business at the end. Hate them, how you want, but it is not fair to carry on that feelings over and over again. You can create a FAQ topic and explain every precaution there is to apply, but that's it.

You have a car. You can possibly but not surely sell it for 10k, however you're not good informed about the market, so you sold it for 2k. After that, that car is nobody's concern besides the buyer. There will always be a buyer for that kind of price, and I'm not sure, who to blame here: buyer or seller? But you know what, there's no one to blame, because that's none of our business! Seller should learn how to sell and buyer, I couldn't care less about the buyer.

I've started to play this game around 2003 and until D2R was out, I was an offline SSF player that actually didn't know much about the game. I learned almost everything from this website and can say that I haven't been scammed once because I'm willing to learn. Everyone should be.

Trying to defy the universal rules of trade seems to me hypocrisy.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

M1ck 457

Europe PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 month ago
I don't really get it. I sorrowfully watched that ego clash on the locked topic, and apparently you guys haven't had enough of it.

If two people are willing to make a trade, there shouldn't be any third party concerned about it. This is independent of anyone's choice, whether to hate any one of those two or not. This is nobody's problem. This is a game, has its own trade mechanic and if you think someone getting scammed, this is none of your business at the end. Hate them, how you want, but it is not fair to carry on that feelings over and over again. You can create a FAQ topic and explain every precaution there is to apply, but that's it.

You have a car. You can possibly but not surely sell it for 10k, however you're not good informed about the market, so you sold it for 2k. After that, that car is nobody's concern besides the buyer. There will always be a buyer for that kind of price, and I'm not sure, who to blame here: buyer or seller? But you know what, there's no one to blame, because that's none of our business! Seller should learn how to sell and buyer, I couldn't care less about the buyer.

I've started to play this game around 2003 and until D2R was out, I was an offline SSF player that actually didn't know much about the game. I learned almost everything from this website and can say that I haven't been scammed once because I'm willing to learn. Everyone should be.

Ah ok so you are alright with new and casual players being preyed upon, good to know.

Do tell me what are the universal rules of trade because I genuinely don't know? I’ve only played for a couple of years so please educate me since you have much more experience.
Well, casual players are not even going to know this side of the game exists for the most part. And we are not necessarily going to reach them from here.

And SSF grailers aren't going to care all that much excess loot just takea up inventory space that thry dont have.

To top.it off casuals are likely to jump at the bit to do real money transfers for loot. If a person has 2 hours to play they are probably going to love spending 1.99$ to get the runes needed to make Beast or Infinity.

There defiantly are two sides to this coin. I feel like I prefer to stand on the Edge.

It's the weirdos like me who dump 16 hour days farming stuff that they have non use for, only to give it away recklessly. They are the people I choose to side with on this dilemma.

I am reminded of something that happened about 8 years ago while I was on the PC ladder.

A person I played with gave my druid a HoTo, I couldn't make use of it with my
Werewolf
and gave it to some guy who seemed like he really could get a kick out of it.

The original guy who gave it to me got pretty upset with me, said that it took him forever to trade for that. I was really confused. If he wanted it back if I didn't like it he could have said so.

I probably straigh up gifted hi. 7+lightning sorceress charms and combat skillers for paladin over the course. I always drop skillers I find to party members or even just randoms who are plauing the relevant class.

I found it odd that he would expect me to play with others any differently than I always have with him.

If i knew he was going to want it back, I would never have accepted it in the first place.

I dunno, this has bugged me for a few years.

On top of it, I factory farmed up a couple infinities that season. It weirds me out the people trade the way they do.

Maybe I'm just old.

I think he was mostly upset that I just gave it away for free without a second though to its perceived value.

Ah ok so you are alright with new and casual players being preyed upon, good to know.

Do tell me what are the universal rules of trade because I genuinely don't know? I’ve only played for a couple of years so please educate me since you have much more experience.
I'm not alright with nothing. Anyone who capable of using any PC should be smart enough to write down any some words on Google and make any search to learn about something. And if they are actually happy with their trade, it is also ok. So, it is not that hard to prevent yourself from being preyed upon. Main idea: Don't be lazy ever!
Universal rule of trade is not about only this game but also everything being traded: Buy low, sell high, as much as possible. And everyone has their opinion about this, ethical or unethical. I don't do that, you don't do that, most of us here do that, but it is independent of anyone's perspective about it.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
I dunno about any of that. If incould come up with one univeraal rule of trade it would simply be.

'What i do with what I purchase is not the sellers business.'

And as far as the sellers are concerned, I couldn't really care less, they are scum of the earth for the most part.

Corpus drones and capitalist pigs don't get respect from me. Outside of common human decency.

I'm not alright with nothing. Anyone who capable of using any PC should be smart enough to write down any some words on Google and make any search to learn about something. And if they are actually happy with their trade, it is also ok. So, it is not that hard to prevent yourself from being preyed upon. Main idea: Don't be lazy ever!
Universal rule of trade is not about only this game but also everything being traded: Buy low, sell high, as much as possible. And everyone has their opinion about this, ethical or unethical. I don't do that, you don't do that, most of us here do that, but it is independent of anyone's perspective about it.

M1ck 457

Europe PC
Thank you for the information. I wonder how many other users on the forum also do not know the universal rule of trade. Which in a way proves my point, you are making a lot of assumptions.

What happens if the person is not as capable as yourself or has a disability?

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Locked.

Let's be honest here, despite adding some detail on the process behind arbitrage in D2:R, this is effectively just a continuation of a topic that Teebling had locked for a reason. Even if the OP may not have intended it as such, responses immediately went straight back into the exact same thing.

This overall discussion of "arbitrage/buy-low-sell-high = good/bad/healthy" is as old as markets themselves and no amount of discussion here is going to finally bring it to a satisfying conclusion for everyone. There will always be folks who feel someone is being taken advantage of. Others who feel it is everyone's own responsibility to educate themselves before making voluntary decisions. And others who feel there's nothing wrong to begin with as it creates a healthy exchange and eventual equilibrium amongst various different markets. Among plenty of other points of view...

Hence closing this (much like the initial topic was closed before it) so as to limit further derailing into merely more name-calling and insult-slinging.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...