Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
34 replies   1243 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
wacce wrote: 1 month ago
I do get the sense for these kinds of services being possibly scummy. A portion of the player base will have a strong urge for things being uniform/perfect, and there's plenty of game companies out there exploiting this exact urge.

From the perspective where one doesn't have this compulsion, the service is simply a high end option for those who have enough game Wealth to spend around. But inevitably you will catch those too that don't have that excess Wealth, but are urged to pay regardless (in-game or outside of it).

To me it doesn't appear clear cut one way or the other, but the price of the service will somewhat correlate to the scummy-o-meter.
True enough, i read thru these polarizing thoughts & views - there is no conclusion making it grey.

Also
Shout
out to @azeroti for coming out of the woodwork to "explain" himself. (though that wasn't the intent as i blocked out the profile name)

But i agree with @wacce in yes...it is scummy 50% , scammy 50%.

For those that's more inclined towards the OCD type, or even mildly particular about it - they may find themselves willingly / unwillingly to proceed with such a trade.

Scummy because the seller is capitalizing on this which other than aesthetics - does not contribute any power to the user.
sounds familiar ?
sounds familiar ?
Scammy because hey...there are others, including myself who would gladly make a 1-1 exchange that's mutually beneficial. At no cost.

How prevalent is this one might ask. Would such trading ethics endure long enough or should such unethical behavior be normalized instead?

Imagine more of such posts poping up like mushrooms asking for additional payment in return for a mere skin swap on other kinds of charms..or rings..or amulets.

#1 Seller on diablo.io

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.
OP
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago
I agree with Schnorki and azeroti. The trade is not deceptive, and I'm sure it fills an existing need. The posts probably wouldn't still be up if no one was buying the skin swaps.

I'm by no means at the point in my D2R journey where I'd pay a
Jah
for a specific charm skin, but I can 100% see the appeal for those who can afford it.
Just a correction on text captioned in green

All sales post can be bumped within / without limits until marked as sold or zeroized.

For instance, i've had a perfect
Lidless Wall
chilling for more than 6 months until sold for 7 Jahs recently.

If you dived into the micro for this particular charm the history does state what is paid for each completed trade, and the last "skin" swap was achieved slightly under half a season ago...so yes there are 'rich' buyers but the take up rate does not seem to be popular with the targeted niche pool at all!

#1 Seller on diablo.io

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.
It's only as scammy as any other cosmetic "upgrade". I don't consider it a worthwhile expenditure, but people pay for cosmetics in games all the time.

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
If someone here happens to have this
Wand
, someone is willing to pay around 600
Jah
worth for the graphic swap.

azeroti#1149
PC/PS/Switch
Selling ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details

M1ck 455

Europe PC
azeroti wrote: 1 month ago
Wand
Jah
That's amazing, I love it.

I mean that's a GG White. Assume not, but anybody know if that's shopable at act 2? Asking for a friend...
OP
I was wondering when that scam site would be mentioned...

sure enough ..

#1 Seller on diablo.io

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.

M1ck 455

Europe PC
Skaijuice wrote: 1 month ago

sure enough ..
It's not a scam site though. It's literally the only option for super valuable items.

Especially anything PVP related.

Schnorki 3667Moderator

PC
Wand
Jah
Seems justified. 20+ years and I'm still searching for the ideal White base..alas no such luck on any
Wand
type. If I were to finally ever find the one I'm after and have it be anything other than a
Ghost Wand
, you best believe I'd pay out the nose to swap that thing.
(And probably still wait 20 more years for someone to even have a
Ghost Wand
version to swap to..)

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
Scammy because hey...there are others, including myself who would gladly make a 1-1 exchange that's mutually beneficial. At no cost.
I think that's the rub here. the "mutually beneficial" part. If it wasn't beneficial for you, would you even bother with offering a skin swap? It doesn't appear that azeroti cares about skins himself. So, if he didn't care. Why would he bother to even list the skin swap option in the first place? He wouldn't offer it, meaning that's just one less option for someone.

Nobody Almost nobody does anything for free. Even my own "free" console to PC swap player service is not fully altruistic; it has a benefit for me. Sure, I don't accept payment. But each transfer keeps the xbox community that much more alive, delaying my inevitable full-time shift from playing D2 on console to PC (which I don't want to do).

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
Wand
Jah
Seems justified. 20+ years and I'm still searching for the ideal White base..alas no such luck on any
Wand
type. If I were to finally ever find the one I'm after and have it be anything other than a
Ghost Wand
, you best believe I'd pay out the nose to swap that thing.
(And probably still wait 20 more years for someone to even have a
Ghost Wand
version to swap to..)
I don't play necro very much at all, so excuse the ignorance of my question, but what is the hype for a
Ghost Wand
? Is it aesthetics or does it have some game mechanic benefit over a different type of
Wand
?

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Schnorki 3667Moderator

PC
[..]
I don't play necro very much at all, so excuse the ignorance of my question, but what is the hype for a
Ghost Wand
? Is it aesthetics or does it have some game mechanic benefit over a different type of
Wand
?
A combination of looks (which here, unlike charm skins, you actually see on your character) plus a matter of Principle (must be the elite version! :P).

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.

d2jsp 89

PC
M1ck wrote: 1 month ago
It's not a scam site though. It's literally the only option for super valuable items.

Hey guyz! Can anyone explain to me what is a scam site? I'm not talking about d2jsp, but about the definition.

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️
I would call a scam site any site that either uses deceptive tactics to get something for nothing or a site that never had anything to begin with that farms your data/money.

It's why I do t consider this a scam, just kinda scummy taxation at what I would consider exorbant price.

Scummy like politics, not scammy like a guy wearing a trenchcoat selling rolexes for 10$. Either way, dirty.
flamebellow wrote: 1 month ago

Hey guyz! Can anyone explain to me what is a scam site? I'm not talking about d2jsp, but about the definition.
OP

sure enough ..

I would back out of discussing the merits of JSP in my thread because history has thought us one thing for sure - and that is for every one person that condones the use of that site, there will be another that argues against it..

So i would digress and veer off the path on this.

#1 Seller on diablo.io

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.
OP
I think that's the rub here. the "mutually beneficial" part. If it wasn't beneficial for you, would you even bother with offering a skin swap? It doesn't appear that azeroti cares about skins himself. So, if he didn't care. Why would he bother to even list the skin swap option in the first place? He wouldn't offer it, meaning that's just one less option for someone.

Nobody Almost nobody does anything for free. Even my own "free" console to PC swap player service is not fully altruistic; it has a benefit for me. Sure, I don't accept payment. But each transfer keeps the xbox community that much more alive, delaying my inevitable full-time shift from playing D2 on console to PC (which I don't want to do).
The difference is some of us actually use the stuff that is being swapped. Shocking i know! And it remains up until somebody comes around looking (eventually it will)

But precisely because he doesn't care - and has nothing to lose but everything to gain is he doing this right? But then there is also where you are wrong too - If he does care to use it, he would just offer a straight 1-1 swap at no additional cost to the receiving party. Of course, I would argue Buyer has all the power..and can overpay as we can see from that White
Wand
. So who needs who more will determine the swing.

Btw - if anyone has a perfect Shimmering SC of Balance in the bearpaw and wants a football in return on NL - HMU :)

#1 Seller on diablo.io

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...