Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   713 views

Description

I am debating on crafting Oath again. First time around I put it in am ethereal weapon. Not sure what exactly, but I didn't like that I couldn't recharge the thing.

Also.didnt like that I couldn't keep my golems around, but that was then and this is now. (D2-lod PC vs d2r ps4/5).

I have
Metalgrid
so the accidental swapping isn't really an issue as far as the iron goes is concerned, and I really don't care that much about the golem.

Heart of the wolverine however is another story.

Anyway, I am thinking of making a barbarian based off of
Wolfhowl
and am back to thinking about Oath. (Might have one crafted somewhere already, i really should check before investing runes).

Either way, what would a decent base for it be for use on a barbarian. Not sure if I would want it as an off hand weapon or main. One handed or two, I just know that I would want to be able to recharge it, so an ethereal base is out-of the question.

Also unsure if I would want it in the elite
Flail
Axe
or a sword. I was thinking clubs. But I amnopen to suggestions.
Description by BoringTitle

Can be used to make Runewords:

I am debating on crafting Oath again. First time around I put it in am ethereal weapon. Not sure what exactly, but I didn't like that I couldn't recharge the thing.

Also.didnt like that I couldn't keep my golems around, but that was then and this is now. (D2-lod PC vs d2r ps4/5).

I have
Metalgrid
so the accidental swapping isn't really an issue as far as the iron goes is concerned, and I really don't care that much about the golem.

Heart of the wolverine however is another story.

Anyway, I am thinking of making a barbarian based off of
Wolfhowl
and am back to thinking about Oath. (Might have one crafted somewhere already, i really should check before investing runes).

Either way, what would a decent base for it be for use on a barbarian. Not sure if I would want it as an off hand weapon or main. One handed or two, I just know that I would want to be able to recharge it, so an ethereal base is out-of the question.

Also unsure if I would want it in the elite
Flail
Axe
or a sword. I was thinking clubs. But I amnopen to suggestions.

Schnorki 3627Moderator

PC
I always rather enjoyed Oath. Not quite the best of the best, naturally, but perfectly solid and somehow just fun.

Would stick to an
Eth
. base though. Sure, HoW sounds nice but not only does it die easy, it also tends to ultimately offer less benefit.

Simplified: weapon-based phys dmg = weapon base dmg *
Eth
factor * weapon ed * other ed

Eth
hence means you get a flat 50% increase in (weapon based physical) damage as it is an independent modifier.

HoW on the other hand has its 125% ed rolled into the general 'other ed'. To have that end up giving you 50% more dmg, your total other ED would have to not exceed 250% without HoW. So if you use fort, you're already past it. If you have a bit of str and/or some gems and whatnot, you're probably also already past it. If you use an actual attack skill rather than normal swings, you're certainly already past it. Hell, your weapon mastery + str alone should more than take you past it not considering anything else. Sure, you get a bit of AR as well which never hurts (esp. on a barb) but also rolls into other %ar so isn't quite as much as it sounds. And if you dual wield the other weapon offsets the '
Eth
v HoW' factor a bit. As does your non-phys dmg. As does raw +dmg (charms and such).
But either way, getting a lvl 16 HoW to outperform your weapon being
Eth
is actually quite unlikely. Even ignoring the fact that it'll keep dying and dropping off. Even if you maximize the "not Oath" part of your dmg to the point of dual wielding it with Grief and using a stack of max dmg charms, you're still usually better off just using an
Eth
Oath and ignoring HoW instead.

As for the actual base, that depends on your intended playstyle (1h v 2h, skill choices, ..) as well as the remainder of your gear (IAS breakpoints).

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
I might just be able to off hand it.
Feral Rage
isn't going to care. Not optimal though as I was hoping to get away with offhanding Crescent Moon for wolves while wearing Stone for
Clay Golem

But I totally agree, there are several other ways of getting access to a heart of the wolverine anyway.
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
I always rather enjoyed Oath. Not quite the best of the best, naturally, but perfectly solid and somehow just fun.

Would stick to an
Eth
. base though. Sure, HoW sounds nice but not only does it die easy, it also tends to ultimately offer less benefit.

Eth

Eth
hence means you get a flat 50% increase in (weapon based physical) damage as it is an independent modifier.

HoW on the other hand has its 125% ed rolled into the general 'other ed'. To have that end up giving you 50% more dmg, your total other ED would have to not exceed 250% without HoW. So if you use fort, you're already past it. If you have a bit of str and/or some gems and whatnot, you're probably also already past it. If you use an actual attack skill rather than normal swings, you're certainly already past it. Hell, your weapon mastery + str alone should more than take you past it not considering anything else. Sure, you get a bit of AR as well which never hurts (esp. on a barb) but also rolls into other %ar so isn't quite as much as it sounds. And if you dual wield the other weapon offsets the '
Eth
v HoW' factor a bit. As does your non-phys dmg. As does raw +dmg (charms and such).
Eth
is actually quite unlikely. Even ignoring the fact that it'll keep dying and dropping off. Even if you maximize the "not Oath" part of your dmg to the point of dual wielding it with Grief and using a stack of max dmg charms, you're still usually better off just using an
Eth

As for the actual base, that depends on your intended playstyle (1h v 2h, skill choices, ..) as well as the remainder of your gear (IAS breakpoints).
BoringTitle wrote: 1 month ago
Feral Rage
isn't going to care. Not optimal though as I was hoping to get away with offhanding Crescent Moon for wolves while wearing Stone for
Clay Golem

But I totally agree, there are several other ways of getting access to a heart of the wolverine anyway.

Would stick to an
Eth

Eth

Eth

Eth
Eth
Eth

Wouldn't it make more sense to Off-Hand a Beast, at that point?

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
OP
Ber
runes consistently elude me.
Aelanwyr wrote: 1 month ago
Feral Rage
Clay Golem

Would stick to an
Eth

Eth

Eth

Eth
Eth
Eth

Ber
Feral Rage
Clay Golem

You on switch? I have one I could trade for something.

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
OP
Everything I have I picked up myself or another of my usual group found while we were in the same server. Plus I'm a psn player right now.

Oh, I'll find more
Ber
eventually. I always do. I really get a kick out of finally picking up the thing I sought out. Without that feeling I probably would have stopped playing long ago.

Mind you, I kinda feel like if I had Beast I would just end up slapping it on a sorceress anyway. Double Dream bear sounds fun to me.
Ber

OP
Thank you very much for the offer though.
Ber

OP
Bleh, the other reason for not wanting to use Beast is that it isn't wolf themed and I already have a Faith bow. Also. I am not 100% behind Stone, but
Clay Golem
is
Clay Golem
and I already have it kicking around.
OP
Lmao, after some soul searching, it would seem I forgot that the Spirit wolves shatter corpses on occasion.

I completely forgot that they did cold damage. (Not sure that they always did).

So yes, at this point it is likely Beast would definitely be a better option for this build. Pretty sure I have max attack speed as it is mind you. And I don't think I need any more to hit chance.

Probably just going to stick with Alibaba or
Gull

Feral Rage
Clay Golem

Would stick to an
Eth

Eth

Eth

Eth
Eth
Eth

Feral Rage
Clay Golem

Would stick to an
Eth

Eth

Eth

Eth
Eth
Eth

Don't the wolves despawn when you switch off of Cresent Moon?
OP
Yup, it's why I figured I would try it as an off hand weapon on a
Werewolf
barbarian. Best of both worlds and
Battle Orders
would make it so they have decent hp.

It works, but shattering bodies on a worker isn't desirable. The dire wolves eat bodies too which is less than optimal, but I know how to keep them fed on garbage enemies luring them away from champ/named corpses.

Either way it ended up not mattering anyway.
DilloniousT wrote: 1 month ago
Feral Rage
Clay Golem

Would stick to an
Eth

Eth

Eth

Eth
Eth
Eth

OP
The build definitely does work though, so there at least is that. Went with talrashas chest instead of Stone though.

(
Wolfhowl
, cat's eye amulet/
Metalgrid
, talrashas chest,
Chance Guards
Goblin Toe
Boots
, Grief/Unbending Will/Oath/Kingslayer as options for main hand, offhand Crescent Moon/Beast/
Gull
/alibaba/jade tan do pretty much whatever. On switch though Spirit
Monarch
and Kingslayer for the inevitable d clone.

Ring options carryon Wind,
Wisp Projector
are options. Same with bull kathos or whatever.

Gold wrap
Belt
DilloniousT wrote: 1 month ago
Feral Rage
Clay Golem

Would stick to an
Eth

Eth

Eth

Eth
Eth
Eth

OP
Also toying with the idea of
Cranebeak
as an off hand choice. I would be more adamant about using
Carrion Wind
if carrionnvine didn't crash the game (psn).

Oh and I have also thought about hoto on switch for +5 to
Werewolf
/
Lycanthropy
/
Feral Rage
/battle ordrts. But it really seems unnecessary.

Also
Battle Orders
vs
Oak Sage
- its great to not have to worry about
Oak Sage
dying randomly.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation