Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   307 views

Description

Hey guys,

So I've been coming across this guy on both duels and BH (for a while now) that just joins with this broken kicksin and start trolling like a noob would. I'm sure many of you came across the guy lol, but I want to know what his build is cause I don't get what makes him nigh-immortal, any of you have any idea?

Each day I'm more convinced Mosaic should be banned.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey guys,

So I've been coming across this guy on both duels and BH (for a while now) that just joins with this broken kicksin and start trolling like a noob would. I'm sure many of you came across the guy lol, but I want to know what his build is cause I don't get what makes him nigh-immortal, any of you have any idea?

Whenever a Mosaicsin joins the game I'm in, I leave immediately. I hate this build and everything it stands for (todays Blizzard).

ElSolDolLol
PabloSL wrote: 2 days ago
Hey guys,

I like Mosaic. 💙

🏴‍☠️

Necrarch 1841Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Well, the main issue with Mosaic is that it sent the MA sin from trash to off the roof. But it's actually very hard to balance : let the charges expire and you fall in the initial issues of spending half time recharging,

Perhaps simply add a limit to the stackable charges (e.g. 10 max, so 3 PS, 3 of one element, 3 TS, 1 CS ?)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3373Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 5 hours ago
Well, the main issue with Mosaic is that it sent the MA sin from trash to off the roof. But it's actually very hard to balance : let the charges expire and you fall in the initial issues of spending half time recharging,

Perhaps simply add a limit to the stackable charges (e.g. 10 max, so 3 PS, 3 of one element, 3 TS, 1 CS ?)
The main issue with
Charge
-dropping is/was that the
Charge
-up attacks are not only crap but also leave you quite vulnerable as compared to most other better builds. So you actively spent most of your time doing something that was in itself relatively pointless and unnecessarily risky only to then have a split second of feeling like a real build (or a god, depending) before reverting back to uselessness.

That's also why Mosaic is so binary / was pointless trash on the PTR when it wasn't 50% each / is never used with just one of them, as anything but "reliably always up" still leaves you with the required assumption of reverting back to trash.

Balancing Mosaic isn't really much harder than other builds, you'd merely have to get blizz to actually care about balancing. At all. I mean...Mosaic isn't THAT overpowered if you compare it to other stupidly overpowered stuff we've had for ages. It just brought sins more in line with the pre-existing "god tier" of this game. Though they do get there for significantly lower cost than basically anyone else. Compared to "normal" builds, they are of course crazy OP but so are many other things.
Such is the nature of most multi-class games and especially Blizz games (they've never been good at balancing anything other than Starcraft..or rather, they've always made it quite obvious that they don't really care about actual balancing).

Balancing mosaics via a total
Charge
limit is actually not a bad idea, seeing how that'd
Cap
their performance while at the same time not really affecting non-Mosaic sins (the two that still exist ^^) as they generally won't get there without charges dropping anyways.

Alternatively, one could always adjust how mosaics themselves work and for example counterbalance the keeping of charges with adding a short cooldown on finishers. Simple numerical balancing at that point albeit probably not the most fun approach from a gameplay perspective.

Adjusting the skills themselves is of course also an option but probably the worst approach possible as balancing those around Mosaic (i.e. nerfing them a fair bit) would just make non-Mosaic MA sins even dumber than they already were.

I would say though that all of the Mosaic "issues" (if any) are rather PvE centric. In terms of (proper) PvP, they're perfectly fine as is (or fairly weak actually) since they shouldn't get the chance to
Charge
up to begin with..if they do get to full charges, they kinda deserve to be defaulted a win after that. :P

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...