Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   329 views
1

Do worth craft "end game" items with ilevel 70- (which will not guarantee 4 affixes)?

No data yet

2

Description

Hi

According to
https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/i ... tems.shtml
The chance of a crafted item being created with 4 affixes (max) is based on the item final ilevel:
----
At ilvls 1-30, there's a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
At ilvls 71+, there's a 100% chance of 4 affixes.
----
So, to garantte 4 affixes you have to create a item of ilevel 71+.

I saw on other thread people saying that they craft items on lower levels to limit the available affixes.
Do this really worth for crafted itens?
Seem to me that the reduced affixes list on lower levels, do not surpass the guarantee chance of more affixes on higher levels πŸ€”
Description by fredkid
5

Can be used to make Runewords:

7
Hi

According to
https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/i ... tems.shtml
The chance of a crafted item being created with 4 affixes (max) is based on the item final ilevel:
----
At ilvls 1-30, there's a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
At ilvls 71+, there's a 100% chance of 4 affixes.
----
So, to garantte 4 affixes you have to create a item of ilevel 71+.

I saw on other thread people saying that they craft items on lower levels to limit the available affixes.
Do this really worth for crafted itens?
Seem to me that the reduced affixes list on lower levels, do not surpass the guarantee chance of more affixes on higher levels πŸ€”

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
7
User avatar

Schnorki 3134Moderator

PC
Ultimately, the answer would be simple math.
What's not so simple though and highly variable is the number of possible affixes at 71+ vs. the ones left at what you would limit it to which is based on both, the item type and the exact levels you're looking at.

Theoretically, by dropping in level, you may be able to remove enough affixes to where the decrease in affix pool size makes up for the 20% factor off the lower level. Just a quick look (prior to my morning coffee being finished so take it with a grain of salt ^^) says that that cutoff would be somewhere around the 33% mark. So if you can remove more than about 1/3 of possible affixes by dropping lvl, it'd be worth it. If not, then not.
Exact cutoff would actually require splitting prefix and suffix as well which again depends on item, level and so on but it at least gives you a general idea.
7
OP
Make sense πŸ‘

But the chance to get a specific affix is even based of the total affixes available? If not the calculation is very complex 😬😬

And for this calculation, affixes of the same group (like all that gives Poison Resist) count as one affix (the "poison resist group") or each count as a different one to calculate the chance?
(In the first case you would need to use a lower level enough to remove all affixes of the "group" to increase your changes to get other affix)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
7
OP
From the https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/ numbers, seems like the first case: the game first chooses the "affix group" of each affix of the item, and then determine the values (the sepcific affix) πŸ€”
It is the "Odds of rolling selected mods" x "Odds of rolling selected values or higher" on items.
The first one do not change as you change the values on each affix (what changes the specific affix, but keeps the "affix group")

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
9

Advertisment

Hide ads
999

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads
 

 

 

 

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation