Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
80 replies   3588 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Oh, thought of a few other ideas... if you have an ID or Portal Tome that is not full and you run over a scroll on the Ground, automatically pick it up and place into tome (like with gold).

Same Principle for
Belt
slots. Although this would probably require more complicated code. But if you have a potion on a
Belt
column slot but with empty slots above it, and run across a matching potion, auto pick it up. Same for Full Rejuvs, etc. That way the
Belt
should usually be full most of the time without having to micro-manage it. Coding for that might require toggling what that
Belt
slot is supposed to hold, or something like that.
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
1) Fix bugs
2) Online /players x
3) Perhaps a proper game search/lobby
...done. Ideally, no touching/changing of the core game itself.

Alas, #1 is already too big an ask for blizz. So..mweh

Edit/added:
4) Extend TZs to be a new difficulty, across all acts/zones, rather than based on pure dumb luck in terms of having the right timing for the right zone in your game hours.
Of all the things you mentioned, I didn't realize how badly I want #2 until I read it.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Rik 132

Americas PC
Devlinus wrote: 1 month ago
Oh, thought of a few other ideas... if you have an ID or Portal Tome that is not full and you run over a scroll on the Ground, automatically pick it up and place into tome (like with gold).

Same Principle for
Belt
slots. Although this would probably require more complicated code. But if you have a potion on a
Belt
column slot but with empty slots above it, and run across a matching potion, auto pick it up. Same for Full Rejuvs, etc. That way the
Belt
should usually be full most of the time without having to micro-manage it. Coding for that might require toggling what that
Belt
We already got both these on Xbox :p

Granted, just sorting stuff in inventory on console in general is terrible and time consuming vs console. But if you pay attention, you can chug and chug and never have to go to your inventory to put potions in your
Belt
. However,
Teleport
, while still essential, is terrible for console vs pc. Targeting in general kind of sux. It makes blizzard,
Teleport
and thus hammers much less useful. However reclining on a couch with a controller in hand vs being hunched over a computer and mouse is priceless.
Rik wrote: 1 month ago

Same Principle for
Belt
Belt
Belt
Belt

Granted, just sorting stuff in inventory on console in general is terrible and time consuming vs console. But if you pay attention, you can chug and chug and never have to go to your inventory to put potions in your
Belt
. However,
Teleport
, while still essential, is terrible for console vs pc. Targeting in general kind of sux. It makes blizzard,
Teleport
and thus hammers much less useful. However reclining on a couch with a controller in hand vs being hunched over a computer and mouse is priceless.
I think he means that you can just walk over the potion or scroll and it will automatically pick it up, like it does with gold. I play xbox and I still have to click 'A' to pick those items up. Granted they go directly to my
Belt
or Tomb, but I think it does that too on PC.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Rik 132

Americas PC
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago
Rik wrote: 1 month ago

Same Principle for
Belt
Belt
Belt
Belt

Belt
. However,
Teleport
Teleport
I think he means that you can just walk over the potion or scroll and it will automatically pick it up, like it does with gold. I play xbox and I still have to click 'A' to pick those items up. Granted they go directly to my
Belt
or Tomb, but I think it does that too on PC.
Ah, my bad! That would be nice. I misclick on the greater potions all the time
As someone with almost 4 lvl 99s, I would love for them to add in lvl 99 tzones with increased density or something of the sort. Shame to have tzone difficulty
Cap
out at 96.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
One and only ask. A modernization of the potion system. Let us level them up w/ currency and collect them from the Ground automatically. Similar to D3 and D4. I doubt many people LOVE managing potions.
Definitely a lot that could make it better...
  • A lotta bug fixes; I've noticed a lot of visual bugs in the classic visuals, for instance: lightning segment sprites aren't rotated to match their direction, the pop-up for
    Charsi
    's Imbue &
    The Horadric Staff
    receptacle aren't centered, etc.
  • Improvements to auto-pickups: I saw this mentioned as well, but +1 for not having to click/press B to pick up potions, scrolls, keys, as well as
    Arrows
    &
    Bolts
  • Improvements to controller targeting. For 90% of the game the controller targeting is great, but it's a bit irksome how it favors certain targets, like aiming for enemies that are obstructed, and how
    Holy Bolt
    will snap to targeting your merc a bit too aggressively. Might also be nice for a way to target
    Leap Attack
    & Shield
    Charge
    to escape enemies, rather than home in on them.
  • Some minor QoL behavior improvements might be nice, like flying monsters still dropping loot if they die over impassible terrain. (most notable in
    The Arcane Sanctuary
    or basement levels in Act 5, where you can easily be screwed out of drops from enemies hovering over pits. Doubly so for the latter given how much the
    Willowisp
    and
    Succubus
    like to park over pits and range you.
  • A small nitpick, but fixing a pet peeve of mine that curses wipe away all shrine buffs. It never ceases to irk me when I grab an EXP shrine and (almost without fail) like 5 seconds later a unique cursed mob hits my merc a screen away from me and still wipes off the buff to apply a curse.
Beyond that, there's bigger things that could be considered, but might be less "improvements" and more "broader balance changes."
  • Rebalance some skills to be useful later on (e.g,
    Nova
    comes to mind, and also a lot of melee skills) or some to be useful at all. (
    Thunder Storm
    feels like a worse
    Holy Shock
    that you can accidentally forget to renew)
  • Improve some of the clearly-bad runewords (Venom is a real head-scratcher for a solid mid rune) and perhaps some uniques/set items as well that were clearly power-creeped into uselessness.
  • Maybe tweak Terror zones to have something a bit more engaging than "spam teleport around until you mop up the elite packs, reset the instance" over and over for an hour; something more involved such as letting gold chests drop charms, and perhaps terrorizing enough zones that you'd progress through a lot more before resetting might be nice.
I just want my Act 2 Merc to grow a second brain cell.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

I would boost more of the Unique items in the game to help get them used more. Some of them really are just garbage and they are super hard to find like a high rune they should compete with Rune words.

If I don't list anything specific for what I want for it just make an offer.
I'd return
Iron Maiden
for Oblivion Knights

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM
2) Online /players x+++++

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
Morder07 wrote: 1 month ago
I'd return
Iron Maiden
for Oblivion Knights
No way! That was insta-Death for melee characters!

Back in 1.0/1.1, my Zealot had more deaths to
Iron Maiden
from off-screen than all other sources put together.

However, if the Oblivion Knights had a nerfed non-instadeath version, I would support that.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

I'd return
Iron Maiden
for Oblivion Knights
You will quickly notice no melee'ers will farm CS then.

There's a reason why that was taken out decades ago.

Also, HC fanatics will fill pages about this topic alone..so let's not jump the gun and remain status quo.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
I'd return
Iron Maiden
for Oblivion Knights
May as well just make every monster die like a
Bone Fetish
while you're at it.

It's bad enough that DoH is painful melee, but giving monsters strong damage reflection has long-since been known to be a "no fun allowed" mechanic. Nothing beats having to notice the curse in time to know that you... Have to portal back/wait out the curse, since while it's up there's no way to avoid dying if you fight monsters. It's no longer a "skill issue" as there's no way to "play around" it; it's just a flat out "you can't do gameplay right now" thing.

That's why pretty much every ARPG recognized that such "monsters reflect damage" mechanic was garbage and got rid of it; it's not just D2, merely that D2 was probably the first to figure that out.
Just joking lads, I'm not that evil :D

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM
Probably leaning on the wilder side of ideas but I think these could make the game more fun.

1. More miscellaneous skills. E.g. 'Command' skill that gets your merc + summons to walk to target location or target specific monsters.
# Managing summons without
Teleport
is pain. Waheed could also use some guidance.

2. Remove class restrictions on some unique mods to turn them into oskills. For example:
-
Spire of Lazarus
giving access to Lightning,
Chain Lightning
and
Static Field

-
Ume's Lament
giving access to
Decrepify
and
Terror

-
The Redeemer
giving access to
Redemption
and
Holy Bolt

-
Heart Carver
giving access to
Grim Ward
Find Item
, and
Find Potion

# Some more weapon switch options outside of CTA + Spirit or
Teleport
staves would be nice.

3. Make every
Charge
based skill replenish charges over time (possibly 1
Charge
every 60 seconds?)
# Save for
Teleport
and
Enchant
charges there's barely any skill charges worth casting because of the prohibitive cost. You could repair it in town or with runes but either way it saps the fun out of having access to skills outside of your class.

4. Make light radius also affect pickup radius for gold
# The stat is nearly useless for the most part and people probably want more gold pickup

5. Add more effects to some item bases depending on if they are Normal, Exceptional or Elite:
- Regenerate Mana % to Wands
- + % Faster Cast Rate to Orbs
- + to Mana to Staves
- % Chance of Open Wounds to Daggers
# There's practically no reason to upgrade wands staves and orbs. At most I could see an
Enchant
Sorceress doing it but outside of that it literally just makes it harder to equip.

6. Buff Energy attribute. Give it +1 FCR every 5 points or hell, +1 all skills every 50 points.
# Save for sorceress using
Energy Shield
, most other builds just go points into str to equip gear, points into dex until max block, nothing to energy, everything else to vitality. Why not change 'nothing to energy' to 'enough to hit next fcr breakpoint'

7. Buff Sets / Make them fit specific themes more:
Infernal Tools:
- Change 6% Mana Stolen Per hit to + 2 Mana per kill
- Change + 8 poison damage over 3 seconds into + fire absorb
- Change + 10 per clvl Attack rating to + 0.25 per clvl Firebolt oskill
# I'll never understand mana stolen per hit on wands. Also, it literally has infernal in its name and it has nothing to do with fire...

Berserker's Arsenal:
- Change + 5-9 poison damage over 3 seconds to +% Crushing Blow
- Add Damage reduced by 10% to full set bonus
- Add + 0.1 per clvl
Berserk
oskill to full set bonus
# Set is pretty bad. If it gives access to
Berserk
from as early as level 10 it could be mildly interesting to at least put the weapon on offhand early on.

The Disciple:
- Add 15 Life After Each Demon Kill to full set bonus
- Move 10 strength from
Belt
to some other piece
# Demon heal seems in line with the +350% damage to demons. The +10 Strength being on the set piece with the highest strength requirement seems kinda counterintuitive. Might not need the buff since it already has some good items by itself.

Orphan's Call:
- Change Attacker Takes Damage of 5 to Faster Hit Recovery 20%
# Attacker takes damage of 5 pretty much useless by the point you get to the 3 piece set bonus (level 37). Shield has good block chance and rate already and might be more useful to have FHR for when you fail a block. Might not need the buff since it already has some good items by itself.

Heaven's Brethren:
- Add Level 10
Sanctuary Aura
when equipped to full set bonus
- Add Level 8
Redemption
aura when equipped to full set bonus
# Level 81 to wear full set and doesn't really give enough to beat other lategame gear. Giving it Sanctuary +
Redemption
could make it a fun anti undead set.

8.Increased density for monsters and elites in TZ level 96 and up
# TZ already kinda caps out at lvl 95.
NecroSandro wrote: 1 month ago
Probably leaning on the wilder side of ideas but I think these could make the game more fun.

4. Make light radius also affect pickup radius for gold
# The stat is nearly useless for the most part and people probably want more gold pickup

Re: Light Radius

I've had a reference about that right here.

forums/wait-act-4-has-a-new-quest-t1469016.html

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
1. More miscellaneous skills. E.g. 'Command' skill that gets your merc + summons to walk to target location or target specific monsters.
# Managing summons without
Teleport
is pain. Waheed could also use some guidance.
Druid's Ravens have the targeting mechanic, but you need to summon another
Raven
on an enemy. This should be a generic skill, like normal attack or unsummon.
2. Remove class restrictions on some unique mods to turn them into oskills. (...)
# Some more weapon switch options outside of CTA + Spirit or
Teleport
staves would be nice.

3. Make every
Charge
based skill replenish charges over time (possibly 1
Charge
every 60 seconds?)
# Save for
Teleport
and
Enchant
charges there's barely any skill charges worth casting because of the prohibitive cost. You could repair it in town or with runes but either way it saps the fun out of having access to skills outside of your class.
Most skills can be divided into synergy-dependent (such as Lightning) or one point wonders (such as
Find Item
). The former are useless as oskills. Speaking of the latter, I'm afraid that players would not respect the main+switch weapon option and just carry additional items with oskills (likely in the Cube). This is already common for pre-buffing, especially in PvP. Also, classes would be homogenized even further (which already happened in 1.10 with oskills like
Teleport
and
Battle Orders
).
I like the idea of replenishing charges (although they are affected by the lack of synergies too).
#1 Bug Fixes
#2 Bug Fixes
#3 Better interface for finding online games
#4 In-game achievement of some kind (
Standard of Heroes
) for opening a massive shared stash

We wouldn't need more character slots (or as many) if we didn't have to have stupid mules.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...