Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   12231 views

Description

It all happened too fast for me to switch to either my
Lightning Fury
Javazon or Hammerdin, so when Dclone suddenly popped a few minutes ago, I had no choice but to give it a try with my
Poison Nova
Necro – notoriously bad at boss takedowns.

I'm pleasantly surprised to say that it only took a couple of minutes and I could even finish him off without my Act 2 Might (and Infinity) merc, with just my
Iron Golem
(Insight) for company.

Impressed!

(P.S. the resulting Anni's only redeeming feature was +10% to experience = 13/10/10)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Lightning Fury
Javazon or Hammerdin, so when Dclone suddenly popped a few minutes ago, I had no choice but to give it a try with my
Poison Nova

I'm pleasantly surprised to say that it only took a couple of minutes and I could even finish him off without my Act 2 Might (and Infinity) merc, with just my
Iron Golem
(Insight) for company.

Impressed!

(P.S. the resulting Anni's only redeeming feature was +10% to experience = 13/10/10)

Bisu 369

PC
Nice going!

DC has high poison resistance, so that regular poison from weapon and charms isn't very effective to counter his regen. But looks like with your dedicated poison build it worked just fine.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
Nice going!

DC has high poison resistance, so that regular poison from weapon and charms isn't very effective to counter his regen. But looks like with your dedicated poison build it worked just fine.
Lower res works wonders for that.
Given, he'll still keep a fair bit of res despite that..but it works pretty well.
Zoox wrote: 1 year ago
Lightning Fury
Poison Nova

Iron Golem
(Insight) for company.

Impressed!

What's your gear?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
Nice going!

Lower res works wonders for that.
Given, he'll still keep a fair bit of res despite that..but it works pretty well.
I was trying not to panic because I was really not prepared for this fight with a pretty new build that I've not yet mastered and he's really not great at killing bosses.
I initially used
Decrepify
on him to try and slow him down but he still ripped through my merc when I had DC down to about 50% life.
With the merc down, I just jumped around him with TP but stayed close and kept pumping the
Poison Nova
with
Lower Resist
until that was that.
Pretty exciting stuff!
OP
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
Zoox wrote: 1 year ago
Lightning Fury
Poison Nova

Iron Golem
(Insight) for company.

Impressed!

What's your gear?
Gear is decent, but I was still surprised at the result:
-
Shako
with 5/5
- Enigma
-
Death's Web
with 5/5
-
Homunculus
with 5/5
-
Arachnid Mesh

- Trang's gloves
-
War Traveler

- Mara's + SoJ + BK
- (Switch is CTA and Spirit)
Your gear is actually complete but again, it's really hard to take down DClone with. Well done!

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
GG Zoox! I believe it's not an easy fight... My Bone/Poison hybrid necro always needs Urdars revives to make it happen as well (just did it that way for a 20 minutes fight requiring to get back corpses in the middle, while my Pallyfriend just does it in a minute) . :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Infinity rocks.
Prevent heal and 40%cb.
You only need to keep him alive for DC

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Slypnir wrote: 1 year ago
Infinity rocks.
Prevent heal and 40%cb.
You only need to keep him alive for DC
I'll give you the CB but PMH doesn't work on your merc (or an
Iron Golem
). Either get PMH yourself or OW/poison dmg on your merc.
Then again, doesn't really matter in this particular case since the
Poison Nova
itself will already stop his regen.

The aura itself is a nice addition though. Even with
Conviction
not helping your poison damage, it does have a typically significant impact on your merc's hit chance due to the -def, in turn causing him to apply his CB more often.
Nice going. The first time I came across him I was with my Meteorb Sorceress and I got him down to 1/4 health but I couldn't lower it further because his heal was too big. Then I also saw that he has 95% to elements but only 50% to magic.

So the next time he spawns, I am gonna Hammerdin the crap out of him. I won't need a merc either, maybe some portals to pop back into town for mana and that's it. I figure if I managed to whittle him down so much with 95% resistance, Blessed Hammers should make short work of him.

I just have to pray he won't walk while I am in bed :P

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...