Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   8913 views

Description

[Tiny rant incoming]

I don't know about all of you, but those public games claiming to have "free" items or "free
Ber
or
Jah
here" on Hell are starting to tick me off. The only reason why is because now, 8/10 times if you join one of these games it's ploy for high lvl Sorc's or Pally's to MF. They name their games things like "freeeee4" or "freeestuff2" to lure newer players in thinking they're getting help, only to just stand around wondering why there's nothing "free" on the Ground.

If I see one of these games, I'll go into it and tell the lower lvl players "They made this game to just to lure you in to MF on Players 8. There's nothing to see here." Then I'll actually give them some free items I don't need from one of my shared stash tabs, because I feel bad and actually want to help. If I'm feeling extra grumpy, I'll publicly call out the high lvls MFing >:)

If there's one thing I really hate, it's taking advantage of new players who think they're going to be helped.
Description by LuckyAce

Can be used to make Runewords:

[Tiny rant incoming]

I don't know about all of you, but those public games claiming to have "free" items or "free
Ber
or
Jah
here" on Hell are starting to tick me off. The only reason why is because now, 8/10 times if you join one of these games it's ploy for high lvl Sorc's or Pally's to MF. They name their games things like "freeeee4" or "freeestuff2" to lure newer players in thinking they're getting help, only to just stand around wondering why there's nothing "free" on the Ground.

If I see one of these games, I'll go into it and tell the lower lvl players "They made this game to just to lure you in to MF on Players 8. There's nothing to see here." Then I'll actually give them some free items I don't need from one of my shared stash tabs, because I feel bad and actually want to help. If I'm feeling extra grumpy, I'll publicly call out the high lvls MFing >:)

If there's one thing I really hate, it's taking advantage of new players who think they're going to be helped.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
I prefer the "free if you wait" ones where they at least drop their crap loot in town that they don't want.

But yeah, it is all a bit silly. Yet, it won't change unless Blizz finally sees the light and adds /players to online games.
Yeah i see those free high value items etc in hell difficulty, i assume the maker just wants ppl to join for mfing purpose, which is disgusting and really lame.

But u know, the word β€œfree” gets ppl to join those type of games regardless if its real or fake.

One thing to discourage(it might work), is get all those who joined the game just to go hostile on the maker and hunt him down? Im sure if ppl do this enough, he will get the picture. After all, dying at high level could cost one exp to drop quite abit, it also makes his mfing the game an unpleasant experience.

Overall, i never join those type of games. If they really want to give away free items, they can always make normal difficulty games and do so.

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
OP
If I have stuff I want to get rid of, I usually title it "freefornew" and empty out a single stash tab after the game fills up a bit. But like I said, seeing like 3-4 of those games open at a time in Hell bugs the heck out of me, especially the "free
Jah
here" ones

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
I actually did see someone yesterday I believe it was who really did throw solid loot around. Seemed to be making space for ladder chars so got in, dropped an entire build worth of gear + gold, left, rinse and repeat with multiple chars.

Given, nothing that I needed but it would've been a noob's wet Dream.

Ironically, that wasn't in a "freeeeee" game but he decided to randomly do that in a random game of mine.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
I actually did see someone yesterday I believe it was who really did throw solid loot around. Seemed to be making space for ladder chars so got in, dropped an entire build worth of gear + gold, left, rinse and repeat with multiple chars.

Ironically, that wasn't in a "freeeeee" game but he decided to randomly do that in a random game of mine.
What this done on hell diff? Or i assume on normal diff?

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
d2rppa69 wrote: 2 years ago

What this done on hell diff? Or i assume on normal diff?
Random hell trade game of mine
Or sometime they are creating game with attractive trading names as "N 500k gold O
Vex
" aha

And I suppose that the worst ones are the people who parasite your quest and leveling run game such as "Act1-5 starting now" by killing all the boss before you, without helping you at all
It's /p8 MF for them
It's no quest and /p8 monster lifepool + dmg for you ! and you have to make a new game and find new teamates..

Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and.. have a look at my shop ! --> member/tAnK/
OP
This is one I just came across, really a new low for these a-holes.

The title was "free keys here" in Hell mode, but people will assume they're referring to things like Dkeys, Hkeys etc. And as you can see, people are MFing in it. I hostiled them, and they all began to leave one by one.

Well, there is no free lunch. Or, you get what you pay for? Or, what's worse, the person falsely offering the loot or person looking to vulture it and getting disappointed?

About 4 months back I saw a "Free
Ber
" game. In the description it said that the
Ber
was dropped somewhere in A2. If legit, that is a pretty nice concept. Likely just a rouse to get players in looking for a mythical
Ber
though. I didn't join because my Ackbar Sense was tingling ("It's a TRAP!") and I figured at some point the person was going to hostile everyone and kill them for the lolz.
Gotta admit, that "Free keys" one is pretty funny, and if you spend more than 10 seconds in the game, that's on you, so I don't think the creator was seriously trying to scam player counts. Mario Maker isn't the only game with troll levels!
I don't understand why people don't just put "SplitMF-01" and keep it moving, because it works also.

And sometimes I do Hellcows-01 and I'll just go get leg and open it for other folks to do, while I go farm whatever else I wanted to farm like Chaos.

Just gotta be quick with the MF run you're doing before someone else tags along.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
LuckyAce wrote: 2 years ago
The title was "free keys here" in Hell mode, but people will assume they're referring to things like Dkeys, Hkeys etc.
lmao

that one was pretty good

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
OP
I’ll admit the free keys game was pretty cheeky but it’s still annoying to see stuff like this pop up in the games list lol

This game works on your desperateness so If your gullible self wants to join, then who’s stopping you? I’ve entered a game tilted β€˜free
Shako
’ and there was a White
Shako
in A1. I just LOL’ed and left. Technically the game maker wasn’t wrong. Once, I had 3ppl joining my pub trade game to mf. Then I just partied, locate and PK’ed their ass. The last person left before I could hunt him down.

I do think it’s annoying to β€˜lure’ noobs into game but no one’s pointing a gun at anyones head to join. So …the jokes on the one who joined I guess.
As someone that would rather equip a lowbie than feed
Charsi
, I make free games pretty regularly, but I make a point to name them "Free Junk" or the like to indicate that I am just decluttering things that aren't worth much but I thought I might find a use for. I only started doing this in D2R, at which point I quickly noticed that there is no better way to reach /players 8 online and finally, after all these years, realized why free game scamming was even a thing (other than the lulz)

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
The free games work a few ways: sometimes there is awesome loot that you didn't even know you wanted just sitting around and you scoop it up. Then there's the games with 7 other people just standing around waiting for nothing. In either case, you joined the game, you can't really complain about not getting free items. It's free. I make these games sometimes and empty a mule or two just for space, and I find that the first few people who join usually grab all or most of the items. It's first come, first served.
vectorViridian wrote: 6 months ago
The free games work a few ways: sometimes there is awesome loot that you didn't even know you wanted just sitting around and you scoop it up. Then there's the games with 7 other people just standing around waiting for nothing. In either case, you joined the game, you can't really complain about not getting free items. It's free. I make these games sometimes and empty a mule or two just for space, and I find that the first few people who join usually grab all or most of the items. It's first come, first served.
imagine you're doing that and then a wild mob joins, harrassing you that you should stop scamming people with free games

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
Wouldn't it be easier just to ignore such games?
I always thought of it as one of those gamer gate keeping things. If you're in the know then you just see those games and mf in them or ignore them. Sure it is kind of a prank on noobs, but if you'd rather wait around for hand outs than go get things that's on them really. It's all in good fun in the end because the name will also make that the game people ACTUALLY drop free stuff in too. What I want to know is, does this logic apply to hardcore? Because if so I'm taking the plunge, stupid PvP epics over MFing in Hardcore sounds legendary.
But yeah, it is all a bit silly. Yet, it won't change unless Blizz finally sees the light and adds /players to online games.
So I noticed a few peeps mentioning /players as an addition to what they change in D2R

But honestly, I think this would bring forward a collapse in the online community as there's little reason left to play online

You'd only be left with New Chars looking for or unwilling being Rushed to Hell

Trade Rooms / Join our
Club
Rooms .. and that's it. It will basically feel like a single player game outside from being able to trade with others

Which will leave many hopeless as they themselves can not clear
Baal
players 8 alone and discourage them from playing

So yea I think this would bring more harm then good in the end and possibly a complete collapse of the online community

It's sorta like the Rich will get more Rich and the Poor will get more Poor and divide the middle class into one of them two categories

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...