Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   1318 views

Description

Hey all,

Just sharing this build that is new to me. I always regarded defensive auras as synergies only, tops.

These days a friend of mine introduced me to his healer paladin. I gave it a tought and decided to try one myself.

Skills: Max out
Prayer
, 1 point to
Cleansing
and
Meditation
. Max out
Holy Shield
and
Defiance
, for synergy. And pick a combat skill (i chose
Fist of the Heavens
and
Holy Bolt
).

Gear:

Plague + Exile +
Guardian Angel
for max res (you need to be tanky) +
Crown of Ages
for Res and reduced physical damage (i put 2 perfect rubies for extra life, but you can socket other things).
Venom Grip
on the hands, Verdungo for that extra vitality and pick a boot that you like. I'm using
Mara's Kaleidoscope
as amulet and
Dwarf Star
and
Raven Frost
for the fire and cold absorb. Stack some charms for all res, faster hit recovery and stuff like that. I don't use any sunders at all.

You can use a CTA on the swap, for further buffing.

The merc: Act 1 merc with Bramble (even a low one), Harmony and Flickering Flame.

With this gear, you get max res on everything (95%, except Lightning, that goes up to 90%) and can stack up to 6 diferent support auras:

Activate
Meditation
with your paladin +
Defiance
(from Exile) +
Cleansing
(from Plague) +
Resist Fire
(Flickering) +
Thorns
(Bramble) +
Vigor
(Harmony). And you can heal twice with your
Prayer
, as you have Medidation and Plague activated. Im healing 120~ish hit points. If you need, put a single point in
Salvation
(its a nice addon for ubers).

You just go around and zap stuff with Foth to help out your allies. You wont kill anything (except in
Chaos Sanctuary
and places with a lot of demons and undead). Your allies will benefit from all your auras, your CTA, and will be buffed as hell. Its a really nice build for that extra kick on P8 farming.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey all,

Just sharing this build that is new to me. I always regarded defensive auras as synergies only, tops.

These days a friend of mine introduced me to his healer paladin. I gave it a tought and decided to try one myself.

Prayer
, 1 point to
Cleansing
and
Meditation
. Max out
Holy Shield
and
Defiance
Fist of the Heavens
and
Holy Bolt
).

Gear:

Plague + Exile +
Guardian Angel
Crown of Ages
for Res and reduced physical damage (i put 2 perfect rubies for extra life, but you can socket other things).
Venom Grip
on the hands, Verdungo for that extra vitality and pick a boot that you like. I'm using
Mara's Kaleidoscope
as amulet and
Dwarf Star
and
Raven Frost
for the fire and cold absorb. Stack some charms for all res, faster hit recovery and stuff like that. I don't use any sunders at all.

The merc: Act 1 merc with Bramble (even a low one), Harmony and Flickering Flame.

With this gear, you get max res on everything (95%, except Lightning, that goes up to 90%) and can stack up to 6 diferent support auras:

Activate
Meditation
with your paladin +
Defiance
(from Exile) +
Cleansing
(from Plague) +
Resist Fire
(Flickering) +
Thorns
(Bramble) +
Vigor
Prayer
, as you have Medidation and Plague activated. Im healing 120~ish hit points. If you need, put a single point in
Salvation

You just go around and zap stuff with Foth to help out your allies. You wont kill anything (except in
Chaos Sanctuary
and places with a lot of demons and undead). Your allies will benefit from all your auras, your CTA, and will be buffed as hell. Its a really nice build for that extra kick on P8 farming.
To be a true healer, you should also max
Holy Bolt
(and spam it for healing).

This build would make you very popular in HC mode. And with so many HRs in equipment, you'd rather make sure not to die...

And if only D2 was an MMO...
OP
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
To be a true healer, you should also max
Holy Bolt
(and spam it for healing).

This build would make you very popular in HC mode. And with so many HRs in equipment, you'd rather make sure not to die...

And if only D2 was an MMO...

Im maxing
Holy Bolt
and FOTH. The only things that this paladin does not heal are broken hearts and one-hit-kills :(
You're retrofitting the holy trinity in a game from before MMOs, nicely done.

Bass 86

Sorceress Europe Playstation
if you often run with your group of 8 people, then yes, it's cool and cool, if you run with random people like that, then you have a big heart, but most likely everyone doesn't give a damn about it, to put it mildly. Since I play mostly solo, I wouldn't bother to make such a character, rather I would spend the available character creation slot on a necromancer with a
Crossbow
or a bear sorceress.

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
OP
Bass wrote: 1 year ago
if you often run with your group of 8 people, then yes, it's cool and cool, if you run with random people like that, then you have a big heart, but most likely everyone doesn't give a damn about it, to put it mildly. Since I play mostly solo, I wouldn't bother to make such a character, rather I would spend the available character creation slot on a necromancer with a
Crossbow
or a bear sorceress.
Yeah, i run with a group, that's why. I usually don't play with random people on battle net, its always a bad experience.

Besides the paladin, i have a support barbarian as well
luizgeo wrote: 1 year ago
Hey all,

Prayer
, 1 point to
Cleansing
and
Meditation
. Max out
Holy Shield
and
Defiance
Fist of the Heavens
and
Holy Bolt
).

Gear:

Plague + Exile +
Guardian Angel
Crown of Ages
Venom Grip
Mara's Kaleidoscope
as amulet and
Dwarf Star
and
Raven Frost

Activate
Meditation
with your paladin +
Defiance
(from Exile) +
Cleansing
(from Plague) +
Resist Fire
(Flickering) +
Thorns
(Bramble) +
Vigor
Prayer
Salvation

Chaos Sanctuary
this idea is so sick, I think I might try it this ladder since I'm getting some new friends into the game!
OP
prajna wrote: 1 year ago
this idea is so sick, I think I might try it this ladder since I'm getting some new friends into the game!
Let us know if this build works out! :)

Flippy 105

Paladin Europe PC
All that max res is fine but you'll be pressed to get the resistance to max in the first place.

Throw away
Guardian Angel
, grab coh. Verdungo is only better than thundergods if you already have enough strength, it's at max roll and even then, the lightning absorb is simply to good to pass up. Also you get max lightning res. I think
Waterwalk
have max fire res. Cold and poison are somewhat neglible since the vipers are not those poison vipers of Doom anymore and cold is taken care of by that
Raven

With that cta you probably won't have any joy. Since you're lacking +all skills like most casters have, the Bo is on a low level. While the health boost is actually still somewhat okay, the low duration is what's putting me off from using CTA on characters like this. Constant recasting is such a pain in the ass. Furthermore it's more than likely that there will be a barb or a caster with a CTA somewhere in public that most likely is a lot higher than yours. Those people usually get pissed if you override their BO.

Thorns
is the most useless thing that exists in D2. The physical resistance, and (in comparison) huge life pools of enemies pretty much negates any uses
Thorns
might have.

And lastly, and this might be disheartening, the best aura you can give as a Pala in a public random party is probably
Conviction
and even then infinities are everywhere. After that Fana, then
Concentration
because those runewords really only mimic a fraction of the power you'd get when having a Pala around natively.

This is something akin to the runeword meta where every character is glowing brighter than a Christmas tree.

If you really want to do something like this you probably should try that build in classic, there are probably quite a few people that would really appreciate an aura support

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

Bass 86

Sorceress Europe Playstation
Also u can thinking about
Wisp Projector
to add
Level 7
Spirit of Barbs
(11 charges)
Level 5
Heart of Wolverine
(13 charges)
Level 2
Oak Sage
(15 charges)

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
OP
Flippy wrote: 1 year ago
All that max res is fine but you'll be pressed to get the resistance to max in the first place.

Throw away
Guardian Angel
, grab coh. Verdungo is only better than thundergods if you already have enough strength, it's at max roll and even then, the lightning absorb is simply to good to pass up. Also you get max lightning res. I think
Waterwalk
have max fire res. Cold and poison are somewhat neglible since the vipers are not those poison vipers of Doom anymore and cold is taken care of by that
Raven

With that cta you probably won't have any joy. Since you're lacking +all skills like most casters have, the Bo is on a low level. While the health boost is actually still somewhat okay, the low duration is what's putting me off from using CTA on characters like this. Constant recasting is such a pain in the ass. Furthermore it's more than likely that there will be a barb or a caster with a CTA somewhere in public that most likely is a lot higher than yours. Those people usually get pissed if you override their BO.

Thorns
is the most useless thing that exists in D2. The physical resistance, and (in comparison) huge life pools of enemies pretty much negates any uses
Thorns
might have.

And lastly, and this might be disheartening, the best aura you can give as a Pala in a public random party is probably
Conviction
and even then infinities are everywhere. After that Fana, then
Concentration
because those runewords really only mimic a fraction of the power you'd get when having a Pala around natively.

This is something akin to the runeword meta where every character is glowing brighter than a Christmas tree.

If you really want to do something like this you probably should try that build in classic, there are probably quite a few people that would really appreciate an aura support
Max cold and Max fire = Exile

Thundergods is a really nice option, didn't think of that. I'll give it a try.

Yeah, and i don't actualy play with random people online. I play with a group of friends and we tought this build aiming to be a Walking
Healing Potion
, and not a
Conviction
guy. If i wanted
Conviction
i could use my dragondin or Infinity.

And lastly, We all appreciate the aura support on our group, no need for d2 classic. We got two healer paladins, so we take turns. Its a really nice char to run ubers or p8 Chaos, you should try it :) but not with random people that don't care about having a nice d2 experience but with a known party or group of friends.
OP
Bass wrote: 1 year ago
Also u can thinking about
Wisp Projector
to add
Level 7
Spirit of Barbs
(11 charges)
Level 5
Heart of Wolverine
(13 charges)
Level 2
Oak Sage
(15 charges)
And not only that, there is the lightning absorb! Thanks for the tip!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...