Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   3882 views

Description

Post your favorite in-game level music in D2 and which you think is the most nostalgic for you.

For me:

#1:
Tristram
music, the most nostalgic and chillax

#2: My favorite level music that gets me pumped:
Canyon of the Magi

Palace Cellar/Harem

#3: Overall just favorite tracks of mine
Harrogath

Lut Gholein

Rogue Encampment
(even though it's bordering on trite since I afk in this Act the most)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Post your favorite in-game level music in D2 and which you think is the most nostalgic for you.

For me:

#1:
Tristram
music, the most nostalgic and chillax

#2: My favorite level music that gets me pumped:
Canyon of the Magi

Palace Cellar/Harem

#3: Overall just favorite tracks of mine
Harrogath

Lut Gholein

Rogue Encampment
(even though it's bordering on trite since I afk in this Act the most)

Necrarch 1996Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Tend to like a lot the simple whistling of the birds when entering the Outer /
Inner Cloister
. :)

Never been to the end of
Tristram
, it's awesome indeed !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus
While
Tristram
is my favorite, I'm going to count it as a Diablo 1 song for this thread to make things more interesting... Overall I love
Harrogath
's music the best if we break it down act by act. But my individual favorite song other than
Tristram
is probably Wilderness.

Tristram
stays a classic but I really love
Lut Gholein
for Diablo 2 nostalgia.

Teebling 6696Admin

Europe PC
Struikrover wrote: 2 years ago
Tristram
stays a classic but I really love
Lut Gholein
for Diablo 2 nostalgia.
Same here - the nostalgia hits the most with Act 2 in general.

My first introduction to D2 was seeing a friend playing in
Canyon of the Magi
on a Paladin with maxed
Fist of the Heavens
, wielding
Azurewrath
. Good times.

The Lobby music of course!
jdark wrote: 2 years ago
This is Worldstone Keep music!

My favorite one is Chaos Sanctuary. If you listen carefully, you'll hear demon voices:

Asha 391

Sorceress Europe PC
Harem and Palace keeps blowin - i hope they make these areas 83-85 lvl to visit/farm more often.
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
jdark wrote: 2 years ago
This is Worldstone Keep music!

My favorite one is Chaos Sanctuary. If you listen carefully, you'll hear demon voices:
About the demon voices, I really loved the "ambient" elements of the Diablo 1 soundtrack when in the parts outside of the town;
(Caverns being my favorite).

With ambient meaning the demonic background noises, wailing, etc. Nice dark vibe.
D2 also features elements like this albeit a bit less prominent and blended in the music.

This thread inspired me to increase the music volume a bit for my future D2 sessions :).
Harem and Palace Cellar lvl 1-3 is my favourite sound of d2 tho the whole soundtrack is great and, playing the game in my childhood, defined my taste in music. So sad blizz f*ckd up so hard on the vinyl release https://www.discogs.com/master/2599805- ... esurrected. Anyhow, i bought it...

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service. If u get item otherwise, retract ur pending offer. Edit ur post or post "retracted" to do so.

d2jsp 90

PC
Blubbalutsch wrote: 1 year ago
Harem and Palace Cellar lvl 1-3 is my favourite sound of d2 tho the whole soundtrack is great and, playing the game in my childhood, defined my taste in music. So sad blizz f*ckd up so hard on the vinyl release https://www.discogs.com/master/2599805- ... esurrected. Anyhow, i bought it...
An interesting fact, as far as I know, the music from the Harem is the only one in the game that has lyrics. :)

Lyrics:
भाग्यदां प्रसन्नवदनां सौभाग्यदां
अभयप्रदां मणिगणैर्नानाविधैर्भूषिताम् ।
सदा शक्तिभिः ॥ सदा शक्तिभिः ॥ शक्तिभिः

Phonetic translation:
bhgyadam prasannavadnaam sabhgyadaam
abhaypradaam maniganairnnnavidhirbhushitam
sada shaktibhih. sada shaktibhih. shaktibhih

Excerpts from one of the 108 chants of Goddess Lakshmi:
I bow to the one who has lotus in her hand, has a pleasant happy face, who gives good fortune and destiny, gives refuge (fearlessness) with her hand (posture), who is adorned with lots of gems and other ways and who is always with power.

But as a child, I liked the town music of the 3rd act the most. I liked to come home from school in the fall in the Rain, change into dry and warm clothes, pour hot tea, start the game and stand in Act 3, looking at the Rain in the game and outside the window.

P.S. I am from Siberia, our autumn is cold and rainy, the sky is overcast with lead clouds, and around there are broken roads and old post-Soviet panel houses. As you understand, the atmosphere in real life corresponded to the destroyed Kurast. :)

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️
I love the act 2 songs, all of them.

This one, in particular, is the one that i love the most. The act 2 in general is awesome, i love that damn desert, and the shining city of
Lut Gholein
is a jewel of the most noble kind.

IMO, the outfits, the NPCs, the tombs, the ruins. Act 2 is the most perfect one by far!
Daeblana wrote: 2 years ago
While
Tristram
is my favorite, I'm going to count it as a Diablo 1 song for this thread to make things more interesting... Overall I love
Harrogath
's music the best if we break it down act by act. But my individual favorite song other than
Tristram
is probably Wilderness.

only up
D1 soundtrack was incredible, with a few lulls. A very short soundtrack. This one is just magnificent. There are a few more periods of where not much is going on, but that's to be expected in a soundtrack this long.

Th3ory 543

Paladin Americas PC
Loved many that have been posted, but these two just hit different for me:

#1 - Caves - Especially when you get to around 1:35 & 2:40 - that dark sound slaps

#2 - Roger & Me - Always loved this sound albeit minute track. Good fusion of A2 & A3 style music.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...