diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   4832 views

Description

Have played all ladders and I for some reason have never found a
Nagelring
before.

Until today.

I finally found one! Super excited even though I know it's a kinda common item. Still exciting for me.

Just curious, what is everyone else's "wanted item" that never dropps for you. If the item has just dropped for you and you want to boast about it I would love to see the item!

Thanks for reading!
Description by StaticYeti

Can be used to make Runewords:

Have played all ladders and I for some reason have never found a
Nagelring
before.

Until today.

I finally found one! Super excited even though I know it's a kinda common item. Still exciting for me.

Just curious, what is everyone else's "wanted item" that never dropps for you. If the item has just dropped for you and you want to boast about it I would love to see the item!

Thanks for reading!

M1ck 332

Europe PC
Oh nice it's 30% magic find too. I'm still looking to cross several items off the grail list. Really would like
Death's Web
;0
Nice! I tend to find plenty of those but I know it's always nice to find something you've been hunting forever.

My "holy grail" item is
Tal Rasha
's armour. I love that whole set. I swear if the weapon wasn't sorc-specific and the amulet was +1 to all instead of +2 to sorc, it would be the perfect set. But yeah, the armour. I've found dozens of the masks, many of the belts and amulets, a few of the orbs, but I think I found the armour ONCE, back in 1.10...
OP
M1ck wrote: 11 months ago
Oh nice it's 30% magic find too. I'm still looking to cross several items off the grail list. Really would like
Death's Web
;0
That's a cool weapon, not sure if I have seen that one drop myself. Has skills and life & mana after each kill. Good luck on finding that weapon!
OP
imperiusdamian wrote: 11 months ago
Nice! I tend to find plenty of those but I know it's always nice to find something you've been hunting forever.

My "holy grail" item is
Tal Rasha
's armour. I love that whole set. I swear if the weapon wasn't sorc-specific and the amulet was +1 to all instead of +2 to sorc, it would be the perfect set. But yeah, the armour. I've found dozens of the masks, many of the belts and amulets, a few of the orbs, but I think I found the armour ONCE, back in 1.10...
Yeah, finding the whole set I bet is tough. I think myself I found a few masks here and there. Definitely a cool set though! I hope that you will find it during this ladder if you are playing!
For me it was the elusive
Harlequin Crest
, but I finally got one this morning from one of
The Countess
' trash mobs. I couldn't believe my eyes! 😂
OP
TheBudMan29 wrote: 11 months ago
For me it was the elusive
Harlequin Crest
(
Shako
), but I finally got one this morning from one of
The Countess
' trash mobs. I couldn't believe my eyes lol.
Nice haha. I always get excited when I get that drop. Glad you finally one.

ShadowHeart 1761Moderator

Europe PC
My "one item" is a
Lo
rune. I mean, I've acquired
Lo
runes through trading, but to this day, in LoD and D2:R combined, it remains the only rune I have never seen drop in a game. Even got my first
Zod
ever last ladder, but still no
Lo
. I'm cursed :P

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
I seriously had trouble to decide if this post was a joke or not :P Especially with OP casually talking about their multiple
Shako
drops.

I think if I identify another Nagel or Manald I'm gonna throw up. But yeah RNG really is random I guess. Hadn't found
Gheed's Fortune
since starting D2R, that is months of time, and found 3 yesterday!
StaticYeti wrote: 11 months ago
imperiusdamian wrote: 11 months ago

My "holy grail" item is
Tal Rasha
Yeah, finding the whole set I bet is tough. I think myself I found a few masks here and there. Definitely a cool set though! I hope that you will find it during this ladder if you are playing!
Got my fingers crossed! Mostly playing off ladder right now but you never know...
Well maybe I'm biased but here's my story.

When I was a child, like 12yo, we didn't have Internet yet, so when we grabbed Diablo 2 with LoD (it was like 2003 or 2004?) me, my brother and my friend played through LAN ALOT. like, ALOT - all we had as children was time, so at least 2-3 hours daily spent on hell farming 3 people in party. I remember you couldn't build runewords offline back then, and countess didn't drop guaranted runes so it was rough to gear up and farm efficiently. But we had a necro so it was easier with lots of dummies to block damage, we farmed Mephistos, Diablos,
Baal
, without internet we thought they are ultimate bosses so drop the best stuff.

As I said without runewords it was really hard to track which runes we had because they pretty much didn't matter. We didn't know much about magic find also so we just ran with best dps gear we could get and that was it.

Conclusion - I can't remember we had any good set completed (like Immortal King or Aldurs, not to mention
Tal Rasha
). Uniques we had were really bad comparing to what I'm getting on daily basis in d2r. I can't remember a single
Atma's Wail
for example, or even more basic ones, we struggled to complete Sigons set because set or unique drop was so rare it dropped literally every 3-4 boss run and it was low level crap.

Not sure how Diablo progressed through all these years but I've bought the game again recently (like in April) and I can't believe I can gear up all classes to farm hell right now only using stuff I've dropped... It's been a month! We were playing few hours DAILY for 1-2 YEARS and all we had were single unique items that were actually wearable, we prayed for sets, or something like Vipermagi.

All I want to say is this game seem a lot more generous than back in the days. It's like I'm playing another game, well, actually I do, but you know what I mean...
OP
Voltage wrote: 11 months ago
Conclusion - I can't remember we had any good set completed (like Immortal King or Aldurs, not to mention
Tal Rasha
). Uniques we had were really bad comparing to what I'm getting on daily basis in d2r. I can't remember a single
Atma's Wail
for example, or even more basic ones, we struggled to complete Sigons set because set or unique drop was so rare it dropped literally every 3-4 boss run and it was low level crap.
Thanks for sharing your story! Yeah not having runeword would be pretty rough seeing as how important some of the runewords actually are for builds.

I played back when it first came out as well with a friend of mine and my cousin but I can't seem to remember any gear that we would get. The only Memory I have is doing PVP against each other and running tristam over and over. Back then, I was just having fun messing around not really paying much attention to what buffs what and what is better for my build. Just good Ole demon slaying.
Voltage wrote: 11 months ago
Not sure how Diablo progressed through all these years but I've bought the game again recently (like in April) and I can't believe I can gear up all classes to farm hell right now only using stuff I've dropped... It's been a month! We were playing few hours DAILY for 1-2 YEARS and all we had were single unique items that were actually wearable, we prayed for sets, or something like Vipermagi.
Im glad you hopped back in with D2R and I hope that you have fun playing again!
For two weeks, I couldn't get a hold of a damned
Chipped Amethyst
!

Amn
runes were dropping everywhere. Cow run?
Amn
rune. Countess run?
Amn
rune.
Arcane Sanctuary
?
Amn
rune. All these
Amn
runes and no way to cube them up because I didn't have any Chipped Amethysts!

Chipped everything else was dropping regularly, as were all other grades of
Amethyst
. I resorted to asking newbies when I rushed them and requesting them in my trade listings.

Eventually, I got like four in one day and that finally solved my
Amn
problem.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

Andariel's Visage
... not a single one dropped for me since D2R start...
Lanceor wrote: 11 months ago
For two weeks, I couldn't get a hold of a damned
Chipped Amethyst
!

Amn
runes were dropping everywhere. Cow run?
Amn
rune. Countess run?
Amn
rune.
Arcane Sanctuary
?
Amn
rune. All these
Amn
runes and no way to cube them up because I didn't have any Chipped Amethysts!

Chipped everything else was dropping regularly, as were all other grades of
Amethyst
. I resorted to asking newbies when I rushed them and requesting them in my trade listings.

Eventually, I got like four in one day and that finally solved my
Amn
problem.
Doing dungeon runs on normal helps a lot, e.g. tower or catacombs or
Tal
rashas graves. Pop all the super chests there and you should get lots of chipped gems in very short time ;)
sTonedmason wrote: 11 months ago
Doing dungeon runs on normal helps a lot, e.g. tower or catacombs or
Tal
rashas graves. Pop all the super chests there and you should get lots of chipped gems in very short time ;)
I did that and ended up with a mountain of chipped emeralds, sapphires, topazes, diamonds, rubies and skulls. But no chipped amethysts!!!

:D

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

wow it dropped perfect mf, I found loads of Nagelrings around but my highest is 26% at the moment, cheers!
OP
renard wrote: 11 months ago
I seriously had trouble to decide if this post was a joke or not :P Especially with OP casually talking about their multiple
Shako
drops.

I think if I identify another Nagel or Manald I'm gonna throw up. But yeah RNG really is random I guess. Hadn't found
Gheed's Fortune
since starting D2R, that is months of time, and found 3 yesterday!
Trust me it's true haha. I have bad RNG sometimes for somethings. Also the ring would most likely get snatched before I have a chance to pick it up during online play. I also wanted to see what other people's certain item that they want, but never get the drop for haha.
OP
Sikaka wrote: 11 months ago
wow it dropped perfect mf, I found loads of Nagelrings around but my highest is 26% at the moment, cheers!
Thanks! :) and surprisingly I have gotten 2 more to drop but lower mf as well.
StaticYeti wrote: 11 months ago
Trust me it's true haha. I have bad RNG sometimes for somethings. Also the ring would most likely get snatched before I have a chance to pick it up during online play. I also wanted to see what other people's certain item that they want, but never get the drop for haha.
Ah yes sometimes I forget how it is online. Nagel is cool, I'm just disappointed it isn't a SoJ when I identify it. I do use Nagel to boost my MF when I don't need the slot for something else.

I really wanted a Gheed's before the other day. Now a Tal armor would be cool.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...