Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   4262 views

Description

hey, all I'm looking for some opinions for my light trapsin do you think the -35 lr is better than the 2+ skils on Spirit?

Can be used to make Runewords:

hey, all I'm looking for some opinions for my light trapsin do you think the -35 lr is better than the 2+ skils on Spirit?

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yea i would assume -35 lr should add more overall dmg than 2 more skill points would. Isn't adding -res to traps a recently added sin update?

I wish I knew a short answer, but unfortunately, it depends on both what else you are using and what you are trying to kill.

For example, hell cows have 50 baseline lightning resistance. If you have Infinity on your mercenary and a 5/5 faceted
Griffon's Eye
, you are already bringing their resistances down to -60. The maximum is -100. So, the Crescent Moon is going to decrease their resistance to -95%, which is about a 22% increase in total damage dealt.

So, you would have to calculate what +2 to skills would add to your trap damage plus however highly you value also having +2 to all your other skills plus the value of vitality, mana, FCR, FHR, etc and compare that to the 22% from Crescent Moon.

Meanwhile, if you don't have Infinity and Griffons, or are fighting creatures with higher base lightning resist, the -enemy resistance can do a lot more work. Against an enemy with 35 base resistance after all other sources of -res, or with no other sources of -res, getting Crescent Moon will be about a 53% increase in damage.

If all you have is Crescent Moon and you are fighting an immune enemy with a Sunder Charm equipped, bringing them down to 60 resistance instead of 95 is giving you 800% damage.

If you have other sources of -res in addition to Infinity and Faceted Griffon's, the Crescent Moon is likely overcapping you, which is not giving you anything.

Hence it depends.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Asha 345

Sorceress Europe PC
To put it short: Early on (no infi/griffon, just sunder) Crescent Moon helps alot. Later (with infi and griffon) - it's no longer needed.
OP
Thanks for all the input everyone, I think ill just make it and see how it feels its not an expensive runeword to make so dont got much too lose

cheers
That's looks great, would putting this in a
Long Sword
be most suitable or is there something faster besides a
Phase Blade
?
Insomnia wrote: 1 year ago
That's looks great, would putting this in a
Long Sword
be most suitable or is there something faster besides a
Phase Blade
?
In terms of base attack speed,
Phase Blade
and
Cutlass
are the fastest at -30. However,
Cutlass
can only have 2 sockets, so no go for Crescent Moon.
Long Sword
is -10, which I think is the next best for 1 handed swords, and doesn't need as much Dex as a
Phase Blade

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
CM has 20ias. Hustle has 40ias.
You can reach 9FPA using CS with 1 point into BoS

Relax and have fun!
Crescent Moon is a true improvement over Spirit to a trapsin's midgame as of 2.6. Before, i struggled to get the first two cows down for
Death Sentry
to do the rest. Now i'm able to smoothly run thru, killing the first cows after 2-3 shots of the
Lightning Sentry
traps

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
Asha wrote: 1 year ago
To put it short: Early on (no infi/griffon, just sunder) Crescent Moon helps alot. Later (with infi and griffon) - it's no longer needed.
What about in the middle (Infi/ no griffon, no sunder)?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation