Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
47 replies   4002 views
2

Description

5

Can be used to make Runewords:

7
At the start of season 2, a
Lo
dropped for me in NM tombs. Yes, NM. What are the odds of that happening again? Some where between impossible and improbable. It was the only HR for me for the season.
7
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
A javazon (since you mentioned
Lightning Fury
) will be terrible at it by default and will have limited popping success, simply because the
Teleport
is just too slow.
Thanks for the tips both, I'll try again. Play-testing was on my 105 FCR blizz sorc. I must have been either too timid about leaving engagement or too aggressive about hitting seals. Will give it another shot.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
7
OP
User avatar

Rik 131

Americas PC
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
At the start of season 2, a
Lo
dropped for me in NM tombs. Yes, NM. What are the odds of that happening again? Some where between impossible and improbable. It was the only HR for me for the season.
That’s nuts.. I’m not good at the calculator yet but it doesn’t appear to think it’s possible. Assuming it wasn’t terrorized that makes me super curious.. you’re probably right on the odds. I suppose I could run nm tombs starting now and spend between the next moment and Eternity to try and confirm ;)
7
Rik wrote: 1 year ago
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
At the start of season 2, a
Lo
dropped for me in NM tombs. Yes, NM. What are the odds of that happening again? Some where between impossible and improbable. It was the only HR for me for the season.
That’s nuts.. I’m not good at the calculator yet but it doesn’t appear to think it’s possible. Assuming it wasn’t terrorized that makes me super curious.. you’re probably right on the odds. I suppose I could run nm tombs starting now and spend between the next moment and Eternity to try and confirm ;)
It was not a TZ. Just a regular NM tomb run.
7
OP
User avatar

Rik 131

Americas PC
y2kid wrote: 1 year ago
According to the maxroll calc you can only drop
Lo
in A5 NM

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2-drop-calculato ... m=base,r28
Interesting. maybe there’s something unaccounted for in the formula, a quiet update or human error, in any case I enjoy the mystery.

Honestly things have happened to me this season which make me question some of the probabilities listed. I had 2 cow games within 5 days in which I dropped 2 high runes (
Zod
/
Jah
then
Cham
/
Sur
p3/3, + horking about 80% of cow). I don’t know the odds and think I’d rather go Han Solo about them for now, but I’m assuming ridiculously low. After the first time I assumed it would never happen again but then 5 days later, boom. My guess is that it was probably within roughly 50-100 runs. Something more? Idk, could just be adventures in probability. Interesting stuff!
7
Maxroll is great. In this case, they are mistaken. A
Lo
dropped for me in NM tombs. I was a wimpy cold sorc that didn't have the skills or equipment to get into Hell.
7
User avatar

Schnorki 3134Moderator

PC
That's an interesting one actually.
I mean..if you look at the core of it, a
Lo
rune should* be ilvl 59. NM tombs on the other hand is alvl 49, meaning the highest monster lvl you would find in there is 52 which would be too low to drop a
Lo
. Core rules would hence suggest that your Memory is playing tricks on you.

Looking at those same rules, you'd need an area level of at least 56 which you start to see in NM act 4 (
Outer Steppes
).

And yet, when you look at various drop calculators..they all disagree with one another. Maxroll has them starting in act 5, off of uniques in WSK 3 or throne which implies lvl 69. Silospen on the other hand for example starts them as early as regular mobs in
Lower Kurast
(=lvl 52) but also has that apply exclusively for regular mobs. Uniques, they don't have starting on
Lo
runes until WSK 3 either and align with maxroll again there. Noone has them dropping off champions. And to add more irregularities, maxroll doesn't have them dropping off minions while silospen has those starting as early as
Dry Hills
, implying lvl 47.

So...they're really all over the place.
Silospen for regular mobs and minions would agree with you being able to find a
Lo
in NM tombs based on implied lvl. Uniques claim otherwise everywhere. Champions also claim otherwise everywhere despite disagreeing with uniques. And core lvl-based generation rules really don't agree with any of the calculators or your tombs
Lo
. Talk about a clusterf... :D
7
I knew it would be hard to believe - a
Lo
dropping in NM tombs. Nevertheless, it did drop.

To complete the sorry and sad story, I mixed up
Lum
with
Sol
and screwed up my Fortitude for my merc. What a loser.

I was too excited to be dealing with a HR. Heart going on...thinking...'things are looking up...' ah, no.

Let the ridicule and condemnation commence.
7
To be honest I gave up with farming mid and high runes. I prefer to farm normal Countess for
Ral
runes and I sell them for
Ist
runes. And then I cube them.
7
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago

To complete the sorry and sad story, I mixed up
Lum
with
Sol
and screwed up my Fortitude for my merc. What a loser.
Mate I did my very first Chains of Honor yesterday and oh boy i did check the recipe many times :)
7
@Kriss_De_Valnor_

Help me understand.

Do Rals drop at a higher rate in Normal compared to NM and Hell?

How many Rals for an
Ist
?

How many hours of Normal countess grinding to get that many Rals?
7
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
@Kriss_De_Valnor_

Help me understand.

Do Rals drop at a higher rate in Normal compared to NM and Hell?

How many Rals for an
Ist
?

How many hours of Normal countess grinding to get that many Rals?
I farm Countess in Normal and it takes 60-70 minutes to get 20
Ral
from her. However you have to be fast, I use
Teleport
to move and my FCR is 105. I take all
Eth
,
Ith
,
Tal
and cube them to
Ral
. Off course she drops
Ral
too!

For 20
Ral
you can buy 1
Ist
.

Recently I bought my first
Ber
for 16
Ist
and made Chains of Honor!
7
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

And yet, when you look at various drop calculators..they all disagree with one another.
I played around with this too and noticed something very interesting that 'might' answer this question. Maxroll only lets you sort monsters as Normal, Champion, Unique, Superunique, and Boss.
Silopsen, however, allows you to specify 'minion' monsters as a class between normal and Champion. While these would look like normal White monsters to the casual glance, Silopsen states that minions do have different drop tables.

I don't know enough about drop tables myself to know personally, but by specifying 'minions' in Silopsen, I see the earliest possible
Lo
rune drop in the game being
Swarm
enemies in Nightmare
Far Oasis
. Swarms and Wraiths both have the modified drop table without equipment, correct? So, if a minion creature with the noequipment drop table in NM
Far Oasis
can drop
Lo
, then it's not too much of a stretch to see a
Wraith
minion in Tombs do the same.

Though this conclusion is based on some assumptions I don't know how to verify.

Image

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
7
User avatar

Schnorki 3134Moderator

PC
Minions get the same lvl bonus as their parent so yes, they do go higher and can drop stuff regulars may not.

Either way, they still disagree on regular mobs as well so..they just disagree, period. :D
7
Kriss_De_Valnor_ wrote: 1 year ago
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
@Kriss_De_Valnor_

Help me understand.

Do Rals drop at a higher rate in Normal compared to NM and Hell?

How many Rals for an
Ist
?

How many hours of Normal countess grinding to get that many Rals?
I farm Countess in Normal and it takes 60-70 minutes to get 20
Ral
from her. However you have to be fast, I use
Teleport
to move and my FCR is 105. I take all
Eth
,
Ith
,
Tal
and cube them to
Ral
. Off course she drops
Ral
too!

For 20
Ral
you can buy 1
Ist
.

Recently I bought my first
Ber
for 16
Ist
and made Chains of Honor!
You've got me pumped. I will start my
Ral
gathering adventure.

Thank you.
7
You can also collect all the Spirit runes and hels rates are not so good but it still might be worth considering
7
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
Kriss_De_Valnor_ wrote: 1 year ago
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
@Kriss_De_Valnor_

Help me understand.

Do Rals drop at a higher rate in Normal compared to NM and Hell?

How many Rals for an
Ist
?

How many hours of Normal countess grinding to get that many Rals?
I farm Countess in Normal and it takes 60-70 minutes to get 20
Ral
from her. However you have to be fast, I use
Teleport
to move and my FCR is 105. I take all
Eth
,
Ith
,
Tal
and cube them to
Ral
. Off course she drops
Ral
too!

For 20
Ral
you can buy 1
Ist
.

Recently I bought my first
Ber
for 16
Ist
and made Chains of Honor!
You've got me pumped. I will start my
Ral
gathering adventure.

Thank you.
You are welcome :)
If you feel you are fed up with farming Countess just have a break. And continue two days later :) It works with me :)
7
@Kriss_De_Valnor_

Looks like
Ber
is now worth 22
Ist
on this trading forum.
7
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
@Kriss_De_Valnor_

Looks like
Ber
is now worth 22
Ist
on this trading forum.
I'm a non-ladder player and some members here offer a
Ber
rune for 15
Ist
runes. Is ladder D2R world more expensive?
9

Advertisment

Hide ads
999

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads
 

 

 

 

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation