Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   4088 views

How I killed a Diablo clone with a naked 63 lvl trapsin

No data yet

Description

I started new ladder with an assassin and have just finished nightmare yesterday when I saw "
Terror
approaches Sanctuary". I immediately created a new game on hell - I only had the
Cold Plains
waypoint open. I thought
Bishibosh
is a decent candidate to summon the clone, so I cleaned the
Cold Plains
and spawned Diablo there. Then I considered my options: I am a 63 lvl trapsin with 1k hp, 1-1800
Lightning Sentry
damage, self-made Spirit sword, Lore
Helm
, Stealth armor, Rhyme shield and random items for res and stats. In total I have slightly positive light and fire res on hell. Of course, I could ask someone online to kill big D for me, but it would not be fun.

I danced around Diablo for a while to confirm that I survive 6-8 rings of fire and I can run away from all the other attacks with my lvl 5+3
Burst of Speed
. I decided to go with
Burst of Speed
because the mobility allowed me to
Evade
his attacks easily. Obviously, my lightning traps didn't even scratch him with 95% light res, 650k hp and ridiculous regeneration speed. Another problem is the
Bone Prison
, but I figured out I can open a tp and quickly
Teleport
in and out before D finishes me. So basically, as far as I had enough red potions I could dance around for a while. Now I had to figure out how to damage him. First, there is no way my mediocre DPS exceeds his healing rate, so I had to stop this. After quick check online I figured out that PMH (prevent monster heal) works on him and I had Hwaninn's
Belt
with PMH which I found and preserved for an occasion like this. The only problem is that it reduced my resistances since I had some on my rare
Belt
and provided only 12 potion slots. Alternatively, I could have shopped some weapon with PMH from
Charsi
, but I decided to just use the
Belt

Next, I had to choose how to inflict physical damage to proc the PMH. I decided to shop a bow with
Arrows
from
Charsi
to play it safe. My chance to hit Diablo was 6% but with a fast bow and
Burst of Speed
that did not take too long. A useful trick is to have some source of elemental damage (I had lightning) to see when the arrow hits Diablo. His hp bar also changes a little if his hp is even slightly less than full. The information about PMH duration online is a little controversal, so I had to experiment a little to see how it works. I figured out that: 1) Once you inflict PMH the duration of the effect is long. As in, at least half an hour (80 minutes according to some sources). 2) The effect does not drop if you briefly
Teleport
to town. I had enough time to heal at
Akara
and replenish the potions. 3) If you wander too far from Diablo, the effect resets (2 screens according to some, but I tried to always keep him on my screen later).

So now I had the source of PMH and could dance around for a while, but my damage was still way too low. Average damage from a trap is 800 lightning, which becomes 40 after 95% reduction. Even with 5 traps (40*5 = 200) it would take 650000/200 = 3250 volleys to kill him. This is way too much, especially, since not every volley connects and the time is even more in practice. The solution is a
Wand
with
Lower Resist
charges. I shopped one with about 50 level 1
Lower Resist
charges which lower Diablo's lightning resistance by 31% up to 64% for 20 seconds. Now each shot dealt around 300 damage and a volley from 5 traps 1500 damage. This means I needed to make only around 450 successful volleys to kill him which is 8 times faster.

After all that planning it took less than half and hour to kill
Uber Diablo
with all the preparation. The fight itself was pretty simple, except I accidentally stumbled upon a lightning immune monster and had to kite it away and reset PMH. Now I have an unid
Annihilus
which I plan to identify and use once I become level 70.

I was also thinking about more exotic ways to kill him if it didn't work. For example, I could play through the hell difficulty to level up and get a 3-socketed
Flail
to make Black RW for crushing blow, shop a
Wand
of
Life Tap
and then respec to a kicksin (I still have my respec from
Akara
).

TLDR: even a lowly hobo character with elemental damage can kill the big D with some preparation. Basically, some res, source of PMH and
Lower Resist
Wand
do the trick.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Const 10

I started new ladder with an assassin and have just finished nightmare yesterday when I saw "
Terror
approaches Sanctuary". I immediately created a new game on hell - I only had the
Cold Plains
waypoint open. I thought
Bishibosh
is a decent candidate to summon the clone, so I cleaned the
Cold Plains
and spawned Diablo there. Then I considered my options: I am a 63 lvl trapsin with 1k hp, 1-1800
Lightning Sentry
damage, self-made Spirit sword, Lore
Helm
, Stealth armor, Rhyme shield and random items for res and stats. In total I have slightly positive light and fire res on hell. Of course, I could ask someone online to kill big D for me, but it would not be fun.

I danced around Diablo for a while to confirm that I survive 6-8 rings of fire and I can run away from all the other attacks with my lvl 5+3
Burst of Speed
. I decided to go with
Burst of Speed
because the mobility allowed me to
Evade
his attacks easily. Obviously, my lightning traps didn't even scratch him with 95% light res, 650k hp and ridiculous regeneration speed. Another problem is the
Bone Prison
, but I figured out I can open a tp and quickly
Teleport
in and out before D finishes me. So basically, as far as I had enough red potions I could dance around for a while. Now I had to figure out how to damage him. First, there is no way my mediocre DPS exceeds his healing rate, so I had to stop this. After quick check online I figured out that PMH (prevent monster heal) works on him and I had Hwaninn's
Belt
with PMH which I found and preserved for an occasion like this. The only problem is that it reduced my resistances since I had some on my rare
Belt
and provided only 12 potion slots. Alternatively, I could have shopped some weapon with PMH from
Charsi
, but I decided to just use the
Belt

Next, I had to choose how to inflict physical damage to proc the PMH. I decided to shop a bow with
Arrows
from
Charsi
to play it safe. My chance to hit Diablo was 6% but with a fast bow and
Burst of Speed
that did not take too long. A useful trick is to have some source of elemental damage (I had lightning) to see when the arrow hits Diablo. His hp bar also changes a little if his hp is even slightly less than full. The information about PMH duration online is a little controversal, so I had to experiment a little to see how it works. I figured out that: 1) Once you inflict PMH the duration of the effect is long. As in, at least half an hour (80 minutes according to some sources). 2) The effect does not drop if you briefly
Teleport
to town. I had enough time to heal at
Akara
and replenish the potions. 3) If you wander too far from Diablo, the effect resets (2 screens according to some, but I tried to always keep him on my screen later).

So now I had the source of PMH and could dance around for a while, but my damage was still way too low. Average damage from a trap is 800 lightning, which becomes 40 after 95% reduction. Even with 5 traps (40*5 = 200) it would take 650000/200 = 3250 volleys to kill him. This is way too much, especially, since not every volley connects and the time is even more in practice. The solution is a
Wand
with
Lower Resist
charges. I shopped one with about 50 level 1
Lower Resist
charges which lower Diablo's lightning resistance by 31% up to 64% for 20 seconds. Now each shot dealt around 300 damage and a volley from 5 traps 1500 damage. This means I needed to make only around 450 successful volleys to kill him which is 8 times faster.

After all that planning it took less than half and hour to kill
Uber Diablo
with all the preparation. The fight itself was pretty simple, except I accidentally stumbled upon a lightning immune monster and had to kite it away and reset PMH. Now I have an unid
Annihilus
which I plan to identify and use once I become level 70.

I was also thinking about more exotic ways to kill him if it didn't work. For example, I could play through the hell difficulty to level up and get a 3-socketed
Flail
to make Black RW for crushing blow, shop a
Wand
of
Life Tap
and then respec to a kicksin (I still have my respec from
Akara
).

TLDR: even a lowly hobo character with elemental damage can kill the big D with some preparation. Basically, some res, source of PMH and
Lower Resist
Wand
do the trick.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
He is a bit of a big pushover. But even so..well done!
Not too many people would have the patience/attention span to successfully think it through and
Evade
his lightning for that long I dare say. :)
That is impressive. I had to fight him with my half-built Light Sorc recently which was somewhat difficult compared to my Smiter or Javazon, but can't say it was anywhere near as difficult sounding as your naked char.. Nice work. Hope your anni rolls high!!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
What a great read.

You planned methodically and then executed
Diablo Clone
with the tools that were ready on hand.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
A well thought out and well delivered plan. Great job!

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Same, GG, well done ! PS. At least one point in DFlight can save you headaches with the Bone prisons. :)

As for the place, if act 1, I prefer
Stony Field
to
Cold Plains
to find him easier (next to
Tristram
Portal)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Soli 14

Playstation
Nice job! I went through similar ordeal yesterday with my Trapsin, I didn't think of the
Lower Resist
staff I had in my stash and went for a more drastic method haha.
GG

I am a gullible person, maybe too gullible!

So, can anybody explain me how it's possible to spawn a
Diablo Clone
after four days of ladder start? I mean, for that you have to have to sell a lot of Stone of Jordans.

Btw., a very impressive fight!

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Fliflaflo wrote: 1 year ago
So, can anybody explain me how it's possible to spawn a
Diablo Clone
after four days of ladder start? I mean, for that you have to have to sell a lot of Stone of Jordans.
Bots upon bots.

I was gonna say dupes cuz it felt early even for bots (and it wouldn't be the first time) but after their no-pass hickup made it obvious just how many bots they really have running (counting only those who messed it up..), it'd be perfectly realistic without any duping.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Someone (no, won't tell my source ^^) told me that some people have managed to make some valid runes (Bers) go from NL to L. That would explain why you have way too rich people already.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation