Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   1481 views

Description

The new season has begun and everybody seems to be fascinated with the new explosive MA sin. I, however, am looking for other builds that may have been potentially buffed.

As the game introduced the new Hustle runewords, I saw some new lights for the Whirlwing builds - both barbarians and assassins. Below are my arguments for why I think these build got a big improvement and why I think this was intentionally done by Blizzard.

1) Off-hand attack speed changes - Since they changed the skill in the past to also account for off-weapon attack speed, both the weapon and armor versions of the runeword help reaching new breakpoints during mid game, specially with the
Fanaticism
aura and the
Burst of Speed
(which will likely need to be activated outside of
Whirlwind
, using normal attacks).

2)
Evade
- The Hustle armor runeword grants
Evade
, which has a nice synergy with the main build skill. I you are whirlwinding, then youare moving and
Evade
is active, granting you a 40%+
Dodge
chance. This is a massive boost on survivability, probably a new endgame item.

3) Move speed - While everybody benefits from this, it is a nice addition, your whilwind will cross the enemy mob faster with this, making even harder for slow enemies to target you. I just hope this doesn't screw the last attacks.

I don't have a character with such build and will probably try making one on single player. If anyone does want to share their impressions - or correct some of my expectations, feel free to do so!

Can be used to make Runewords:

The new season has begun and everybody seems to be fascinated with the new explosive MA sin. I, however, am looking for other builds that may have been potentially buffed.

As the game introduced the new Hustle runewords, I saw some new lights for the Whirlwing builds - both barbarians and assassins. Below are my arguments for why I think these build got a big improvement and why I think this was intentionally done by Blizzard.

1) Off-hand attack speed changes - Since they changed the skill in the past to also account for off-weapon attack speed, both the weapon and armor versions of the runeword help reaching new breakpoints during mid game, specially with the
Fanaticism
aura and the
Burst of Speed
(which will likely need to be activated outside of
Whirlwind
, using normal attacks).

2)
Evade
- The Hustle armor runeword grants
Evade
, which has a nice synergy with the main build skill. I you are whirlwinding, then youare moving and
Evade
is active, granting you a 40%+
Dodge
chance. This is a massive boost on survivability, probably a new endgame item.

3) Move speed - While everybody benefits from this, it is a nice addition, your whilwind will cross the enemy mob faster with this, making even harder for slow enemies to target you. I just hope this doesn't screw the last attacks.

I don't have a character with such build and will probably try making one on single player. If anyone does want to share their impressions - or correct some of my expectations, feel free to do so!
This calculator is supposed to be up to date with all changes.
https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calculator/
Regarding Hustle
Playing around with it it seems to me there is still no way to get to the 4 frame breakpoint with a
Giant Thresher
With a
Colossus Blade
having both active reduces the required IAS for 4 frames from 75 to 13 (means you have to use the weapon not prebuff)
With just level 1 BoS so as a prebuff it's 32 ias, which imo is a damn shame.
2 short of actually being useful... Don't get me wrong it's workable with some sort of off weapon ias but still.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
bbcjoke wrote: 1 year ago
not a huge WW guy, but isnt WW more effective and hit more times when you're going slower?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...