Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   5252 views

Description

[Edit]
I accidentally overwrote the build when playing around with
Fist of the Heavens
so the discussion below does not apply to the current build.
[/Edit]

TL;DR: I know it isn't strictly optimal for anything, but I'd like any thoughts on this build: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/ev0106nb

I currently play my Paladin as aura focused. I do not enjoy playing it at all. I'd like something a little more involved so I'm thinking of making a
Blessed Hammer
focused build with just enough
Smite
influence to kill the Ubers without too much trouble. I don't care about having the ultimate Uber slayer. I don't care if it takes an entire minute instead of just five seconds to kill
Uber Diablo
. I just want something relatively effective on the Uber front without having to bounce gear around beyond switch. I know from the recent thread you don't need much to kill
Uber Diablo
with a
Smite
focused build, and I know the other Uber bosses are more trouble, but I think I'll have more fun with
Blessed Hammer
than I would with a pure
Smite
build.

I don't have a ton of liquid Wealth because I either spend it or give it away pretty quickly, but I do have quite a few nice things. I actually already have most of the gear on the build page somewhere, but I'm obviously open to suggestions; I only ask that you please explain any recommendations. I'd specifically like recommendations with respect to rings and maybe throwing a Charm in
Guillaume's Face
to free up a ring slot for something a bit different, and I've done similar things in the way back, but I had way more Wealth back then so I don't know. I realize also that the amulet is not great, but I have it, and I don't have another
Mara's Kaleidoscope
around.

I tend to plan for level 79 and play around with the final twenty, but I think probably maxing
Vigor
for
Blessed Hammer
synergy is the way to go which still gives me a couple of spare points if I ever get to that level. I was thinking of putting one point into
Salvation
and
Redemption
just for those occasions when I'm playing with another Paladin who has
Concentration
and
Fanaticism
covered. I've also thought about backing off
Vigor
a little and going
Conviction
for those same occasions, but that's kind of a weird investment to make when Infinity exists.
Description by phantomotap

Can be used to make Runewords:

[Edit]
I accidentally overwrote the build when playing around with
Fist of the Heavens
so the discussion below does not apply to the current build.
[/Edit]

TL;DR: I know it isn't strictly optimal for anything, but I'd like any thoughts on this build: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/ev0106nb

I currently play my Paladin as aura focused. I do not enjoy playing it at all. I'd like something a little more involved so I'm thinking of making a
Blessed Hammer
focused build with just enough
Smite
influence to kill the Ubers without too much trouble. I don't care about having the ultimate Uber slayer. I don't care if it takes an entire minute instead of just five seconds to kill
Uber Diablo
. I just want something relatively effective on the Uber front without having to bounce gear around beyond switch. I know from the recent thread you don't need much to kill
Uber Diablo
with a
Smite
focused build, and I know the other Uber bosses are more trouble, but I think I'll have more fun with
Blessed Hammer
than I would with a pure
Smite
build.

I don't have a ton of liquid Wealth because I either spend it or give it away pretty quickly, but I do have quite a few nice things. I actually already have most of the gear on the build page somewhere, but I'm obviously open to suggestions; I only ask that you please explain any recommendations. I'd specifically like recommendations with respect to rings and maybe throwing a Charm in
Guillaume's Face
to free up a ring slot for something a bit different, and I've done similar things in the way back, but I had way more Wealth back then so I don't know. I realize also that the amulet is not great, but I have it, and I don't have another
Mara's Kaleidoscope
around.

I tend to plan for level 79 and play around with the final twenty, but I think probably maxing
Vigor
for
Blessed Hammer
synergy is the way to go which still gives me a couple of spare points if I ever get to that level. I was thinking of putting one point into
Salvation
and
Redemption
just for those occasions when I'm playing with another Paladin who has
Concentration
and
Fanaticism
covered. I've also thought about backing off
Vigor
a little and going
Conviction
for those same occasions, but that's kind of a weird investment to make when Infinity exists.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
I started ladder season 2 with a hammerdin, whom I do not enjoy playing. But you can kill Ubers just fine with one point in
Smite
Fanaticism
, and
Holy Shield
. I didnā€™t necessarily believe it until I did it. Can use the other skill points to your desire.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Oh, but specifically about the build. You will destroy them. Would suggest a
Life Tap
Wand
with using dracs only. Exile or Last Wish proc often enough, but especially with
Lilith
it would be a risk.
OP
May I ask why you don't enjoy playing the hammerdin? I'm kind of iffy on it myself, but I want to do something with Paladin.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
People will say you need optimal positioning with Enigma, I donā€™t like it either way. Not being able to kill an enemy standing next to you because of a wall or because the hammers just miss is frustrating. I also like to kill everything. If you only want to farm in open spaces and donā€™t have enough ocd to have the need to kill everything on the map, you might enjoy it
+1 for not enjoying Hammerdin, FoH is more fun. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
+1 for not enjoying Hammerdin, FoH is more fun. :)
Quoted for truth. :)

Also makes for a more optimized hybrid platform imo because you can literally go full FoH and keep your
Smite
gear exclusively to stuff that does not reduce your FoH performance (gloves,
Boots
, switch weapon/shield) and still get exceptional
Smite
performance out of it. And unlike hammers doing that..you get 20+
Conviction
as well, meaning you don't need to worry about extra res or a pt in
Salvation
or any of that for uber meph. Just keep
Conviction
up..done.
OP
Okay. I can try a
Fist of the Heavens
build out for a bit. I have a couple of free respecs.

I looked around the numbers; the difference doesn't seem all that meaningful so it does just come down to which I enjoy playing the most.

Nate 534

Switch
Eeewww that +5 all res ring, Shirley you can be serious and have something better and just forgot to put it in?
OP
I was just trying different things and accidentally saved overwriting the build everyone else had been discussing.

I kind of got disgusted with myself and stopped adding affixes to see what the build would look like.

The skills are all wonky as well.

Nate 534

Switch
Cool, coolā€¦

Airplane!
OP
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Cool, coolā€¦

Airplane!
Yeah. I'm an idiot. I was intending to post a
Fist of the Heavens
/
Smite
hybrid for feedback, but I hadn't intended to overwrite the other one being discussed.

I'd like a ring with some magic find, some faster cast rate, and the more resist all the better. I'd save a ton on a
Mara's Kaleidoscope
if I could get a ring with 10 resist all instead of having to go perfect on the amulet.

Of course, now I have to try both builds without the desired gearing so I can figure out which one I'd rather play.
OP
So, I've just been moseying around Normal and parts of Nightmare with my weird Paladin hybrid that has six each in
Fist of the Heavens
Blessed Hammer
, and
Smite
just to see which one is more fun for me. I have to say, I'm glad you folks talked me into trying
Fist of the Heavens
; I think it is a way better skill: both easier to use and more consistent in actually hitting the intended target.
It is much easier, no question. It can be annoying on a playthrough because there are certain areas where it just doesn't work (Maggot Lair = even worse than usual) but it's very satisfying in the right areas, like the Pit and Chaos.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP
I've found a few areas where
Fist of the Heavens
isn't as useful as open areas, but those same areas have been even worse for
Blessed Hammer
in my opinion.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...