Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   6880 views

Description

It appears that only a limited number of items on the Ground can have their names shown. Is there a way to show all?

Can be used to make Runewords:

It appears that only a limited number of items on the Ground can have their names shown. Is there a way to show all?
I am not aware of a legitimate way to do so. However, I read that the console distribution Pattern for items supposedly reduces the risk of overlapping items. But I might misremember.

In my trades I'm looking for
Perfect Gems
Ral
or Runes beginning at
Lem

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
You can sift through everything a little better if you zoom in, my hotkey is set to “f.”
OP
Survivor wrote: 1 year ago
I am not aware of a legitimate way to do so. However, I read that the console distribution Pattern for items supposedly reduces the risk of overlapping items. But I might misremember.
What do you mean by "console distribution Pattern"?
zZorceressTraderz wrote: 1 year ago
You can sift through everything a little better if you zoom in, my hotkey is set to “f.”
Tried F
Key
. It zoomed in when the
Key
is pressed, then zoomed out when it's pressed again. I suppose the default is seeing the most. But the problem isn't seeing more. It's that some names are not shown when there are too many items on the Ground.
Normally all item names are shown but not at the same time (because the screen has finite size :D). You can try two different things:

1. Try to set the Lootspacing in the game options to "Original" instead of "Resurrected". This options makes the items less spreaded because the resurrected option is designed to help controller players.

2. Just move around a bit. While some items will "disappear" some others will be shown instead.

But yeah: There is no way to actually show ALL items at once because the game has a limit on this. I guess originally also because of performance but definetly because of the limited screen space of 800x600 or even 640x480 in D2 Classic.

ShadowHeart 1854Moderator

Europe PC
EDIT: I see Bytenex managed to squeeze in a reply before mine :)
bubix wrote: 1 year ago
In the game-creation options there is an setting for Item Drop Spacing with 2 options - Legacy or Resurrected. Legacy works like old D2/LoD - items pretty much drop in a small spot where the mob died. Resurrected means that loot is spread out over a larger area. Supposedly this is a means to make it easier to pick up items using a controller (Blizzard's own description if you hover over it IIRC), but it also increases the risk of items vanishing into thin air, because rather than dropping an item where the mob died, the game may choose to drop the item at a location where items are not allowed to drop, essentially making it vanish. I don't know how many times I've heard specific item sounds only to there be no item of that kind on the Ground, particularly in places like
The Forgotten Tower
, until I changed that setting to Legacy. I may have been imagining things, but I haven't experienced that issue at all since changing it to Legacy. It defaults to Resurrected, I believe. If someone knows more about this issue (or non-issue), feel free to correct me :)
Tried F
Key
. It zoomed in when the
Key
is pressed, then zoomed out when it's pressed again. I suppose the default is seeing the most. But the problem isn't seeing more. It's that some names are not shown when there are too many items on the Ground.
Zooming in does help, but it's not a perfect remedy. Your only option sometimes may be to pick up all the potions on the Ground (and consume them, I guess). A lot of people have been wishing for a loot filter for this reason. Or, well, that Blizzard would just increase the item limit, I guess...

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
I was wondering if the item spacing would help. That's good to know!

I don't think items are spawned far from where the mob dies. It's just the text appears far away from it. For uncountable times, I've clicked in the top-right part of the screen, and my char moved to the bottom-left to pick up the item.

I don't think items vanish, either. I thought so. But after carefully triple-checking, I always found the missing items. :P

Sorry, I wrote that term from Memory. I meant the resurrected distribution as mentioned by other perplex.

In my trades I'm looking for
Perfect Gems
Ral
or Runes beginning at
Lem
If you look at some streamers, there are plenty of mods and with some you can even choose which items will be never shown - like crude items, normal, exceptional versions, bad weapon in general.

Is it legitimate? No. But blizzard doesnt care.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
If you look at some streamers, there are plenty of mods and with some you can even choose which items will be never shown - like crude items, normal, exceptional versions, bad weapon in general.

Is it legitimate? No. But blizzard doesnt care.
I would still not recommend using them at least when playing online. There has been a big discussion about those already in the D2R forums if they are against the ToS or Blizzard can ban you or what else. I personally put it simple: If Blizzard wants to ban you for using those, they will, and there is basically nothing you can do against it. They are prosecutor, judge and executor in one.

So be advised that any modification you do to your game (even the smallest) could get you banned.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation