Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2372 views

Description

Should I use a Rainbow facet lightning Death or maybe an
Ist
? I currently have 180 mf and 543% light skill dmg. Suggestions ?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Should I use a Rainbow facet lightning Death or maybe an
Ist
? I currently have 180 mf and 543% light skill dmg. Suggestions ?

BIN = Buy it now. First to hit BIN get the item, even if there are higher bids after !
Timezone : UTC+1
Depends on what ur doing. Without knowing that, i would say that a 5/5 lfacet is a bigger deal in terms of killing power than
Ist
is in terms of mf. If you are allready cutting thru monsters like butter tho, take
Ist
. You should also have in mind, that you can always stack mf thru charms, which is not possible with ldmg/-lres

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
Is there a situation in which
Eschuta's Temper
(we'll take a perfect one) is better than a Heart of the Oak?

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
I guess it depends on if you need the extra resist from Heart of the Oak or not. The extra skill damage and lowered enemy resistances (from a socketed facet) on
Eschuta's Temper
certainly gives you an extra Edge in DPS that should not be underestimated, the lowered enemy resistances comes in handy in particular when it comes to sundered enemies.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
I agree to ShadowHeart, especially if you wear a Chains of Honor and a
Mara's Kaleidoscope
, than the extra resist can be neglected.

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I guess it depends on if you need the extra resist from Heart of the Oak or not. The extra skill damage and lowered enemy resistances (from a socketed facet) on
Eschuta's Temper
certainly gives you an extra Edge in DPS that should not be underestimated, the lowered enemy resistances comes in handy in particular when it comes to sundered enemies.
Keep in mind that + skill damage bonus works additively with elemental Mastery, not multiplicatively. 20% extra damage looks lucrative, but with high bonus already provided by Mastery (especially
Lightning Mastery
), it's going to be smaller than expected. Here is a plot of effective damage increase by Eschuta's skill damage bonus at respective Mastery level, for lightning and fire respectively. This does not take into account skill bonus or FCR, just the damage bonus.
It also explains why
Death's Fathom
is such a fantastic BiS weapon -
Cold Mastery
does not give skill damage, so DF's bonus works at full potential.

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
Keep in mind that + skill damage bonus works additively with elemenetal Mastery, not multiplicatively. 20% extra damage looks lucrative, but with high bonus already provided by Mastery (especially
Lightning Mastery
), it's going to be smaller than expected.
You're right, I completely forgot about that detail. Thanks!

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
While that is true, even an additive 20% (or 25, faceted) are obviously more than an additive 0%.

Though imo the main plus of eschuta over hoto is simply the fact that you can get an extra -5 res via the facet because that bonus is then multiplicative with all of your +dmg summed (albeit summed with other -res, obviously).

Though yeah, really only tempting if you don't need hoto for the res imo. Then again, just go ES and you don't need res anyways.. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...