Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2428 views

Description

Been doing Pindle -> Meph -> LK -> AT runs, decided to add cows today and found this gem. :D Only rune I haven't found is
Jah
on SP, multiple
Sur
Ber
ect, but that's over a very long time and a lot of LK farming (over 10k runs)

Now I'm wondering if I should start streaming every time I farm.... I stream sometimes, recently switched to youtube but this drop today made me happy haha.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Been doing Pindle -> Meph -> LK -> AT runs, decided to add cows today and found this gem. :D Only rune I haven't found is
Jah
on SP, multiple
Sur
Ber
ect, but that's over a very long time and a lot of LK farming (over 10k runs)

Now I'm wondering if I should start streaming every time I farm.... I stream sometimes, recently switched to youtube but this drop today made me happy haha.

boo pickup mods, boooooo
FanciestCrab wrote: 1 year ago
boo pickup mods, boooooo
Thanks, I wondered what that was.

Schnorki 3186Moderator

PC
boo pickup mods, boooooo
Agreed
OP
lol, people are so petty. Nothing wrong with seeing things better. To each their own. :) Why take the time to hate on how someone else plays? I've been playing D2 since 2001 or so, I love to farm, I don't like to miss stuff or waste my time, I'm sure I've missed many good drops over the years, I'd just rather not.
boo pickup mods, boooooo
Also agree. Furthermore, there is a thread for posts like this: forums/post-you-lucky-finds-t734150.html

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
Now I'm curious, what is the issue with pickup mods? Not that I use them, being a console player, just interested? Is it to do with gaining an advantage during the loot scramble in public games or something more fundamental? I believe OP is SP only based on their other topic.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3186Moderator

PC
For the OP specifically - based on his other topic adding context later on - I for one would say "no real issue", solely because he seems to be playing offline.

In general however, for online play, loot filters do three things:
- They offer a relatively small competitive advantage due to providing clearer, customizable color coding.
- They offer a significant competitive advantage due to shrinking "trash" labels, in turn preventing them from hiding other stuff on screen.
- They offer a MASSIVE competitive advantage by actually increasing label size by what can easily be set to be a massive extent.

You see the
Zod
above having a click-area that is something like 3-4 times the area a
Zod
label would normally have. Some overlay mods (or settings for them) go even further and make high rune labels basically cover your entire screen.

So while other players, who adhere to official rules and do not use such mods online, have to scramble to click on a tiny rune label, the modded folks get to literally accidentally pick up every single high rune without any chance of miss-clicking it without even trying because if your label covers the entire screen, you literally cannot fail. Taking that even further, some such mods add a distinct alert sound so you can differentiate between "random rune/stuff" and "must click to pick stuff up!" which in combination takes things to the point of you literally being able to watch a tv show, never looking at your D2 screen while leeching in pug runs but still snatching up every single valuable drop, solely by blindly clicking/hitting your controller when you hear your custom sound.

I'm all for modding the hell out of interfaces to make them more appealing to you so far as official guidelines allow/so far as games actively support it (WoW having been a good example). But gaining this much of a competitive advantage by something that is inherently against the rules (EULA C.II.1, .3 and .4, if not more) is just bullshit and imo should result in nothing short of a solid ban wave.
Adjust visuals all you want..go all "Asian streamers did it!" on your game and make your golem look like
Baal
and give yourself all the
Tyrael
wings in the world for all I care. But actively breaking the rules to gain an actual (massive) gameplay advantage over other players..f that.
Right, thanks, in total agreement with all that. :)

Loot filters for online play = bad. Loot filters for offline = personal taste, you do you!

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP
Yeah, this is single player (it's in the title), I wouldn't risk using mods online. It's for personal use.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...