Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   326 views

Suggestion: Make b.net ID search case insensitive

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

I feel like I've raised this before but I can't find a topic for it anymore so maybe I was imagining it.

Either way, I keep being added by "random" people without a notice here first (mildly annoying to say the least) and proceed to look them up here to see if there's any trade that I may have bid on from them or whatever else it may be.
Damn near every time, I need more than 1 search. Often times more than 2. Or 3. Or ...

Sadly, the about -> members list -> search by b.net ID is case sensitive. Between folks having an uppercase first letter, a full uppercase ID, a full lowercase ID or literally any random bloody mix in between, it repeatedly gets beyond annoying to try and find someone because you manually have to cycle through all those possible combinations.
Teebling#2172
teebling#2172
TEEBLING#2172
TeebLing#2172
TeEbLiNg#2172

For b.net itself, the tag is case insensitive, meaning it is unique either way, no matter what you do or do not capitalize. I hence propose to make the search here equally case insensitive to make it (significantly) easier to actually find people.
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3164Moderator

PC
I feel like I've raised this before but I can't find a topic for it anymore so maybe I was imagining it.

Either way, I keep being added by "random" people without a notice here first (mildly annoying to say the least) and proceed to look them up here to see if there's any trade that I may have bid on from them or whatever else it may be.
Damn near every time, I need more than 1 search. Often times more than 2. Or 3. Or ...

Sadly, the about -> members list -> search by b.net ID is case sensitive. Between folks having an uppercase first letter, a full uppercase ID, a full lowercase ID or literally any random bloody mix in between, it repeatedly gets beyond annoying to try and find someone because you manually have to cycle through all those possible combinations.
Teebling#2172
teebling#2172
TEEBLING#2172
TeebLing#2172
TeEbLiNg#2172

For b.net itself, the tag is case insensitive, meaning it is unique either way, no matter what you do or do not capitalize. I hence propose to make the search here equally case insensitive to make it (significantly) easier to actually find people.
Request fulfilledby atari1 year agoGo to post
Teebling made it case insensitive with 1.41.

atari 450

Europe XLinux
Teebling made it case insensitive with 1.41.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...