Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   1403 views

Description

I see WOW just came out with a new x-pac, did we lose a lot of players to the new x-pac? It's been harder to trade in the last day or so, seems like no one is playing. Did you go to play WOW?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I see WOW just came out with a new x-pac, did we lose a lot of players to the new x-pac? It's been harder to trade in the last day or so, seems like no one is playing. Did you go to play WOW?

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Nah, we lost all of them with late S1 already and just didn't get them back with a rather lackluster S2.

Has been no comparison since then.
Seasons are dying to early

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
Feels like everybody I know has been chasing new games simply due to FOMO. My gamer friends always buying latest and "greatest", paying $40+ and only playing them for a week or two, if that, then moving on. They don't even get good at the games, just enough to say they played it.. "Yay, can cross another one off the list!"

All of them hyped up D2R so much, saying how much they loved original, how they'll get 99, but they couldn't even hit 90.. Maybe it's because I didn't play the original, and they all did, so it got boring quick for them? Wish I could understand it better.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I don't know if that's the case for many, but I know a few people who see it as "D4's waiting room".

So maybe there's a bit less incentive to farm hard, when they know it might be their last season.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
mishabg wrote: 1 year ago
"D4's waiting room"
D2R waiting room here
although i'm pretty sure i'll be disappointed, but lets not hijack this thread to a d4 discussion

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
Feels like everybody I know has been chasing new games simply due to FOMO. My gamer friends always buying latest and "greatest", paying $40+ and only playing them for a week or two, if that, then moving on. They don't even get good at the games, just enough to say they played it.. "Yay, can cross another one off the list!"

All of them hyped up D2R so much, saying how much they loved original, how they'll get 99, but they couldn't even hit 90.. Maybe it's because I didn't play the original, and they all did, so it got boring quick for them? Wish I could understand it better.
I have a friend like that :D

He is always rocking the latest gaming hardware and has purchased well over 1000 games (I am not even kidding).

When D2R came out, he was super hyped, we played together for a few months and then he just uninstalled the game, because he didn't have time for all the new titles that constantly come out.

Speaking as a person, who has played D1, D2 Classic and D2 LoD on release and has sank in way too many hours into them as a teenager, D2R is awesome, but it gets repetitive after a while, especially if you accumulate enough Wealth to be able to afford pretty much anything (sans "GG" rares / crafted items, which are mostly good for PvP anyway).

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
Would've expected the opposite tbh.
But maybe that's just personal bias.

I was admittedly on a bit of a "gotta try 'em all!" trip with the revival of VR, until I made Peace with the fact that it just isn't there yet. Other than that, I got D2:R solely for the nostalgia factor and based on the promise of "stay true to the original, no big changes". If not for that, I never would've made an exception to the "no more blizz games" rule. But because there's so much nostalgia here, it keeps me entertained and keeps me enjoying myself, regardless of whether that's a couple hours a week or way too many hours a day (weather depending).

Beyond that, really just waiting for CR to eventually manage to truly pull star citizen together which in itself is really just the cranked up version of "god I wish Microsoft hadn't forced him to scrap the Freelancer expansion". So again, nostalgia. Though in that case nostalgia meets space, gorgeous graphics and actual baller game design (and supposedly a true, proper use of VR) so..here's to hoping..ya know..50 years from now. :)

Really not much into video games beyond that anymore. They all tend to cater way too much to "today's instant-gratification gamer" for my taste. I get why, seeing how that's the majority of their customer base..but ugh..half-assed crap pushed out the door for a quick buck with 100 paid DLCs every other week just to farm stupidly easy to get achievements off a list in what feels like 5 minutes? No thanks.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
"god I wish Microsoft hadn't forced him to scrap the Freelancer expansion".
lol
yes freelancer was a huge huge game, especially the babylon 5 addons.
i recommend rebel galaxy, although just a shade of freelancer, and much much shorter, still the only contender, i know of at least. just kicking back with the music is fun. unique soundtrack.
it's like music, there are always people making it, but its just way harder to find real music, and not another product. so indie music is needle in a haystack, but at least there's a chance.
eschalon 1-2-3, elex 1-2, are games worth the time for gamers. at least on the ARPG. games that dont feel like MMO.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Really not much into video games beyond that anymore. They all tend to cater way too much to "today's instant-gratification gamer" for my taste. I get why, seeing how that's the majority of their customer base..but ugh..half-assed crap pushed out the door for a quick buck with 100 paid DLCs every other week just to farm stupidly easy to get achievements off a list in what feels like 5 minutes? No thanks.
completely agree on that. that's why the indie market has more to offer. but you gotta look way more

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...