Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
33 replies   3905 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
No offense, but it sounds so odd to me that somebody could level a character to 93 and still be under the delusion that MF = value. It's not.

You want high value? You do
Travincal
. The most expensive and valuable things in the game, especially on non-ladder, are charms and jewels. Bases are second best. Runes, third.

Your sorc can do Trav just fine, you only need to ignore Toorc, but the crème de la crème is the Trav barb. Build one, hunker down and get rich.
Terror
zones are a distraction and a new way to level. Nothing more.
Travincal
is still king.
I have the absolute WORST luck with Travs because i have done thousands of runs and maybe found 2 things with any worth. I used to play D2 before and on andboff for several years after LOD released and still not much has dropped from them for me. I'll try it again and i do know people run travs a lot but for me at least, it's always been terrible. Not to mention I have the worst luck finding any good charms at all anyways. I usuaply get crap charms and have always had to trade for what I needed lol.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch
As someone who's been running Trav primarily for last several months and gotten many HRs on a hork barb, best advice I can give is make sure absolutely no cold damage so you can hork all the bodies. No Vamp Gaze,
Raven Frost
, Reaper's Toll, or Fortitude allowed if you want to optimize hork chance.

And make sure you max out
Find Potion
skill first to get that 20% boost to
Find Item
. That change alone could make the difference for you now. Used to be able to
Cap
out around 60%
Find Item
chance, but now can get up to almost 80%, which causes loot to Rain down like a tropical storm.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
As someone who's been running Trav primarily for last several months and gotten many HRs on a hork barb, best advice I can give is make sure absolutely no cold damage so you can hork all the bodies. No Vamp Gaze,
Raven Frost
, Reaper's Toll, or Fortitude allowed if you want to optimize hork chance.

And make sure you max out
Find Potion
skill first to get that 20% boost to
Find Item
. That change alone could make the difference for you now. Used to be able to
Cap
out around 60%
Find Item
chance, but now can get up to almost 80%, which causes loot to Rain down like a tropical storm.
How do you make a hork barb? I could give this a try but have never made one, do you have kill gear then switch to mf gear and item find? What skills and gear is needed?

~Necrarch
Blindfire187 wrote: 1 year ago
How do you make a hork barb? I could give this a try but have never made one, do you have kill gear then switch to mf gear and item find? What skills and gear is needed?
Check here. This guide is good.

Relax and have fun!

You pick the damaging skill of your choice (
Whirlwind
Berserk
Frenzy
or your Merc) and put enough points into
Find Potion
and
Find Item
to get a decent chance to hork and thats it.
MF is not necessarily a must have as charms and jewels always drop as magic items but you can run MF if you want to go for the uniques that can drop in Trav. If you want to go for bases instead of uniques then you obviously don't wear MF gear.
I run a very budget WW horker with MF - if you want I can show you the build. Or just look up some build on the internet.
OP
Thirodil wrote: 1 year ago

Whirlwind
Berserk
Frenzy
Find Potion
and
Find Item
MF is not necessarily a must have as charms and jewels always drop as magic items but you can run MF if you want to go for the uniques that can drop in Trav. If you want to go for bases instead of uniques then you obviously don't wear MF gear.
I run a very budget WW horker with MF - if you want I can show you the build. Or just look up some build on the internet.
Is the build cheapish? I am actually fairly interested in trying this out. My problem is figuring out how the skills need to be set up and what items are actually needed to make it work. If it's expensive then it may be pretty hard for me to make.

~Necrarch
Thirodil wrote: 1 year ago

Whirlwind
Berserk
Frenzy
Find Potion
and
Find Item
Is the build cheapish? I am actually fairly interested in trying this out. My problem is figuring out how the skills need to be set up and what items are actually needed to make it work. If it's expensive then it may be pretty hard for me to make.
Yeah I'd say it is cheapish. The more expensive items I use are dual Oath in
Eth
Berserker Axe
(could be swords but I like my axes),
Highlord's Wrath
(had
The Cat's Eye
before for the IAS) and to some extent
Arreat's Face
. The rest are a
Skullder's Ire
Laying of Hands
(Damage to Demons really helps here),
Nosferatu's Coil
Goblin Toe
Manald Heal
(for Manasteal) and
Dwarf Star
(Fire Absorb boosts survivability a ton). Baba torch is cheap and anni is easy to obtain with the dclone trackers and the rest of the inventory is mostly filled with Attack Rating charms I found while playing the game. On switch I have dual Ali Baba and I have a ptopaz in skullders and arreats but you don't necessarily need the MF. I don't have a merc because on a budget he won't survive.

Edit: As for skills I run 20 in
Whirlwind
, 20 in
Axe Mastery
, 20 in
Battle Orders
, 20 in
Find Potion
, 10 in
Find Item
, 1 in
Berserk
for the occasional phys immune, 1 in
Iron Skin
and 1 in
Natural Resistance
. With the prerequisites this build is done at lvl 90 and has a 71% to hork
I recommend skipping the gold find boosting part. While the odds of gambling a decent rare
Circlet
or even a Griffon's are not zero, it's mostly just boring and fruitless "click, click, click, check, check, check, sell, sell, sell" ordeal.
My non-ladder lvl 89 dedicated horker wears the following:
Chains of Honor (not required, Smoke will do)
Grief (not required, Oath will do, or I can just give you a spare Grief I have lying around, it's a decent 37/390 roll)
Stormshield
socketed with a
Ber
(for 51% DR combined with CoH, but the
Ber
is, again, not required)
Arreat's Face
with a
Cham
(Chams are dirt cheap)
Thundergod's Vigor
for light absorb
Laying of Hands
, best gloves for Trav horker
Infernostride
for max fire res
Highlord's Wrath
for deadly strike and light res
Dwarf Star
for fire absorb
Gold Ring of Performance (+12 to min damage, +94 to AR, can be improved, not required)
Dual
Heart Carver
on swap
Four +1 to Warcries GCs
Three max damage/AR GCs
Assorted max damage/AR SCs
Torch + Anni, no
Tome of Town Portal

The skill distribution is:
Berserk

Howl

Battle Orders

Find Potion

Battle Command

Leap

Blade Mastery

Increased Speed

Natural Resistance

Rest into
Find Item

With dual Heart Carvers you're hitting 75% hork chance at lvl 89 (without CoH, it might be 74%)

The gameplay itself looks like this:
0. Speak to Cain to ID stuff in your cube.
1. Run to the WP.
2. Pre-buff in Trav.
3. Five leaps towards the council.
Leap
into the crowd. With
Berserk
+ Grief, they die in one hit, sometimes two. My chance to hit is 86%. But anything above 75% is fine.
5. Swap and hork.
6. Put anything of value into the cube.
7. Save and Exit.

Left click is
Berserk
, right click is
Leap
On swap, right click is
Find Item
Berserk
Leap
and
Find Item
don't have keys assigned to them, because they're always set as default skills on RMB and LMB.
A, S and D are for
Battle Command
Battle Orders
and
Shout
, respectively.

Simple, safe, efficient.
Let me know if you decide to build a barb and want that Grief on non-ladder.
The problem with running Trav endlessly is that it's almost as boring as LK. Fair enough if you can stomach it but it's not for me!

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Some excellent guidance here. Can't go wrong what's been said and really like Iamergo's
Berserk
setup.

Here's my WW Trav gear preference, just to add my 2 cents (bit more expensive though):

Harlequin Crest
+
Cham
/
Demonhorn's Edge
+
Cham

Highlord's Wrath
(I've played around with +2 barb ammys, but nothing beats the IAS + Deadly strike from Highlord's)

Enigma (
Teleport
is
Key
for keeping merc alive)

Arachnid Mesh
(extra point towards
Find Item
+ huge FCR boost beats other belts, IMO)

Any gloves with 20% IAS will do. Many prefer
Laying of Hands
for obvious reasons. But I like to switch it up and recently found some rare
Vambraces
with 20 IAS / 3% lifesteal / 13% Light Res / 25% MF. Or some GG
Blood Gloves
(I've got a pair with 20 IAS / 3 Lifesteal / 3 mana steal / 10 crushing blow / 6 str / 19 life). Or even
Chance Guards
, if you're ok sacrificing some IAS for good boost in MF + GF.

War Traveler

Grief mainhand

Offhand doesn't really matter too much, given no cold damage. Could be 6 isted PB,
Lightsabre
(cheap), a 2nd Grief, or if you're rich and want the best, I prefer Last Wish.
Fade
+ CB + MF is too good for me to pass up and I usually equip this for offhand.

And for weapon swap, I've got 2x +3 Warcries Crystal Swords socketed with 2x Ists each. Can be shopped from
Larzuk
pretty quickly (maybe 1-2 hours to get both). Extra 120% MF on swap and +6 to warcries. Sometimes switch them with 1 or 2 HOTO's, if I want FCR for faster horking. But not really needed as much with Trav since only a dozen or so corpses.

Rings need some mana steal, life steal, and all res. Attack rating, MF, FCR are nice bonuses, if you can find a GG ring with them. I spend most of my gold on rare rings and have gambled quite a few nice ones over the last few months. Or crafted Blood rings, but that could take a while longer before you get a good one.

And merc can be A2 Might (assuming you don't have Last Wish). I go with A2
Blessed Aim
merc since I do have Last Wish.
Defiance
aura is also a possibility, if you want the extra defense. I find myself switching back and forth a lot between Insight (in
Eth
Great Thesher) and
Arioc's Needle
for his weapon. Chains of Honor for his chest and
Helm
can be
Stealskull
, Guillam's, Kiras or even a
Steel Shade
for the Fire Absorb + Life regen. I find myself putting the
Steel Shade
on when I do P3
Terror
Zone trav for his best survivability.

Hope some of this helps!

EDIT: I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's anywhere near as boring as LK.. I can do Trav for months on end, but have only managed to stomach the patience for LK about a dozen times in the same timespan. Trav can be challenging and requires quite a bit of work to keep merc alive, whereas LK is just mindless chest popping, IMO.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
I recommend skipping the gold find boosting part. While the odds of gambling a decent rare
Circlet
or even a Griffon's are not zero, it's mostly just boring and fruitless "click, click, click, check, check, check, sell, sell, sell" ordeal.
My non-ladder lvl 89 dedicated horker wears the following:
Chains of Honor (not required, Smoke will do)
Grief (not required, Oath will do, or I can just give you a spare Grief I have lying around, it's a decent 37/390 roll)
Stormshield
socketed with a
Ber
(for 51% DR combined with CoH, but the
Ber
is, again, not required)
Arreat's Face
with a
Cham
(Chams are dirt cheap)
Thundergod's Vigor
for light absorb
Laying of Hands
, best gloves for Trav horker
Infernostride
for max fire res
Highlord's Wrath
for deadly strike and light res
Dwarf Star
for fire absorb
Gold Ring of Performance (+12 to min damage, +94 to AR, can be improved, not required)
Dual
Heart Carver
on swap
Four +1 to Warcries GCs
Three max damage/AR GCs
Assorted max damage/AR SCs
Torch + Anni, no
Tome of Town Portal

The skill distribution is:
Berserk

Howl

Battle Orders

Find Potion

Battle Command

Leap

Blade Mastery

Increased Speed

Natural Resistance

Rest into
Find Item

With dual Heart Carvers you're hitting 75% hork chance at lvl 89 (without CoH, it might be 74%)

The gameplay itself looks like this:
0. Speak to Cain to ID stuff in your cube.
1. Run to the WP.
2. Pre-buff in Trav.
3. Five leaps towards the council.
Leap
into the crowd. With
Berserk
+ Grief, they die in one hit, sometimes two. My chance to hit is 86%. But anything above 75% is fine.
5. Swap and hork.
6. Put anything of value into the cube.
7. Save and Exit.

Left click is
Berserk
, right click is
Leap
On swap, right click is
Find Item
Berserk
Leap
and
Find Item
don't have keys assigned to them, because they're always set as default skills on RMB and LMB.
A, S and D are for
Battle Command
Battle Orders
and
Shout
, respectively.

Simple, safe, efficient.
Let me know if you decide to build a barb and want that Grief on non-ladder.
I am considering it except was looking at builds that have the Merc kill instead, however with no MF what are you doing the runs for mainly, HR's?

Edit: having watched some builds this looks really fun and could be used in other areas too I think.

~Necrarch
I am considering it except was looking at builds that have the Merc kill instead, however with no MF what are you doing the runs for mainly, HR's?
Edit: having watched some builds this looks really fun and could be used in other areas too I think.
Well, the merc build uses the merc to buff your gold find and magic find beyond what you can carry yourself. Even with BotD, it's noticeably slower than you doing the job. And it requires Enigma to reposition the merc between temple levels. If you're not gold- or magic-finding, that build is a waste of time.

Without MF, I farmed charms, jewels and runes with that boy, though I haven't played on non-ladder for a while.
OP
Well, the merc build uses the merc to buff your gold find and magic find beyond what you can carry yourself. Even with BotD, it's noticeably slower than you doing the job. And it requires Enigma to reposition the merc between temple levels. If you're not gold- or magic-finding, that build is a waste of time.

Without MF, I farmed charms, jewels and runes with that boy, though I haven't played on non-ladder for a while.
Thanks for all the advice. I'll probably build this when I find some of the stuff for it as it seems fun. Anywhere other than Travs that it can run? Just to occasionally change things up?

~Necrarch

Thanks for all the advice. I'll probably build this when I find some of the stuff for it as it seems fun. Anywhere other than Travs that it can run? Just to occasionally change things up?
Given how ridiculously tanky the build is (35% physical res with
Stormshield
alone; 85% fire and light res; 15% fire absorb (can go 30% with two Dwarf Stars) and 20 flat light absorb), you can farm anything with it. The Pit and
Chaos Sanctuary
come to mind, since they buffed the
Leap
animation speed and Enigma is not strictly required. You won't be able to seal-pop without it though. Not a big deal either way, 'cause you've got hork. Just keep in mind that it's a sniper build, i.e. you're targeting uniques and champions. This means that you probably want to assign
Howl
a hotkey to scatter the surrounding trash.

Now, regarding MF. If you wanna farm outside
Travincal
, you'll probably want some uniques to drop here and there. I would replace
Infernostride
with
War Traveler
and all GCs with 7%MF small charms. I don't recommend going above 250% MF though. People always say "you get diminishing returns after 400%" when in reality you get diminishing returns after 1%. And 250% MF is my go-to compromise amount for non-sorceress characters. Proved by hundreds of hours on my lvl 96 hammerdin/fohdin alone.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...