diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2405 views

Description

I have this bit of trivia info in my head for quite some time:
the pool of monster spawns in the
Throne of Destruction
matches the pool of the
Worldstone Keep Level 2
area. To be specific, if souls would spawn in lvl 2, there will be souls in the throne room.

Now I wanted to confirm the truth behind this statement, but can't find anything on that matter. Iirc, I heard this info being dropped like a side note in a video from some d2 content creator.

I've been avoiding souls like that since ladder S2 start and I have rarely encountered souls in the throne room this way. The only times I had souls in the throne room was, when I found the lvl 3 descent pretty quickly. So the chances are high, that I simply didn't encounter souls in lvl 2, because only the other monster packs spawned in while I was teleporting 4 - 5 times until I reached the exit to lvl 3.

Can anyone confirm or deny that? 'Cause I would be very suprised if it matched that well the whole time, without it actually being true.
Description by Ganonvillage

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have this bit of trivia info in my head for quite some time:
the pool of monster spawns in the
Throne of Destruction
matches the pool of the
Worldstone Keep Level 2
area. To be specific, if souls would spawn in lvl 2, there will be souls in the throne room.

Now I wanted to confirm the truth behind this statement, but can't find anything on that matter. Iirc, I heard this info being dropped like a side note in a video from some d2 content creator.

I've been avoiding souls like that since ladder S2 start and I have rarely encountered souls in the throne room this way. The only times I had souls in the throne room was, when I found the lvl 3 descent pretty quickly. So the chances are high, that I simply didn't encounter souls in lvl 2, because only the other monster packs spawned in while I was teleporting 4 - 5 times until I reached the exit to lvl 3.

Can anyone confirm or deny that? 'Cause I would be very suprised if it matched that well the whole time, without it actually being true.
Answeredby Ganonvillage1 year agoGo to post
Ok, I did some more baal runs and had souls in the throne room one time, without them being on lvl 2 of the worldstone keep.

So, I went back into lvl 2 and scouted the whole area, until the map was fully revealed. Until then I only encountered Serpent Magus, Cadaver and poison horror mages as monsters. Then, to exclude the possibility of a monster group not spawning at all, due to rng, even though it is chosen to spawn for this run, I checked the assigned number of possible monster types spawning in the game files for worldstone keep level 2, which is 3. So with the serpents, the cadavers, and the mages, all the spots of possible spawns were occupied and there was no room for souls to spawn.

TL;DR:
The statement was debunked, so it was just a huge coincidence. There is no linkage between the worldstone keep level 2 monster spawns and the throne room monster spawns.

PC | Europe | Non-Ladder and Ladder | Softcore
Take from this what you will, because I never thought of how the game mechanics behind monster spawn pools work.

For what it's worth, the willowisps in WSK2 and the throne aren't even the same kind. The only way this would work is if Black Souls were assigned to be in a group of let's say "D" and the throne's Burning Souls were also in Group D and the game picks "D" for all the levels of WSK and the throne on game load.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Worldsto ... W._Keep_2_

Monsters - Nightmare,Hell
Frenzied Ice Spawn

Guest Monsters
Greater Hell Spawn,
Soul Killer,
Fiend,
Serpent Magus,
Cadaver,
Horror Mage P,
Horadrim Ancient,
Steel Scarab,
Black Soul

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Throne_of_Destruction

Death Lord
Hell Witch

Guest Monsters
Undead Soul Killer,
Assailant,
Burning Soul,
Dark Lord,
Pit Lord,
Horadrim Ancient,
Doom Knight(Minion),
Oblivion Knight,
Serpent Magus

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
Take from this what you will, because I never thought of how the game mechanics behind monster spawn pools work.

For what it's worth, the willowisps in WSK2 and the throne aren't even the same kind. The only way this would work is if Black Souls were assigned to be in a group of let's say "D" and the throne's Burning Souls were also in Group D and the game picks "D" for all the levels of WSK and the throne on game load.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Worldsto ... W._Keep_2_

Frenzied Ice Spawn

Guest Monsters
Greater Hell Spawn,
Soul Killer,
Fiend,
Serpent Magus,
Cadaver,
Horror Mage P,
Horadrim Ancient,
Steel Scarab,
Black Soul

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Throne_of_Destruction

Death Lord
Hell Witch

Guest Monsters
Undead Soul Killer,
Assailant,
Burning Soul,
Dark Lord,
Pit Lord,
Horadrim Ancient,
Doom Knight(Minion),
Oblivion Knight,
Serpent Magus

thanks for sharing this additional info. Sadly, I can't find the source of the statement. Like you said, it has to come down to the spawning pool machanism, but that's not so easy to get a look at, i guess. With the monster types being different, it kinda got less likely for me. I haven't looked at the types beforehand. Maybe someone from the modding community has bigger insights.

Ganonvillage wrote: 1 year ago
if souls would spawn in lvl 2, there will be souls in the throne room.
I can confirm from experience that they do not necessarily spawn together. I've had times where there were Black Souls in WSK2 and no Burning Souls in Throne, and vise versa. However it is the game decides what spawns where, I have never seen any evidence that the roll for one zone impacts another. IMO, they're separate rolls, and any convergence you're seeing is just chance. Annoying chance, as Souls can be quite cancerous depending on your character, but still chance.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
OP
Ok, I did some more
Baal
runs and had souls in the throne room one time, without them being on lvl 2 of the worldstone keep.

So, I went back into lvl 2 and scouted the whole area, until the map was fully revealed. Until then I only encountered Serpent Magus, Cadaver and poison horror mages as monsters. Then, to exclude the possibility of a monster group not spawning at all, due to rng, even though it is chosen to spawn for this run, I checked the assigned number of possible monster types spawning in the game files for
Worldstone Keep Level 2
, which is 3. So with the serpents, the cadavers, and the mages, all the spots of possible spawns were occupied and there was no room for souls to spawn.

TL;DR:
The statement was debunked, so it was just a huge coincidence. There is no linkage between the
Worldstone Keep Level 2
monster spawns and the throne room monster spawns.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Ravoc 123

PC
Considering the drop chances of some items, you could have had years of runs worth having matching soul spawns...

(no math here, just jesting :D )
OP
Ravoc wrote: 1 year ago
Considering the drop chances of some items, you could have had years of runs worth having matching soul spawns...

(no math here, just jesting :D )
you're right, but that was also kinda in my favor this season, when I got a
Tyrael's Might
drop a few days in :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...