Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   1846 views

Description

377 dmg over 11 seconds. This just dropped in a
Terror
zone (95) and has a required level 80. It's only like 33 poison dps but I've never seen a small roll this high of a total number. Wondering if it's a
Terror
zone thing...though some of you might find it interesting. I guess it it's your only poison damage the 11 seconds would be helpful against dclone or something since it gives a pretty long DOT window where they aren't getting life regen.

Can be used to make Runewords:

377 dmg over 11 seconds. This just dropped in a
Terror
zone (95) and has a required level 80. It's only like 33 poison dps but I've never seen a small roll this high of a total number. Wondering if it's a
Terror
zone thing...though some of you might find it interesting. I guess it it's your only poison damage the 11 seconds would be helpful against dclone or something since it gives a pretty long DOT window where they aren't getting life regen.
They can roll up to 451

Some PvP folks are using them.

Not trying to get rich but to keep my stashes light. I will most likely accept your offer.

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
schilkschi wrote: 1 year ago
They can roll up to 451

Some PvP folks are using them.
This.

Poison charms are a bit special in that their values don't just add, they need to multiply and whatnot, due to the different durations.
For example, on a small charm, Pestilent (prefix) yields 175 dmg over 6 seconds whereas Anthrax (suffix) yields 50 dmg over 6. If you get both on the same charm, the durations get added (6 + 6 = 12) and the dmg gets divided by the duration for its affix, multiplied by the new total duration. So 175/6*12 + 50/6*12 = 450 dmg over 12 seconds.

The actual math is actually a tad more complicated as you have a
Conversion
to bits and frames and back in there which is then subject to rounding rules on each step and results in slightly different numbers in the end, such as the 451 a pestilent small charm of anthrax really gets, but the above simplification gets you close enough.

Pestilence, rather than anthrax, gives you 25 dmg over 5 seconds on the suffix so 11 seconds total (6 + 5) and 175/6*11 + 25/5*11 = 375 damage (=377 in reality, due to the bit/frame
Conversion
roundings).
The funny thing about poison is, that in some circumstances, adding poison charms can actually reduce your overall poison damage.
It's more of a theorecical quirk, doesn't really matter in practice.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...