Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   985 views

Description

does anybody know whether season's new runewords(like Flickering Flame) would be added to the main game after the6'th of october?

Can be used to make Runewords:

does anybody know whether season's new runewords(like Flickering Flame) would be added to the main game after the6'th of october?

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
If by main game you mean non-ladder then yes and most likely.

Blizz has clearly stated that any ladder gear you have will transition over to non-ladder. As such, any of the new runewords created in ladder during S1 will be moved to non-ladder and can then be used/traded there.

Blizz has "less clearly" stated that come end of S1, the new runewords introduced with it should also become available as recipes in non-ladder, meaning you can then create new ones as well. They stated that as not guaranteed but their current plan back during the dev stream before 2.4/S1. I don't believe it has been officially confirmed since but it also wasn't denied/publicly pivoted.

I'll go ahead and assume they stick to it and the RWs become available on NL but to be sure, I'd recommend creating one of the cheap ones (e.g. Pattern) first as a test after S1 ends, before using up your higher runes on an Obsession or the like.
dimachego wrote: 1 year ago
does anybody know whether season's new runewords(like Flickering Flame) would be added to the main game after the6'th of October?
How come I have a sense that he's asking if there is new RW secretly added to Ladder season 2?

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
Flyhorse wrote: 1 year ago
does anybody know whether season's new runewords(like Flickering Flame) would be added to the main game after the6'th of October?
How come I have a sense that he's asking if there is new RW secretly added to Ladder season 2?
I've always wondered how did everyone(meaning all websites) know theses runewords? were there guy attempting every combination to get it?
or someone actually hacked into the code and checked it himself?

if so, it just means finding a new combo of runeword is crazy wasteful, i wouldn't attempt it even if I knew there were actually a new rune word.
If i was a developer i would put as one of the feature to let anyone know there's actually a new runeword.. then the race would begin.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Ravoc 122

PC
They just look into the code I think.

ShadowHeart 1557Moderator

Europe PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
Flyhorse wrote: 1 year ago
I've always wondered how did everyone(meaning all websites) know theses runewords? were there guy attempting every combination to get it?
or someone actually hacked into the code and checked it himself?

if so, it just means finding a new combo of runeword is crazy wasteful, i wouldn't attempt it even if I knew there were actually a new rune word.
If i was a developer i would put as one of the feature to let anyone know there's actually a new runeword.. then the race would begin.
The patch notes for 2.4 quite clearly listed all the new Rune Words, all details including how to make them. There was no need to try combinations...

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Along the same lines as OP is there an updated runes.txt file available somewhere for single player use that includes all the new runewords. I cant seem to find a complete one. Most have the rune names in them but no actual information in the corresponding fields

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...