diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   10986 views

Description

Description by LuckyAce

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Well, that's just using hotkeys, isn't it?

That's nowhere near the same as "attack randomly drops target, causing you to
Frenzy
-speed-rush across the entire screen in half a second so you have to turn around, go back, try to pick up the target again, only to have it drop again and start all over...". Really the only way I've found to make
Frenzy
work "reliably" with them broken controls is to shift-attack next to mobs which then fails if lag merely claims they're next to you but they actually aren't and even when it does work, it gives you no real control as to which target you're prioritizing. That's very much a
Frenzy
problem that - while it technically exists for other single-target builds - doesn't seem to make too much of a difference there by comparison.

Although it did get worse across the board with one of the recent patches...I remember my smiter happily smiting his target and simply stopping when the target died.
Now...target dies, he immediately keeps running into the prior target's direction, forcing you to actively turn around and go back first to grab whatever anni just dropped.
I just played for 1-2 hours. Actually, it works nearly without problem. I think I had more problems before the patch.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
OP
Howdy again, I'm back after testing out
Terror
Zones for a few days. Wasn't expecting them to release at the end of this ladder so that kind of surprised me O.o

My barb is Lvl 94, basically almost 95 and I took him through many different
Terror
zones in solo, and P8. He's a pure
Frenzy
build using end-game gear and is equipped with really good charms. He also uses the A5 Barb
Bash
Merc, with Unbending Will. This gives him lvl 25
Battle Cry
which decreases monster DEF by -98% (I prefer this ver over the
Frenzy
Barb Merc)

He does just fine solo, but I've noticed he struggles a bit in places like CS, WSK, and
Throne of Destruction
for example when on P8.

The point of my original post targeted the average player, who probably doesn't have end game gear, and may not for awhile depending on how often they trade for items and what kind of Barb build they're going for. As written by
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
forums/presenting-the-summoner-barb-t1062172.html

Crispin isn’t wrong, haha

But yea the original poster I think has a point, if you were soloing a
Terror
zone as a melee char you might need to switch to a
Blessed Aim
merc. But if your doing it in a party I think there will always be a spot for a tank. Most barb builds can achieve 3k+ life fairly easily
This is also a solid choice if you're struggling to land blows due to low AR. Although, I wouldn't necessarily rule out the Rogue's
Inner Sight
while also equipped with a good Faith bow. The highest
Terror
Zone I took my barb into was Lvl 98.

In the P8 games I was in, I was the only barb, and I struggled to keep up with my party trying to kill things. I keep the attack miss indicator on and even with party buffs, I still found myself missing more than I normally would on P8 outside of a
Terror
Zone. My barbs AR is 12.5K without any party buffs to him.

My final thoughts are,
Terror
Zones (for barbs) will be good for early ladder and leveling up (especially as a group), and some of them will be good for horking later on. But in terms of farming efficiency, Barbs still lag behind nearly almost every other class when put into a P8
Terror
Zone in a group, or solo. Maybe I'll theorycraft a Barb build for them during ladder season 2 :P.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation